It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
I honestly have taken your thread to imply that you are an ignorant, middle-aged white male with limited intercultural exposure. [edit on 7-5-2010 by Shark VA84]

Is this any way to begin a post admonishing others for judging an entire group by the actions of a few?
Pot, kettle, etc.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

you are making my point for me... Nazi's = Religious Extremists.. not a religion... Al Qaeda = Religious Extremists.. not a religion. Neither is a sole representation of their respective religious association

So no Nazi monument and no Al Qaeda monument, but yes we can still have churches, temples and mosques.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
reply to post by antonia

Church bells? I've heard them all of my life.
Call to prayer? I've never heard in this country and I never want to.

Well guess what? I don't want to hear church bells. So you are hypocrite and allow one religious group to make loud noises that wake people but not another?

Oh, I get it.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Ok so not all Nazis are Jew haters... But it was a Nazi aim to exterminate the Jews... It isn't a Muslim aim to exterminate the western world and the Americans.

From what I can gather, Nazis have generally dark morals and promote hate, whereas a Muslim doesn't promote hate.

We must show our sense and agree to disagree.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Then move to the middle east so you can hear it EVERYDAY and don't let the door hit you on the a**.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by MagicaRose]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Are you saying 1.57 billion folks are somehow responsible for what happened on 9/11?

No.

I am saying that the 10's of millions of Nazis in Germany were not all evil Jew haters.

But you will slander them that way without even giving it a thought.

So, how about that Memorial?

I mean think of the woman in her house, with her two children in the back yard playing one fateful day in 1943.

And then allied bombers flew over and destroyed them. Blowing the family to pieces.

How fair is it to call these people Jew Haters and Evil???

Just playing devils advocate here.
It is a fun mental exercise.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263

Ok so not all Nazis are Jew haters... But it was a Nazi aim to exterminate the Jews...

Allah! Allah, count the Jews and kill them to the last one, and don't leave even one.

From the video.

I think they look the EXACT same to me.

Just saying!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

So then it's okay for countries in the middle east and asia to not to want to have churches built in there too right?

How is it that places like Lebanon and India can have churches, mosques and temples blocks away from each other and everyone tolerates its??

Call your christian missionaries back home to the US and tell them to stop building churches around the world first, before you tell AMERICANS to move if they are tolerant to other religions.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
No.

I am saying that the 10's of millions of Nazis in Germany were not all evil Jew haters.

But you will slander them that way without even giving it a thought.

So, how about that Memorial?

I mean think of the woman in her house, with her two children in the back yard playing one fateful day in 1943.

And then allied bombers flew over and destroyed them. Blowing the family to pieces.

How fair is it to call these people Jew Haters and Evil???

Just playing devils advocate here.
It is a fun mental exercise.

It's nonsensical exercise. You aren't playing advocate for anyone. We all know what the Nazi's did. Of course Jewish people wouldn't want a monument to Nazi's around them. You are are comparing Muslims enmasse to Nazis. Not all Muslims are culpable in the attacks of 9/11 as Islam is not a political movement with a defined political hierarchy in control of a country engaging in genocide. And now you are posting videos somehow proving all Muslims hate jews?

[edit on 7-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think it is not only a bad idea, all it is going to do is cause a rift and strife in the city itself and all those who visit. I am all for freedom of religion, however, many people believe that extremist muslims elements did the attacks on 9/11 that caused so much destruction and to allow such is just adding salt to a wound that has not healed at this time frame. Sometimes for peace both sides have to forgive and give time to forget the past, to let things calm down and to relax.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
I think it is not only a bad idea, all it is going to do is cause a rift and strife in the city itself and all those who visit.

Exactly the point I am trying to make.

It's just begging to start a fight between two groups of people who otherwise lived peacefully together in NYC up till now.

But this rift is widening, and it will only get worse.

The fact the Islam people are pushing this so hard, is really strange to me. It's like they want a confrontation.

I am not religious. And I do not think Islam was behind 9-11, I think it was someone else (but that is another thread lol).

I am simply pointing out that Most people think Islam did 9-11. Fact.
And that pushing this mosque so hard, is only gonna pour salt on that wound and tick a ton of people off big time.

So why even put it there? Like someone else said, had they built the mosque in the Bronx or Queens, no one would have noticed....

This whole issue is about starting a fight between two peoples. And it is inevitable that the confrontation is coming.

You can go pretending that it won't happen, or you can blame one side or the other; but fact remains, it's going to get real ugly from here on in.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
I honestly have taken your thread to imply that you are an ignorant, middle-aged white male with limited intercultural exposure.

