It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

OK, so the mosque that's been there since 1970 will move ... what, 50 yards closer to the site....

The outrage on this seems pretty hard to justify - to me, anyways. Especially since the people attending the mosque would presumably have also been living in the area during the attacks, and thus been significantly more affected by them (physically and emotionally) than I have been, and presumably most of the other non-NYC residents posting on here...

[edit on 7-5-2010 by vox2442]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Is it just me that ATS seems to become more ignorant and subtly intolerant each and every day? To all of those with common sense and love within their hearts who posted in this thread, I thank you. You give me hope that people are worth saving. You give me hope that I should reach high in the power structure to gain the ability to change the world. Older people like yourselves who show tolerance and common decency give my generation the will to move forward and change the world for the better. The more of you there are, the more likely that my generation will find that there is something about humanity to protect and cradle.

The mosque is not a slap in the face, I understand the frustration of some of you individuals posting but calm down. I know the spending of millions of dollars on a PR campaign that is "fair and balanced" has warped your perspective to view the Islamic faith as disgusting and vile. It's no more vile than its other two Abrahamic brothers. They a building a mosque on ground zero, they are building it close to. Yes, it is ironic in a sense but don't dare talk about this becoming an islamic nation. Nothing of the like is occurring. Stop being a bunch of fear mongering tinfoil hats with no sense of purpose or quality of life.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by RizeorDie
reply to post by Wondering302

but that doesnt matter because 911 was done by the government and not muslims. so muslims had nothing to do with the attacks, its ok, let them build a mosque.

Ahhh but don't let the government build any buildings anymore... Yeah!!

God you got so many stars for that, whats it like?

lol, don't forget, the 9/11 "truth" is the most popular conspiracy theory on here. He's going to get a lot of support for saying what the "truthers" want to hear.

True that! Muddys the waters I guess!

Have to give credit where credits due - this is ATS aftertall

hehe

(fingers are annoying with a saturday after a friday)

[edit on 7/5/2010 by badw0lf]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You need an American Defence League...

Luckily, in the USA your allowed guns to defend yourselves!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Where are the equivalent videos of muslim protesting against the Islamo-terrorists? You can't just say "Google is your friend", because they don't exist.

Indeed, and if something I felt was so important to me, something I lived by, something I hold as my truth, was put into a bad light by anyone who claimed to be of the same belief as me - I'd distance myself and show them up for who and what they are, as opposed to sitting on my hands and screaming at people about how ignorant and intolerant they are.

Someone attacks something I believe in while saying they believe in it also, I'll say GTFO. Simple.

Terrorist attack?

*crickets chirping*

well then, ANTI UP. It's not like the majority of people within the communities where this occurs are unaware of it. If I knew my brother was dead set against something to the point of killing himself and anyone around him, I'd do my best to stop him. Not give thanks to god.

[edit on 7/5/2010 by badw0lf]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

This is the kind of thinking I want to see more.

I want to see people protect Freedom from BOTH SIDES.

The ugly and the uglier.

Are you saying, then, that you want to see a Nazi shrine erected next to a Jewish synagogue? That you defend WBC?

Or do you just want to see someone else do it?

Arguing on the grounds of freedom of speech or religion are way too basic. I mean, that argument states the obvious. It's a given. So much so that we move beyond that and explore the issues in more depth.

It's like arguing over whether to obey a questionable law. Some say we must follow it "Because it's the law!" Uh...yeah.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
I honestly have taken your thread to imply that you are an ignorant, middle-aged white male with limited intercultural exposure. Mosque does not equal terrorists. Islam does not equate to hostility or evil. I would be willing to bet that anyone seriously objecting the construction of a Mosque near ground zero knows almost nothing about Islam, Muslims or the world as a whole.

I was raised, baptized and confirmed as a Christian, but I've got love for all followers of the book. I honestly wouldn't even consider myself a true Christian these days, as my religious beliefs don't necessarily allign with any mainstream religion these days.

If you ever go to an Arab nation, I bet you would be suprised by the respect and love present for all religions. You probably believe they are all murdering, fundamentalist, right-wing nut jobs, but the reality is that the U.S. is home to more fringe lunatic religious whackos then all of the Middle-East combined.

