It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero

page: 26
<< 23  24  25   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I hate to be the one to shout out here, but this thread isn't a religion v. atheism thread.

Could you please leave your comments at the door as they are OT?

I'm pretty sure derailing threads is against the T&C...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm having a bit of a hard time grasping what the issue is that folks are having with a mosque being built near ground zero ...

First of all in order for one to have an issue they would have to be convinced that it was in fact "muslim extremists" that carried out the attacks.

But let's put that aside for a sec and go along with the official story and assume that it was ...

Let me then ask the following ... do the same folks who object to this, object if someone proposes to build a church near where a christian fundamentalist bombed an abortion clinic?

Meaning, it stands to reason not to extrapolate and generalize the behavior of the followers of an entire faith because of the actions of its extremists.

To have an issue with the construction of a house of worship of any faith to be built near the place where some who have twisted that faith to a vicious end is simply glaring false reasoning.

I mean ok ... we can say "there them muslims did that thing to us so no mosque for them" but it is rather silly.

[edit on 26 May 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I found this video on net , What do people think?Some intresting points of view and interesting reason for the name of the Mosque if it is true?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
reply to post by Wondering302

but that doesnt matter because 911 was done by the government and not muslims. so muslims had nothing to do with the attacks, its ok, let them build a mosque.

on the other hand they should arrest bush for crimes on humanity..

9/11 was done by specially trained Al-CIA-da Muslims who were used as tools by the Bush government, so NYC has every reason and every right to feel agitated and upset over the construction and following inauguration of a mosque near Ground Zero.

To the survivors of 9/11 and the residents of the Big Apple, this mosque is a spit in the face to them.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I'm having a bit of a hard time grasping what the issue is that folks are having with a mosque being built near ground zero ...

Of course you are my bright little star.

Let me then ask the following ... do the same folks who object to this, object if someone proposes to build a church near where a christian fundamentalist bombed an abortion clinic?

Well if they did I would understand.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
don't see any problem with this. Its not like they are putting up a museum dedicated to terrorists or something. But then again I'm someone who practices religious tolerance and I have no problem with most muslims. All muslims are not terrorists.

You know though if a were advising those wanting to build here I would tell them that it would be ill advised becouse it looks like a rush to establish a presence. Show some contrition here yourselves, for the sake of peace and stop putting it all on the the others to make a show of peace.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Opponents Pack Hearing on Mosque Near Ground Zero

www.newsmax.com...

I just came across this.

best regards,

sw

edit to add title

[edit on 14-7-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
reply to post by nik1halo

There are many people that do not want this Mosque near the twin Towers.
Ask yourself how you would feel when every morning you're awakened by the call for prayer.
It's coming folks, it's coming.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by MagicaRose]

I live next to a church, I get woken up by the church bells. Can you tell me a difference?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
reply to post by nik1halo

There are many people that do not want this Mosque near the twin Towers.
Ask yourself how you would feel when every morning you're awakened by the call for prayer.
It's coming folks, it's coming.

just putting this out there, isnt the call to prayer only in majority muslim countries? even with mosques with minirates , they cant use them without permission (and i havent seen any here that use that for calls to prayer)
so i am curious where you got that idea from.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
(I wrote this as a reply to this thread but it was closed and suggested to post in an existing thread.)

Welcome to America. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free". Free, freedom of religion that's constitutionally guaranteed as an American.

You want to put a religious place of worship near the place where people deliberately crashed airplanes into a symbol of America while killing thousands? For a moment let's believe the OS of 9/11 that 19 al-Qaeda terrorists of the Islamic faith orchestrated and implemented the events of that tradic day. Should Americans, even feeling a wound that hasn't healed, being a truly multiculteralist society, actually hold the beliefs of a small number of radicals representative of the entire one and a half billion people of the religion? For pespective, I was raised Roman Catholic although have been in a religous state of limbo for a number of years.

Let me sidestep for a moment to atempt an analogy of sorts . Most people will agree that illegal immigration should not be tolerated for a variety of reasons. . But as soon as Arizona tries to enforce existing laws people become "up in arms" over racial profiling. I'm not really sure what the problem is. If you shouldn't be here, you shouldn't be here and if there's an opportunity to get caught it should be taken advantage of, end of story. For the record, I'm American, both sides of my family came here from Europe, they learned the language and they became legal Americans.

People want to give freedom of religion where they feel safe that freedom should be granted in the same way people want to stop illegal immigration but only in the way they feel it's acceptable to do so? I really don't understand the concept of either of these but it seems to be the way some people think and feel.

My opinion on the topic at hand is that they should be able to build their mosque at the location in question. Either that or I tend to question if this is really America. Home of the free, home of the brave? Stereotyping never seems to be a good thing to do and only creates animosity by doing so.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Quite simply this is the United States of America and we are supposed to believe in freedom of religion. As long as the building in question complies with the local zoning its not really anyone's concern what goes there. From one of the articles already posted in defense of not putting it there it is already used as a place for Muslims to hold prayer services once a week anyway.