The points you make after this statement pales because you are a RACIST.

Personally, i don't believe there should be exception for any religions at all. If people choose to believe in fairy tales and Santa Clause that is their business and they should not receive tax exemption or special privlidge for it.

Your assumption that this poster is a white person is exactly the kind of racism that I thought we as people were trying to avoid. Or, does the racism only apply to non whites?

..Ex

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Islam is not a political movement with a defined political hierarchy in control of a country

So what was the Taliban?

Was the Taliban not religious and political all wrapped up into one?

That is another one of my points.

The Nazis were religion + politics all wrapped up into one.

Same goes with just about every group in the history of mankind.

If you cannot see these similarities, you are clouding your view with personal prejudices and stereotypes.

The video of the Jew Hating Islamic guy was to make a point, they share a hatred for Jews with the Nazis.

Does Iran not argue vs Israel every day? They do. And Israel does it back towards them, every day.

It's a religious/political war. Both politics and religion are intertwined throughout human history as they are today.

Consider the political power of the Catholic Church during the last 1000years.

Politics and Religion are pretty much the same when it comes to these things.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

This whole issue is about starting a fight between two peoples. And it is inevitable that the confrontation is coming.

if you want to fight over this it is because you are ignorant. Bottom line. This is a 15 story complex and the builders of that property can lease to whomever they so desire. If they want the church of freaking satanism in there so be it. This is America where we have this thing called the 1st amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So, if people dare to go down there and fight-throw them in jail. They are little more than criminals and that's where they belong.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
I feel you are wrong.
ALL Nazis were against the Jews in a horrible way.

This is a sweeping generalization and by its very nature, not accurate. It was testified at the Nuremberg trials that many of the Nazi's were simply following orders. (Much like the police and swat teams of today..but I digress)

I have to consider that not all Nazi's were against the Jews, but were unable to act against their superiors for fear of repercussions. Now having said that I in no way support what the Nazi's did, or tried to do. I am just stating the above for the sake of accuracy.

Building a Mosque close to the ground zero, regardless of Muslim participation in 911, is begging for trouble. Any logical person should see that this idea is poorly conceived at best. The "Terrorists" were allegedly Muslim. most "Terrorists" are Koran ranting idiots, so in the average persons eyes Muslims are "Terrorists". Oversimplification?..yes, but nonetheless is currently an accurate assessment.

..Ex

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Originally posted by worldwatcher
reply to post by conspiracydude

right....why build another mosque to promote religious tolerance and provide a place for Americans who practice a faith different from yours to worship, when we could just have another Starbucks, Burger King or Walmart there instead..

I believe building that mosque near ground zero is like rubbing
salt into a wound.Plus,the muslims might like to be near a place
where they had victory for awhile.Remember, that the muslims
in the middle east, were celebrating as our citizens were dying!

911 made people happy, is that not what life is about making people happy.

Look at these happy people before they remove the video, most have been removed:

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
reply to post by MagicaRose

So then it's okay for countries in the middle east and asia to not to want to have churches built in there too right?

How is it that places like Lebanon and India can have churches, mosques and temples blocks away from each other and everyone tolerates its??

Call your christian missionaries back home to the US and tell them to stop building churches around the world first, before you tell AMERICANS to move if they are tolerant to other religions.

Right India and Lebanon are enlightened examples of Christians and Muslims living peaceful together?
shall i name some examples or do you already know what i am talking about?
If local residents oppose the construction of a building that is not in their eyes suitable in the local landscape/skyline then that's that, and they should be listened to.Especially 9/11 victims who still hold so many unanswered questions about that day.
And building such a thing in downtown Manhattan, much of cost a lot, where does that money come from?Some shaddy Saudi organization with too much money, and who are they, what else do they fund? i guess these things need to be disclosed as well.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Last night my husband raised a good question. He ask me where is the money coming from for this? He said probably our tax money.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
reply to post by antonia

Then move to the middle east so you can hear it EVERYDAY and don't let the door hit you on the a**.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by MagicaRose]

Cute little edit, I'm not a Muslim. I'm just pointing out your blatant hypocrisy. You are ok with one group making noise but it's not ok for the other.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Do you guys ever read the article linked??? Read who came up with the idea, how they plan to use the facility and how they will fund it before spewing your irrational fears?

I agree to disagree with all of you who fear Muslims, Islam and Americans who don't look, sound or do what you do. Learn to be tolerant, your god would want it that way too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join