It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Wow straight up lies.

Native Indians were largely in part, killed by Spanish conquistadors.

Learn some history.

Everything you said was agenda-driven lies. Lies I say!

Oh it's a racial agenda too.

American = White eh?

Um....what are you talking about?
Natives Indians were killed by Spanish...The Spaniards were white people.
Wow man.

And yea America = white, if you didn't know this turn on the T.V or go walk outside.
quickfacts.census.gov...

about 80% of America is white.

Fail...just fail.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yes it was, and yet we are still intelligent enough to re4cognose that the IRA are not the Catholic faith and Catholics across the UK were not branded terrorists just by dint of belonging to the same nominal faith. Good god, why is this so hard for you lot to understand?

Remember the McCarthy Witchunts looking for the red under the bed? Is paranoia an American national characteristic or something?

Obviously not judging by the sane responses to this issue, but theres plenty on here who are making it look that way

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am of Cherokee blood, and I have to say this since it's becoming so apparent in the comments of some posters.

It seems to me that this is becoming an RACIST issue.

Well the Native American blood in me is TIRED OF THE RACISM.

My blood line barely survived RACISM.

Why are these idiots still promoting it?

Just because it is against white people does not make it acceptable.

Sickening posts End of Babylon. Sickening.

I am American and I am of Cherokee decent (although some other races as well).

[edit on 7-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Well the Native American blood in me is TIRED OF THE RACISM.

My blood line barely survived RACISM.

Why are these idiots still promoting it?

So says the member who equates Muslims with Nazis?

HOW!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by End Of Babylon

Wow straight up lies.

Native Indians were largely in part, killed by Spanish conquistadors.

Learn some history.

Everything you said was agenda-driven lies. Lies I say!

Oh it's a racial agenda too.

American = White eh?

Um....what are you talking about?
Natives Indians were killed by Spanish...The Spaniards were white people.
Wow man.

And yea America = white, if you didn't know this turn on the T.V or go walk outside.
quickfacts.census.gov...

about 80% of America is white.

Fail...just fail.

1 million black hutu's and tutsi's killed each other how stupid is that? lets not play the racist card over here.
We're talking about a mosque in 21 century NYC..[post 9/11]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

Remember the McCarthy Witchunts looking for the red under the bed? Is paranoia an American national characteristic or something?

Communism was spreading like a virus around the world back then and right or wrong McCarthy stopped communism in its tracks in america. To a whole bunch of leftwing people that was an evil thing. The red scare was real. Somehow Hollywood servived and is the biggest supporter and purveyour of leftwing junk.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Remember the McCarthy Witchunts looking for the red under the bed?

Ok you slam me for equating Islam with Nazism, but you just equated it with the "Red Scare" of the 50's.

But Communists never flew planes into American cities to kill people either.

So I guess the Red Scare was unfounded paranoia, where as this Islam Scare issue actually has some factual evidence to be based on. Like all those terrorist attacks...

So willing to talk down on Americans but yet not a peep about all of the racism and anti-western paranoia going on in middle eastern nations?? It's 1000x worse over there but no one cares. Why?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Remember the McCarthy Witchunts looking for the red under the bed?

But Communists never flew planes into American cities to kill people either.

Yeah, it's not like this event was incredibly questionable on whether or not the true story is correct, so much so that the people who were in charge of investigating the manner aren't pleased with the official story, many congressmen aren't, many intelligence personnel aren't...

But hey, lets ignore some of our fundamental freedoms for something we think happened even though the facts on what happened are hardly factual!

IN THE NAME OF OUR FREEDOMS!

Let's even suggest that the official story is correct; that terrorist attacked us because they "hate our freedoms".

I guess we better go back on our freedoms then and have them win on that account, eh?

[edit on 7-5-2010 by SpectreDC]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I didn't say anything racist.

Some how you have it in your head that any mention of American history = racist.

Should we hide and cover up anything bad white people did?

Also your Cherokee, do you think America gives a damn about you?
They came took your whole continent, enslaved, killed and shoved you on reservations(ghettos) wiped out your history and told you "don't be racist".
Now there up above you and you love them for it.

Sound like a great deal for one side.
Where are the Natives in the White house? no where to be found.

Better wake up, these people don't give a damn about you, they still celebrate Columbus day and Thanksgiving in your face. (btw Cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving represents the blood of the Natives)

Where the hell is the Native national holiday?

But you want to cry for Americas 9/11, the people that screwed you over and shoved you in hell.

Great job they did of oppression over the past 400 years, I gotta say.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

I guess we better go back on our freedoms then and have them win on that account, eh?

Hey I agree man.

All I want is to put up a Nazi Memorial next to a Jewish Synagogue.

I mean what harm will it cause? Gosh everyone is so touchy.

/sarcasm

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I don't get it

(Supposedly) Some crazy, extremist Muslims took down the towers (supposedly, mind you) and so other Muslims aren't allowed to build a mosque near it as if they were pedophiles living across the street from a school?

"In America, we value freedoms such as freedom of religion, unless you're Muslim you can't build a Mosque here, here, here or here. Oh, or here. But feel free to do whatever else."

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that all Muslims want to blow up various locations. You think the proximity of a Mosque to said locations is going to be a deterrent? So are we supposed to make a law that says a Mosque can't be built within a 1 mile, 5 mile, 10 mile radius to a certain location? What is an acceptable distance to you? What qualifies as a terrorist target in this case?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao

1 million black hutu's and tutsi's killed each other how stupid is that? lets not play the racist card over here.
We're talking about a mosque in 21 century NYC..[post 9/11]

So what?

