It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by End Of Babylon

Originally posted by gdeed

and some people say Osama bin ladden is dead.
Divided and conquer those silly americans, that's is real good there dude.
as if you care one bit about the american indians or anyone else.

I care enough about Natives to stand up for them while people like you laugh like it's a joke.

The minorities like keeping themselves oppressed these days.

Sorry, bub, you're not standing up for ME. Matter of fact, I'm finding your slurs and insinuations against indians pretty offensive.

Not to mention your complete lack of comprehension of us.

I'm of Shawnee blood, and I'll tell you pretty quick that Europeans didn't 'steal' the whole continent from the Cherokee as you claimed above. Cherokees didn't have claim on the whole thing. No offense, Muzzleflash. I buried the tomahawk a long time ago.

Matter of fact, they didn't 'steal' it at all. It's still ours, always will be. Not that I expect someone of your caliber to comprehend that statement. Ask an NDN vet why he 'fought for his oppressors'. Bet ya get enlightened, maybe even a glimmer of understanding. I don't expect, given the ideology you've expressed, that you'll ever be capable of a full comprehension.

All I see here is folks like you begging for another wave of 'invaders'. I dunno if you feel like you need to 'pay for your sins', becoming the 'oppressed minority' yourself, or what. Seriously, man. No need to hate yourself that much. You didn't fight in the 'Indian Wars' did you? We forgive, we move on. We hope that you can some day, too.

Yeah, I read the article. I saw who is stated to be behind this. You should research them. I'm not going to do it for you. I have no dog in this fight. New York ain't my turf. I read BOTH lines of reasoning, the stated and the unstated, in the light of Islamic doctrine. NO, I'm not entirely unaware of the teachings of Islam, Qur'an, Hadith, and all. It certainly appears to me that you ARE.

When the minaret shadow touches Ground Zero, you will have been owned. You will have invited your masters in without so much as a whimper. To the contrary, you will have actually INVITED servitude. Enjoy. At least we chucked a few arrows downrange.

Pick out a nice rez for yourself. Not mine, though. There will likely be trouble there when they get around to coming to collect the jizyah.

Not a place for peaceful servants or lapdogs.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I beat dead ponies, not horses.

When I was a child, I held hands with many kids from different backrounds and sang," This land is your land, this land is my land," ect. No wonder people get depressed when you get older and realize that life is a big lie. Why is it that I'm constantly reminded that I live in the land of the free when most people around me wish to push their views on others? How can one say that there is freedom of religion when they secretly mean," but only if it's a religion approved by me and people like me."

I feel like everything I've ever been taught was a complete lie. Sad.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

The fear mongers will have you believe this struggle has been raging all that time. No it hasn't. From about c.1350 until c.2001 a great religious conflict between these ideologies hasn't featured in our history at all. If you look at the material that predates 911 there is NOTHING. There has been much bloodshed, but this was all in the interest of western empire building, not religion. And it was US attacking THEM for their land and riches.

You seem to have missed the whole buildup to what we have now, running all through the 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries. 'Turks'? 'Barbary Pirates'? Islamic Brotherhood? Ring any bells? That's just a few examples. There are more, should you need your memory jogged a bit.

The conflict didn't end with the Saracen Wars, as you claim.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProject

You realize most of the stuff you said about the other poster not knowing truths and such can be turned around and said right back to you with as much credibility, right? When there is strong evidence againts, and much if not more evidance for, it makes something unfounded, right?

I don't personally believe that 9/11 was an inside job but I'm not convinced it wasn't either. You stating undounded claims in lieu of fact makes it clear that YOU are spreading lies and blah blah blah ( the stuff you said of other poster) You and people like you are the very reason that we'll know know for sure what happened so thanks for being part of the problem.
And, P.S. you're intolerance for other people's religions make you very un-American and...you know what? nevermind.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by David_Reale
I think they're just trying to piss people off...cause friction between Muslims and others. Because, you know...united we stand, but divided...

Bes not to let it get to you. Remember, it wasn't muslims that crashed the airplanes into the buildings. It was a bunch of cowardly faithless dogs who betrayed their religion and the world for the sake of their hatred. They might have done it in the name of their religion but we all know better than that.

I know it's not on the topic of Muslims..but you know who America's biggest divider is?

This douchebag along with many other sensationalist entertainers.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Your statement is most likely echoed on this thread, but since yours was the first to make this ignorant observance I will address you.

Do you really think you have nothing to fear when it comes to radical muslim beliefs? Do you think they embrace you as an American and wish you success and health? No. They want you dead. They want you gone from the face of the earth. It is their job, their life's work, to ruin your life, your country, your religion, if you have one. Regardless of what you believe about 9/11 and who perpetrated the acts of that particular day, Muslim radicals hate you. They want you dead.

