It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Three words: Divide And Conquer!

Obviously those behind the decision to build this Mosque have two audiences in mind:

1) People that refuse to think and continually deny that 9/11 was not done for the reasons presented in the OS. "Blame Muslims, it's all their fault!"
2) People that refuse to think and continually deny that it was a small faction of the US government combined with other intelligence agencies that pulled off 9/11. "Inside job! US Government did it!"

Keep falling for it. They want you to fight and divide yourselves. They want you to feel hatred for Muslims and the US Government. They want you to distrust all the Muslims you come across and distrust anybody associated with the government and/or authority.

How can we ever defeat the real enemy when we are so eager to fight amongst ourselves?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Oh that caused me to think of another example to make my point clear.

Westboro Baptist Church. They go to places they are not welcome (military funerals) and say things that are ugly, hateful, and reprehensible to almost everyone.

But is it right for them to do so? Is it respectful? Is it wise? Is it civil?

I don't think so.

Just as I would demand WBC leave funerals alone, I would ask that a mosque not be placed within such proximity to "Ground Zero".

They are the same issue. Respect of other people.

Which both incidents, WBC at a funeral saying hate-speech, and a mosque near GZ preaching islam (the widely accepted culprit of 911 in the majority of populations minds), are basically the same issue at their heart.

If you are going to defend this mosque on the grounds of Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion, lets see you defend WBC on these same grounds. Let's be fair now! Thanks.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

Why would anyone defend WBC on the same ground? They are different scenarios. Let me elaborate for you.

They go into places they are not welcome. All relegions are welcome anywhere in the US, including near ground zero.

They "say things that are ugly, hateful, and reprehensible to almost everyone." The Muslims that attend the mosque, would go there with intentions of being inside THEIR mosque, pursuing religion.

They intend to disrupt the military funerals. The people of the Mosque are not disrupting any funerals, or running around saying hateful things to others.

Now, I understand the point that some may correlate the attacks with the Mosque, but the members of the Mosque did not cause the attacks. Non-Muslims who were effected may let the correlation effect them emotionally, but think about the Muslims who were effected. They are now also effected by non-muslims who cannot look past the correlation, and therefore cannot pursue their religion as freely.

A muslim who was effected on 9/11, and lived in that area, may see that mosque as being a place of prayer, because in that exact area, they were effected by something so tragic.

There are churches of equal distance near ground zero, and as someone else said, if Catholics or Christians were hypothetically the terrorists, would that make it unnacceptable to be there, because non-Catholics or Christians may be too emotional to look past the correlation?

I'm sure many who were effected that live in that area and are Catholic, attend those Churches and feel a more spiritual connection to the place, since it is so close to where the tragedy occured. The same can be said for Muslim victims.

Muslim extremists who represent a small population of the Muslim world, are the terrorists. The whole population of Islam, are not the terrorists.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Good Intentions]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProUSA

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Originally posted by ProUSA

Fair enough, you don't approve of my diction, I can live with that.

But if you hate Muslims, you are racist to Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Western Sahara, and Yemen.

So, use whatever words you want. We all know what it means in the end.

Well, you can't be racist towards a country. Being racist means you hate a race. I can agree with the sentiment that the R word is thrown around far too often when you can just call them bigots.

Those countries all are roughly the same race, so I think that it's applicable to be racist against those countries. I see your point; it's hard to be racist against states like the USA because there is so many different races mixed in the same country. However, in places like I listed previously, where the countries contain the same race (mostly), I believe it's acceptable to use the term racists when it comes to them.

Still having trouble grasping the concept of race, I see. You don't get out much, it appears. Just for fun, next chance you get, how about mentioning to a Saudi Arab how much he looks and acts like an Iranian Persian? If you'd prefer to keep it all in the same country, Try equating a Pashtun with an Uzbek next time your sitting around the old camp fire with one.

Get back to me on how that works out for you, y'hear?

Again, I state: "Islam is a RELIGION, not a RACE". Try to follow along, eh?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by nenothtu

1) A religion is NOT a race. It is a system of worship.

2) A country is NOT a race. It is a political unit.

Maybe you mean to imply that Islam is a politicized system of worship which excludes all but one race?

Dude!

This is a WESTERN point of view. Now you you know that many here will either ignore it or say it's all part of the NWO!. Either way it's an uphill battle!

I support this shift!

I'm noticing that... it appears to me that some folks just don't get out and thrash around the world quite enough.

Probably a good thing, that. It might damage their psyches when they were forced to change their world views.

Assuming they survived the encounters with those 'Persian Saudis' and Uzbek Pashtuns".

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Welcome to America.. Where freedom is only valued when it doesn't "offend the community".

Too bad this isn't a democracy, it's a constitutional republic.

I agree that Constitutional Freedoms are paramount in importance to the development of our society in a positive direction.

That is why I am playing devils advocate here, because I would like people to realize that IF they are going to defend a inflammatory incident like placing a mosque next to GZ, than I request to see this same defense of various other points of view.

I would like to see them defend a Nazi memorial next to a Jewish synagogue.

Or I would also like to see them defend WBC and their antics at military funerals.

When I start seeing the big detractors of this thread support these other incidents of Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion; than my job is complete.

I just don't think it's fair that such double standards are so common.