The question you leave us with "...fine, but why so close to ground zero?"
is completely artarded. Do you know how many Christians have gone off the deep end and killed people? Evangelist jerk-offs in W.VA. trying to poison water supplies to bring the second coming quicker.....just one example. Why don't we raise the same question when new Churches are being built? Oh yeah....ignorance, that's why.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Shark VA84]

Okay this whole post makes me laugh. Islam giving respect to other religions in their country? LOL

But all religion is a joke. But I think it personally is a kick-in-the-face to the families of 9/11. They don't like it when people make fun of Mohammed, but this they could care less about the 9/11 families?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

No offense, but I think your missed the point. What's the motivation behind moving the Mosque close to a site where over 2000 people were slaughtered by Islamic extremists?

I don't really have a problem with it being near by, I just think they'd know not to move such a holy temple by ground zero..

*Shrug* like I said before, it's 2010, time has passed it should be about equality, not diversity. Let them build it and let the Mosque have it's stay.

And no, we don't think Muslims are vile human beings. There are many fundamentalists who want American destroyed(thanks to our support for Israel), but that's not what Islam is about, obviously. There are extremist Christians but you know what, they don't fly planes into buildings or blow themselves up in markets.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

hell no i've seen the food its not that great

i dont care where they build stuff, but i'll tell you this, not everyone is as cool about it.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ForAiur

I didn't have to look far to find an example. How about the OP article? Lol.

Lol. That wasn't at all what I asked him for. But thanks anyway. Lol.

And we'll just wait and see how 'community-oriented' this mosque will be, if it is built. Will non-muslims be allowed to freely use the swimming pool and all other facilities?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
We all have to realise the world of 2010 is not the world we once knew.
Muslims in the west are here to stay
Jews in the west are here to stay
Hindus in the west are here to stay.
buddhists in the west are here to stay.
Live and let live.
We are powerless to stop this sharing of the west with foriegn cultures and religions, it has been decided by our own elite WHO HAVE POWER>
WE HAVE NO POWER AND NEVER HAVE.
Treat each person on a person to person level regardless of their color or beliefs or culture, you will find we are all the same.
And thats the greatest thing to learn.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by End Of Babylon
People still crying over 9/11? thats laughable, especially since your own people did the terrorist acts on yourself.

Come on 3000 people died? thats rather soft and nothing to cry over.

However 200 million Native Indians killed and enslaved by American terroists,
about 200 million Latinos killed and enslaved by American terrorists,
about 200 million so called Negros enslaved and killed all in 400 years is a big deal,

A Mosque going up is a bad reminder of what your own leaders did to you?
How do you think a Native,Latino and Negro feels when Thanksgiving day comes (celebration of the death and conquering of natives), Columbus day(celebration of a white devil who came to slaughter Natives), matter of fact just about all American holidays are a celebration of how white people slaughtered killed other people.

America has been terrorizing the world from the start, now crying over 9/11 like America is innocent? weak.

Just goes to show how stupid the peon class of Americans are under their leaders.

True, however, no native american can stand up and say I never saw a white man and my people died because of it. No african american can honestly say that they were in the chains of slavery. The examples you give are that of history and those who were immediately affected or remembered such are long gone. Those who remember 9/11 or witnessed it are still here and it is still fresh in their minds. All a mosque at ground zero is going to do is serve as a reminder of an attack on the citizens of the United States of America by, who many believe, as a group of religious fanatics who follow the belief of Islam. It serves no purpose other than to act as a reminder and one where people will hate.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

They own the land, they are not violating any zoning laws, and all twelve members who were present voted to support this decision to build a 15 story mosque with swimming pool and other amenities near the site of the former Twin Towers. My question is did the 20 blackbirds who boarded the 4 airplanes know of this before they made their decision to crash into the World Trade Center? That is an interesting bit of information to learn now, isn't it?

My reaction is so what?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Muslim people are amazingly laid back people to be fair.
I have a lot of muslim friends.