This thread was undoubtedly created for the opionions of those who ARE concerned about it, or blow it off altogether, not for 9/11 bashers to come and try to derail the topic with ignorant and unfounded claims.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
this is sort of sick to be honest...like kicking the families of those lost in 9/11 in the face.
no need to pretend that building a MOSQUE here is ok. It's within the law, yes, but that doesn't make it right.

I'm all for freedom of *and from* religion, but this is asking for repercussions.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

The general public are either purposely naive or just plain ignorant to the fact that muslims are the fasting growing population in many European countries (France is the worst, England is getting there), and this is simply a way of taking over without open war.
China is having problems in the South-west

Islam scares me.

The next major war is going to be Islam against the rest of the world

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Well America you want to impose your liberties and way of life on the rest of the world, well what does it matter that they set up a mosque. Unless there name is Osama what does it matter. Freedom of speech freedom of religion (By no way do i ever condem what freedom fighters did in your country that was murder but like i see so much on the news and sites like this you want to defend your rites then at the same time you crack the *Snip* over this) where is the difference

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/8/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
I know it's not on the topic of Muslims..but you know who America's biggest divider is?

Oh!! I know !!! Let me answer I know!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60aade9215fb.gif[/atsimg]

People like you.
The ones who look down on others who dare to express their opinions freely???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34abccc6b607.jpg[/atsimg]

I applaud your ignorance Sir,
BRAVO BRAVO!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a125f5b2849e.gif[/atsimg]

ATS seriously needs an enema.

PEACE

Slay

[edit on 8-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by plasterace

I'd rather live in a western-democratic country than any middle eastern country, with the exception of Israel. Wouldn't you? Besides, I can't follow my own cultural ways in the middle east. I mean come on, they make western women visiting the country wear face scarves, etc... You think I can go down to Saudi Arabia and set up a Catholic church next to a major Mosque? Of course not, so stop the hypocritical comments.

I'm sure the people that are behind setting up the Mosque know fully of the situation at hand. I am sure they know the significance of Ground Zero to Americans. For them to purposely do this is very ignorant on their part. If they truly want to coexist with American culture, they would have the decency and respect to not build a Mosque next door to ground zero.

I know this is the country of freedom of religion, but come on, we all know people in NYC will be completely pissed off and create even more bitterness toward Islam. Again, like I said before, if they want to coexist and ease tensions with Islam, they would not do this - they know what they are doing and they obviously don't care if it does cause problems.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by makinho21

I read a statement from a muslim ATS member the other night, he was boasting of being unlike the radicals, yet turned around and said that their mission is to rid the world of those who do not submit to islam.

If your leaders do not desist, then we have to fight you until you are no longer a problem, which may be until you become Muslims or you are dead. Then we can focus on fixing the misguided amongst us.

This is the problem.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Also I forgot to add that when it is finally up, they will most likely blast their symphonic-religious music during prayer and such. Imagine the atmosphere once they do that...

I saw a video of a guy driving around a city in England that has been pretty much taken over by Muslim immigrants and "refugees". It looked like a city in a middle eastern country, mosque blasting music, people walking around in traditional clothing etc... Makes me think of that.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProUSA
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The Crusades were done to restore CHRISTIAN rule to the Holy Land. Stay hot.

Precisely. The word 'restore' would imply WHO attacked first?

Critical thinking can be your friend.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

You know what ???

That's actually a great point! Imagine a world without Israel AND Iran. I can see a wonderful opportunity of business as well as a cultural exchange. The most ancient dealing freely in words and thoughts and any numbers of other possible GROWTH possibilities without Ancient BS!

Just a thought

PEACE

Slay
Edit to clarify!

[edit on 8-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wondering302

whats a slap in the face is the ongoing wars in Afghanistan and Iraq that had nothing to do with 911.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
1 Question why cant we just have a war and solve the worlds financial and religous problems. Its bound to happen so why cant it just be over with so the rest of the world can just get on with it's self

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Not to sure what you mean by that, unless you mean the world would do better without Israel and Iran bickering at one another? I can see your point on that, but I don't think it will solve the animosity between western cultures and Islam.

I don't have a problem with mosques being built in the U.S., but this specific one is only going to cause more strife with the already bad relationship, and I really don't want that to happen.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProUSA
reply to post by v3_exceed

Fair enough, you don't approve of my diction, I can live with that.

But if you hate Muslims, you are racist to Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Western Sahara, and Yemen.

So, use whatever words you want. We all know what it means in the end.

You appear to be having difficulty with the concept of 'race'. Let me help a bit, by listing a couple of things that are NOT races:

1) A religion is NOT a race. It is a system of worship.

2) A country is NOT a race. It is a political unit.

Maybe you mean to imply that Islam is a politicized system of worship which excludes all but one race?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

1) A religion is NOT a race. It is a system of worship.

2) A country is NOT a race. It is a political unit.

Maybe you mean to imply that Islam is a politicized system of worship which excludes all but one race?

Dude!

This is a WESTERN point of view. Now you you know that many here will either ignore it or say it's all part of the NWO!. Either way it's an uphill battle!

I support this shift!

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join