It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Well they sure as hell never convinced me. For one thing Hans Blix said repeatedly that nothing points to existence of WMDs. I remember watching Powell addressing UN on Iraqi WMDs. He showed some slick renders of mobile Iraqi WMD factories. I remember thinking.. so if they're like that then how come you're showing renders instead of real pictures.

It's kinda like this stuff:

Original:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f21030c42cb.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87bb2f864007.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/feedd429fef1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b91d0ed26d02.jpg[/atsimg]

..etc

Somebody should have really done the same for all of Powell's Iraq renders.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Appreciate it. Lightened my mood. Sadly, the beer video may not be relevant to many of the Christians and Muslims engaged in this debate.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Good pictures.

Hans Blix was one of the few people in the whole mess that actually told the truth. Im proud of him, because that could not have been easy while being surrounded by people who felt he was not a team player.

All of the American politicans and military leaders were "team players".

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

At the time of 9-11,I was too busy watching E.R.reruns
on T.V. to notice or even care.The towers collapsing,did
interrupt my T.V. watching for awhile.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

this whole issue of a mosque near ground zero sounds like an attempt at peace keeping, to me. smooth over race relations and so forth.

( beer is just plain silly anyway.

when i first saw the tunak tunak tun video, i thought he was a muslim fellow. but nope, he's a sikh. en.wikipedia.org... )

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Nice pics! Made my day

No wonder the intelligence have failed to track him down until now.

I don't blame osama, who would want to come out of a cave like that?

I can't see any swimming pools though, or have they got some sorta hot bath or spa arrangement?

[edit on 8-5-2010 by merkava]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I always wonder how people can think we can get a blueprint of their caves that detailed, yet have never seen them, or captured Bin Laden. Those caves don't look like a hideout for the night, they look like a home base for terrorists. If those bases are what they say, why the hell don't they find them and destroy them, along with the terrorists living inside. That is seriously one of the funniest things about this whole war on terror, the deatails that go with the blueprint are just priceless.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Good Intentions]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I don't believe for one minute that the mosque will be
viewed as a symbol of peace.I think it will be meant to
show control and contempt for our country and her people.
Rubbing their noses in our faces.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I say we simply let them build the mosque and then hijack one of their camels and fly the camel into it!

They really shouldn't be shocked if they sit and think about it...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
I see no problem with any of this.
And the Muslims won't complain when the Jews rebuild Solomons temple, right?

That's not even close to an accurate comparison.

Legally raising funds to buy some real estate from somebody who wants to sell it is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from illegally seizing and bulldozing an ancient religious site, to then usurp the land and build your own structure.

Little different, dontcha think? Oh wait.. Jews are perfect and no morals or laws apply to them, I forgot.

Refresh my memory... how is it that muslims came into possession of that particular hilltop again? Yeah, you know, the one called al Haram, in al Quds. Yeah, that one. Jews call it the Temple Mount, or something like that.

How is is muslims came by that again? I'm SURE it wasn't by illegally seizing and occupying an ancient religious site in a conquest by a spankin' new religion, seeing as how you're all against that sort of thing, evidenced by your post above.

I'm not gonna get into the 'who's perfect' peeing contest. Pot, kettle, that sort of thing. Funny thing is, I'm neither jewish nor muslim, and have no vested interest in that particular debate. That's why I can stand outside and see it a bit more objectively.

All in all, I'd say that was an EXCELLENT comparison! I really can't see ANY difference!

Edit to add - I forgot to mention the structural aspects... You said "...to then usurp the land and build your own structure...". Can we say al Aqsa? Can we say Dome of the Rock? Sure, I knew we could!

[edit on 2010/5/8 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I'll have to agree with you on one point, many people of all different races, religions, professions, hold themselves to be higher than others. I think it is an ego issue, as the people who feel the need to put them selves higher than others, obviously are lacking in some areas. However, we just have to shrug those people off, there's nothing else we can really do about that. As long as you know nobody is better than anybody, you shouldn't let someone who wants to fulfull their ego get to you.

With that said, I don't think any particular group does it more than others. Every group has their batch of bad folks, good folks, and moderate folks. I think that we just all have certain experiences that make us feel like their are more in a certain group.