Germans killed other white people (so called Jews), the rest of the world doesn't give a damn.

Ask any other country how much they care that Americans killed Americans in a plane crashing into a building and see the laughter.

Even in Canada everyone laughs at 9/11 like a funny joke.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Some how you have it in your head that any mention of American history = racist.

They came took your whole continent, enslaved, killed and shoved you on reservations(ghettos) wiped out your history and told you "don't be racist".

Better wake up, these people don't give a damn about you, they still celebrate Columbus day and Thanksgiving in your face. (btw Cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving represents the blood of the Natives)

But you want to cry for Americas 9/11, the people that screwed you over and shoved you in hell.

Great job they did of oppression over the past 400 years, I gotta say.

and some people say Osama bin ladden is dead.
Divided and conquer those silly americans, that's is real good there dude.
as if you care one bit about the american indians or anyone else.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

You might be the first person to earn my ignore list, in the 6+years I've been around here.

But I will hold off in the belief that you might actually contribute something decent some day.

Everything you said there was hard core racism, btw. I forgive you though.

I won't let it get to me. See I have come to terms with history and learned from it. You certainly have not.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Hey I agree man.

All I want is to put up a Nazi Memorial next to a Jewish Synagogue.

I mean what harm will it cause? Gosh everyone is so touchy.

/sarcasm

So you're making a correlation between an ideology in which, cemented in this ideology and shared by a large majority of those who stood for that ideology, was anti-semetic with a religious belief and place of worship in which an overwhelming majority of those who worship aren't terrorists and are typically peace loving.

Yeah, that isn't a stupid comparison what so ever. You're incredibly astute and I'm awe struck at your brilliant use of logic.

Oh, can't forget my little sarcasm cut off.

/sarcasm

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
I don't get it

Neither do I.

I mean all I wanted was a nice little memorial for ol Heinrich Himmler right next to the Holocaust Museum in DC. Go Freedom!

But they wouldn't allow it? Why?

I can't believe how dense some of you are and you don't get this simple point.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed

and some people say Osama bin ladden is dead.
Divided and conquer those silly americans, that's is real good there dude.
as if you care one bit about the american indians or anyone else.

I care enough about Natives to stand up for them while people like you laugh like it's a joke.

The minorities like keeping themselves oppressed these days.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I care enough about Natives to stand up for them while people like you laugh like it's a joke.

The minorities like keeping themselves oppressed these days.

You sir do not represent Natives. We do not want your opinions they are sickening racism which is exactly what killed off so many of the tribes.

This is exactly what killed Natives. Racism.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Its nice you both replied consecutively, I can address you both.

First, I am not equating Muslims with Communism or anything else. What I am drawing attention to, or trying to, is that for some reason, mostly America (but not exclusively) always seems to need a 'bad guy' to rally against. What is that all about?

Its like some great elaboration on the old tradition of the audience booing at the cowboy wearing the black outfit in the movies and it is ludicrous.

The McCarthyism of the 1950's is seen on this side of the Atlantic as a big joke, and yet when I mentioned it someone STILL leapt to defend it! Preposterous. Communism was not an illness, its an ideology that people (supposedly free thinking people in the case of the USA) could either accept or reject. There was never any prospect of it 'taking over', it simply doesn't fit 'the American way of life'. This should have been obvious, as it was in Europe, but the fear, propagated by our own governments (yes, ours too) was aimed at keeping everyone in line by giving them something else to be afraid of. and it worked.

Muslims are the fall guys now, and too many people are too stupid to see through it. If it wasn't them it would be somebody else. Nothing unites a nation behind its leaders better than 'us against them'.

With the fall of communism in Eastern Europe you needed another bogeyman. China sort of filled in, but it didn't really work did it? Then all of a sudden we are back to the religious war between Islam and Christianity that blighted Europe and the Middle East a thousand years ago. Why?

The fear mongers will have you believe this struggle has been raging all that time. No it hasn't. From about c.1350 until c.2001 a great religious conflict between these ideologies hasn't featured in our history at all. If you look at the material that predates 911 there is NOTHING. There has been much bloodshed, but this was all in the interest of western empire building, not religion. And it was US attacking THEM for their land and riches.

The Arab-Isreali conflict since 1948 is very much the exception, but then, how exactly would you EXPECT the Palestinians to react to being evicted from their own land to salve the collective Western guilt complex?

And yet we are seemingly willing to believe that a very few murderous lunatics are representative of the aims of an entire faith and nobody seems to posses the wit to question how this association looks if one transfers itacross to our own murderous lunatics.

And all muzzleflash seems able to do is post wilfully obtuse and irrelevant responses about nazi memorials.

As the great Stephen Fry would put it;

"Its all arse-gravy of the highest order"

[edit on 7-5-2010 by waynos]

[edit on 7-5-2010 by waynos]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I can't believe how dense some of you are and you don't get this simple point.

Yes, the people that are dense are those who are looking at your comparison and explaining how it is completely off base.

It isn't the person who is constantly yelling the same comparison without offering an explanation on how they are similar (likely because there isn't), and just thinks repeating himself constantly makes him right.

Not at all.

The people who use reason are clearly those that are dense and the person not using reason is the one who is intelligent and presents the best argument.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join