Another worried it'll be used as a front for terrorist activity. That was probably one of the more sad ones I have seen in a while because to be blunt, dishonest people will sometimes use their business as a front for a wide variety of crimes the Subway down the street from me was being used to sell drugs out of it. does that mean that we should prevent new Subways from opening?

People tend to forget that a number of Muslims died in those two towers as well, and not only did they have to face the grief of that, they got burdened with the fact that some morons who happened to share their faith albeit a wildly radical end of that particular faith decided to fly a couple airplanes into them.

If it is a choice of dying because some ignorant fool cant deal with a building going up decides to resort to force to prevent these people from practicing their religion, and being perfectly safe by denying them their right to do so then by all means I prefer to die. To choose anything else invalidates the core principles that this nation was built on.

And the worst of the lot in this whole mess are the Christians who are so willing to persecute anyone and everyone else on this subject when the most basic tenant of their faith is to forgive. Even in this case when those building a house of worship had nothing to do with the event to begin with. The only reason to prevent this from being built is to continue fostering malice and hatred toward their neighbors.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by Wondering302

Well well well, how about this? How do y'all feel about this. I think we're heading for a Muslim country. Now I don't mind religious freedom at all BUT this just seems to spit on the faces of the family menbers of 911 victims. If they're going to build a Mosque in NY then fine but why so close to ground zero??

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

How do you see this as a spit on the face of the family members?

Don't you think Bush being free is a spit on the face of the family members of those who died in Iraq?

This is not a spit, this is love spit, if you know what I mean..

It's more like verbal diarrhea if you ask me. How much do you want to bet it never gets built? And if it does, how will the builders stop the demonstrations that will no doubt take place around the job site? Hummm?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I personally would love to visit these mosques upon completion. I wonder if it would be considered rude for me to bring along my torch and pitchfork?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by americanwoman

Originally posted by americanwoman
I personally would love to visit these mosques upon completion. I wonder if it would be considered rude for me to bring along my torch and pitchfork?

Not at all.

Maybe my outfit might even raise a few eyebrows....lol....just kidding....

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I have no other choice than to believe this is bing done out of spite. They want to use our freedoms against us. Enough is enough. This is nothing more than a spit in the face.

You think the WTC fell hard, they put this thing up and I am willing to bet money someone will end up making it come to the ground in pieces too.

(Note: I am in no way shape or form condoning any bombings or activity such as this or any other actions that would be viewed as terrorism defined under the patriot act. Simply stating the possibility of an american extremest executing this option.)

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

This needs to be viewed more deeply than black and white.

Yes, both places innocent people were killed, but come on. This is the site where the first foreign attack on the United States took place since Pearl Harbor. 2,976 people were killed, not including the 19 terrorists hijackers.

Bottom line, the trauma caused from the two events do not evenly compare by far.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Muslim organisation now say there where 300 muslims in the building whom died.. but the terrorist said that when there where muslims in the buidling they died for the cause and they died as martyrs for the jihad so that point the muslim organisations make doesn't go up..

How would they like it when we drop a bomb on mekka and after that build a church on the mekka site where we have thrown the bomb. ?? the world would have been to small and we would have terror attacks across the western world.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
History tells us ..
The Mosque is a Trophy to represent Lands Conquered.
To understand what is Happening we Must Look at History, and the way each culture works.
This is Not about niceties and forgiveness and getting along.
I wish it were.

I am : American Indian ,German ,Sicilian, Austrian and Spanish

I Have No Room to hate any culture.

I do Follow my KJV Bible to the LETTER as much as humanly Possible.

I find it hard to Believe Muslums are as Completely Harmless as Lambs if they are at all following the Primary Goal of there teachings.

It would mean Death to them to Change One word or not Follow.
And They have Been Following this Plan the same One ,,for Thousands of Years.

I as a Free American ..Wish to Remain Free, to Live Free and To: Worship My God in My Way, and Raise My Family .
As should YOU !

As a Free American.. I think any Group of any Kind who’s Prime Directive is to take Over the World should Be Considered a Threat to The United States Of America’s National Security.
Because.
I doubt they would rewrite there teachings.
This is Just starting.
God Bless All !
Max Angel

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
You know though if a were advising those wanting to build here I would tell them that it would be ill advised becouse it looks like a rush to establish a presence.

9 years after they lost a prayer facility in the WTC towers, they are building a new on inside a mutli-faith community center 2 blocks away. Help me see it as a "rush to establish a presence" please.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This video is to warn you against a major manipulation by your media and governments. The International Burn Koran Day, the Ground Zero Mosque the Sakineh's case in Iran, are totaly connected and fake, they have been created and hyped in order to create an atmosphere of fear and hatred towards the Muslims.

The goal is to prepare the approriate conditions for False Flag terrorist attack or for the Middle East war, of course the Muslims will be blamed. This video is not meant to defend the Muslims but to warn the people against a huge manipulation.

If you ignore who is your true ennemy you're the true loser.

Our ONLY ennemies are our Governments.

top topics

<< 23  24  25   >>

join