For example, I am always approached by many of those door-to-door religious in your face advertisers that are Christian, Catholic, or Jewish, who are very offensive in the way they portray their beliefs as being better, therefore you should convert. They have even gone as far as following me down the street, and basically nagging me on the fact that I won't pick their "great" religion, after I have already said no. But I know this does not represent all Christians, Catholics, or Jews.

I see way more of this in my area, than Muslim's who do the same. Come to think of it I have never personally witnessed a Muslim doing this in my life. However, I know that there are just as many out their in each religion, regardless of what I myself have experienced.

It is not the relgion itself that is the cause, yet it is the individual who chooses what to do with that religion. Unfortunately, many people from all walks of life, make themselves or beliefs to be better than others. While it may have good intentions, I think some may not realize just how offensive they can be.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Good Intentions]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by gdeed

A very true statement!Once you convert to islam
you can never leave it.People who have left islam
risk being murdered(honor killing).
Christianity doesn't sound so bad now,does it?
You can leave christianity and not have to spend
the rest of your life looking over your shoulder!

Really? Or is that in extreme cases, in extreme countries? Because I was born into the Muslim faith by parents, and choose to take from every religion. At one point I was an atheist. I'm still alive.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Intentions

For example, I am always approached by many of those door-to-door religious in your face advertisers that are Christian, Catholic, or Jewish, who are very offensive in the way they portray their beliefs as being better, therefore you should convert. They have even gone as far as following me down the street, and basically nagging me on the fact that I won't pick their "great" religion, after I have already said no. But I know this does not represent all Christians, Catholics, or Jews.

I see way more of this in my area, than Muslim's who do the same. Come to think of it I have never personally witnessed a Muslim doing this in my life.

Not that I have a dog in this religious fight , but I, personally, am less wary of those who would convert me to their faith than those who might seek to rule me with it.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

So you have a couple dozen people of a religion. But their actions have as much to do with their religion as David Koresh has to do with Christianity. It only acts as a lightening rod. But the rod itself isn't a religion.

We don't condemn Christianity in this country over Nazi Germany or the KKK. You have wacky groups. Period.

They could of been any religion. And you don't shred the Constitution and force innocent people to have to relocate because of association.

where do you draw the line? 2 blocks? 5 blocks? 5 miles, all of New York?

It is an easy step to concentration camps.

Just because a tradgedy happened at Ground Zero,doesn't make it a holy ground or exempt from Constitutional status.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

What an idiotic, racist, and ignorant statement.

There are plenty of Islamic countries that are very civilized. And only certain portions of certain countries have camels.
Pick up a geography just once.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

I'm not wary of those that wish to convert my faith, just annoyed, I was talking about how muzzleflesh said many people of all walks feel they are higher than others.

I do not have a specific faith, I believe in all religions serving the same person, and feel no need to choose a specific one. I do feel offended however, when somebody preaches to me that I am doing wrong in not choosing thier specific one.

And nobody is trying to rule you with their faith, that is just a misunderstanding you have that a few extremist represent the rest of the population.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by YourPopRock

What an idiotic, racist, and ignorant statement.

There are plenty of Islamic countries that are very civilized. And only certain portions of certain countries have camels.
Pick up a geography just once.

Actually it isn't, calling christians nazis was. The nazis also acted against the christians, but that doesn't seem to fit into your view. The kkk hates catholics who are christians.

When green eyed, red haired and freckled people start attacking America, I will probably advocate going after the Irish. Till then, I say go after the people who do the things!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This is not the right thing to be doing not neer ground zero it will cause alot of trouble im reckoning i know every religion has the right to worship there beliefs but after 9/11 building a mosque so close to the site is not the greatest of ideas.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by johno1410

Would you say the same of a church, if the terrorists were Christians? Or, is it okay in that case, since more people are familiar with the religion?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

All due respect Slayer, but are you flaming me because I made a valid point on how Glenn Beck along with many "news" commentators are dividing this country with fear, hate and propaganda?
but but but I like you and your posts lol

[edit on 8-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join