I can see why this might pull on the old heart strings, I really do get it.
But we cant tar everyone with the same brush.
If we did, and what Bush did to the world, Americans would have to pretend to be Canadian all over the world.

True

ps :
Nick Griffin would have a field day in this thread

[edit on 8/5/2010 by shauny]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

but that doesnt matter because 911 was done by the government and not muslims. so muslims had nothing to do with the attacks, its ok, let them build a mosque.

on the other hand they should arrest bush for crimes on humanity..

I'm sorry but you sir, are a fu*king idiot! and I hope you see my message and everyone else on here because you, you idiotic fu*king nut job need to know actual facts!

911, was not an inside job on the basis that it was america that did it to themselves. It was Muslims, it was Muslims that planned it, Muslims that where on the planes that day and Muslims that flew those plans into those buldings and killed other Americas in your own country! How can you be so blinded!

The only way this was an inside job, was that America knew it was going to happen. They just let it happen, to give themselves reason to invade the country. They did not, for one moment plan it themselves. They jsut allowed it to happen.

You see Muslim extremists are trying to confuse idiots like you and I say idiot because you are a fu*king idiot. Im sorry to say it but they prey on uneducated fools like yourself to spread there pathetic lies. There idea is to currupt minds before the system. If they currupt your mind, then it spreads through the people untill everyone is confused and starts to blame the government that protects them. So in effect, you are becoming a terrorist without even knowing it because you beleive there lies over your own government keeping you safe at night.

You think because you read a alittle here and there online and on this website, you know exactly what is going on but ask yourself this, do you really have the right idea about this?....

You see these extremists are currupting our systems, using legal loopholes to do as they please and achieve things like we have here.

I tell you what. You keep on misunderstanding these lies and you will be signing your own death certificate because if you allow these people to come into our lands and spread there desease of supposed 'peaceful religion', when infact its a currupting misguided route to fu*king our childs minds up. Then you will be living in a muslim enriched country in the next few years and you will look back and think, how did I let my race, my freedoms slip away so easily!

Have a good think people and I hope for your own sake, you read my post because you lot need to wake up!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProject

not all muslims my friend.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

No one is saying all Muslims are bad.

The controversy behind this story is that a Mosque is going to be near the sight of former buildings that got demolished by Muslim extremists. I can see why it's touchy but it is also 2010 and time has passed(I've said this at least 10 times in this thread lol).

Let the Mosque be built and see how New Yorkers will handle it. There will be some...ok, many who won't tolerate it. But it is a free country after all.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I think they're just trying to piss people off...cause friction between Muslims and others. Because, you know...united we stand, but divided...

Bes not to let it get to you. Remember, it wasn't muslims that crashed the airplanes into the buildings. It was a bunch of cowardly faithless dogs who betrayed their religion and the world for the sake of their hatred. They might have done it in the name of their religion but we all know better than that.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wondering302

Well well well, how about this? How do y'all feel about this. I think we're heading for a Muslim country. Now I don't mind religious freedom at all BUT this just seems to spit on the faces of the family menbers of 911 victims. If they're going to build a Mosque in NY then fine but why so close to ground zero??

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Since 9/11 was an inside job, how could I possible be upset about a mosque being built there?

*shrugs shoulders*

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Dude......This is the type of thinking which makes people think that Americans are a bunch of wacko bible thumping dip#s. I'm sorry I just said that to you but gee whiz.

Let's say that 9/11 was 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt carried out by Muslims. So what if they're building a place of worship there. Did Muslim Americans do it? Come on man. Have you read any other religious texts beside the one you were brought up on? I mean RREEEALLLY read it? Do you know what Islam is even about?

How about this...ready? Did you know....that.....the Muslims AND Christians have the same God. POW!!!! I just blew your mind, huh? All seriousness though, nearly all people who make comments like you never even took the time to realize that the religions are both Abrahamic religions. Just saying.

If you reply back to me, at answer one thing. Do you think that maybe your line of thinking may be a small underline issue of why there is much animosity among the two largest religions in the whole entire world, and perhaps nothing will get better until we educate ourselves of such things?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join