Why would you like some to defend those scenarios, when they are not the topic? They are different scenarios, and as much as id like to elaborate on how they are completely differnt, that is not the purpose of this thread. In my opinion, a Nazi memorial next to a synagogue is wrong, and so is the WBC and their antics. Why it is different, I won't explain since you are so firm in your beliefs that they are the same case.

Also, I understand you playing devil's advocate, but you seem to be playing it ignorantly since you are making everything so general. And you may think it's "fun" to get into debates with peoples, but I feel that you intentionally caused some misunderstandings. Therefore I feel like alot of thought in this thread was wasted in arguing your points (which most were ignorant in my opinion) that you brought up just to have fun. I thought they were just misunderstandings, but it now seems like alot of your post were intentionally ignorant.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Well I'm starting to think MAYBE the rest of the world should stop playing traffic cop.[The US esp] and let the SUNNI and SHias not to mention the [Hindus= India and Muslim=Pakistan]

HAVE AT IT

I say let em go.

I hear India and Pakistan are nuclear armed!

[edit on 8-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonoflibra
If the people of New York didn't want it then they would say something.

Isn't that what they're doing?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Originally posted by David_Reale
I think they're just trying to piss people off...cause friction between Muslims and others. Because, you know...united we stand, but divided...

Bes not to let it get to you. Remember, it wasn't Muslims that crashed the airplanes into the buildings. It was a bunch of cowardly faithless dogs who betrayed their religion and the world for the sake of their hatred. They might have done it in the name of their religion but we all know better than that.

I know it's not on the topic of Muslims..but you know who America's biggest divider is?

Glenn Beck

This douchebag along with many other sensationalist entertainers.

I agree 10000%. When I first saw his show, clicking through channels, I actually thought he was putting on some show or play.. or acting like someone he saw or talked too--making fun of them. Nope. That's how this crackpot rolls.

Yeah, this 'glenn beck' is doing harm to both sides. He is playing the typical 'everything the dems does is evil, everything the repub's do it perfect'..

The good thing is that America has seen the light, and is fed up with BOTH 'parties'. Because all both parties cares about is themselves. NOT us. They failed us. It's time for them to become history. A NEW party will eventually replace them.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by nenothtu

Well I'm starting to think MAYBE the rest of the world should stop playing traffic cop.[The US esp] and let the SUNNI and SHias not to mention the [Hindus= India and Muslim=Pakistan]

HAVE AT IT

I say let em go.

I hear India and Pakistan are nuclear armed!

[edit on 8-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

I'm all for it. Bring the troops home, guard the borders, watch the fun overseas on satellite instead of from the front lines. Might be a few friendly folks left when the smoke clears and the dust settles.

Just remember, anyone who plans to watch from a lawn chair on the east coast should put on PLENTY of sunblock and a good pair of dark sunglasses before sitting down facing eastward.

I wouldn't recommend watching from anywhere near this proposed mosque, however. A shia... or a sunni... or a sikh... or a hindu... or someone else altogether might use the distraction to create an unhealthy environment in the vicinity of it.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by makinho21

I am glad to see that islam scares you,it scares me too.
I see dark days ahead for our planet and way of life.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by makinho21

I am glad to see that islam scares you,it scares me too.
I see dark days ahead for our planet and way of life.

Why does Islam scare you?

It's a beautiful religion of love and peace that has always advanced humanity.

I mean The Prophet of Islam is known as the most influential man this planet has ever seen? Even his companions are rated above Jesus.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Well,as a member of a baptist church(not westboro baptist)
I love going to church every week.Tax dollars did not pay
for the building or the land it is on.Members' tithes and offerings
pays for everything.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
My personal opinion on this, this isn't a time to build a mosque near the ground zero.

It's been 9 years. Get over it.

Are you going to allow government created domestic terrorism (that fails) every other year influence how you live your life?

How did you "get over" 9-11?
I have 2 grandsons' who fought in Iraq because of 9-11.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

A very true statement!Once you convert to islam
you can never leave it.People who have left islam
risk being murdered(honor killing).
Christianity doesn't sound so bad now,does it?
You can leave christianity and not have to spend
the rest of your life looking over your shoulder!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

The christian church I go to doesn't preach any of these things.
My pastor preaches against sin,I have never heard him encourage
our members to kill people.I don't know what christian church
you are babbling about, but,it is not ALL of them!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
I have 2 grandsons' who fought in Iraq because of 9-11.

What does 9/11 have to do with war in Iraq?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

The scriptures that you are quoting are from the law.
We are living in the age of grace,not by the law.People,
who commit these"crimes", are quilty of sinning.All sins
can be forgiven because they were nailed to the cross.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
removed because I realised it was a waste of time and I don't want to get drawn into another endlessly looping discussion.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by waynos]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by merkava

You are in for a rude surprise.The false prophet of islam
will one day bow down before Jesus/Yeshua.Jesus/Yeshua
was not a prophet,He was God in flesh.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Because our government told us that Iraq had weapons
of mass destruction.Troops were sent to iraq and they bombed
bagdad.I wasn't aware that there are still people who don't know
we are in a "war". 9-11 was the catalyst for invoking the war
on terrorism which led to the invasion of iraq.
Which was the reason my grandsons' were deployed overseas!

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join