It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OverSword
reply to post by Shark VA84

Oh yeah dude, arab countries are so civilized, if a woman drinks alcohol she can be flogged, peoples hands are cut off for stealing, slaves are bought and sold, TV fortune tellers and pychics are put to death. Very loving and tolerant.

you twit.

Just asking, what's the difference here?

Did the US not drop two atomic weapons to destroy life in WW2?
Do we not torture war prisoners?
Do we not have bareback exchange where men want to give each other HIV/AIDS?
Do we not have partial birth abortion?
Do we not have a bizarre law where you can turn join the military to kill people when you're 18 but you can't consume alcohol until 21?
Did Bush not get elected twice?

You speak of slavery, but yet we exploit illegal immigrants and pay them crap for hard labor.
Also, did we not give African Americans syphilis? (google it)

Sorry, but I think our country isn't the most civilized or intelligent land on this planet. However, Middle Eastern countries are far from innocent as well...

[edit on 7-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged
reply to post by RRokkyy

You said "when the Ayatollah tells all Muslims"...

Um.. The Ayatollah only has power over Shi'a Muslims... a SMALL PERCENTAGE of the population of Muslims....

No other Muslims listen to anything the Ayatollah says. Deny ignorance.

Well somebody is telling them to kill each other in Iraq.
And to kill people all over the world.
Is it your point that they kill without being told to do so just
from listening to their local leaders?
That was the point I was trying to make.
Thank you.

There is no such thing as Religion. It is bunk. Nobody is going to heaven by following or believing any nonsense somebody tells you.
The dinosaurs ruled the earth for 140 million years. They didnt need any
religion.

And I sat at the feet of an Enlightened Spiritual Master who radiated Divine Grace. He never asked anybody to believe anything. ONly to Practice LOve.
Religion is Pure EVIL.
Ban it.
Ban the Buildings.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is one of the most popular topics on this site. How very sad. Remember, America was founded on the principles of freedom to worship whichever religion you want.

If you have a problem with that, i am sorry. Christianity is not the only religion that this country needs to follow. Christianity and Islam are the same in my view, the people are worshiping a "God" who was just a regular man, just like you and me. We all the potential to be "gods" and i think that was Jesus' true message. Love thy neighbor.

You know why? People who are born in a certain country are taught a certain way. It is not their fault that they were brought into this world and are living in a certain place. Look at all the babies that were murdered when we dropped the Atomic Bomb on Japan. Did those little babies that were just born deserve to die?

No, ofcourse not and if you think they did deserve to die you need to learn how to be more compassionate. Did the people that were killed by the Nazi's deserve to die? No. No one deserves to be persecuted because they were born in a certain culture or belief system. They are stuck in that society and it's very hard to get out.

If more people realized this the world would be a better place, i think. Yes, i know when you become an adult you should start to realize that your thoughts are wrong but guess what it is too late. Most people's beliefs are cemented in childhood and it's almost impossible to get out of that, and a huge influence are your parents. So if you are born and your parents are terrorists, is it right for you to die on birth? Of course not.

Just be more tolerant of other peoples views.

Take a deep breath. Relax. Learn to love and the world will be okay.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I see no problem with any of this.
And the Muslims won't complain when the Jews rebuild Solomons temple, right?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

An Ayatollah is different than a "local leader". You are thinking Imam.

Ayatollah is equivalent to the Pope (for the Shi'ites).

Imam = Priest

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Damn peacenicks... They are soooo out of context.

Again, Cartoons are the answer... These must be our hero's

(click to open player in new window)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Don't cut my quote and put it out of context. I backed up my harsh criticism with facts.

And I stand by my words, if you title yourself a True American but yet say that all Muslims are terrorists....then I'm sorry your a Dumb Ass American.

I know that you didn't say it, but the other poster did. So please don't cherry pick my words.

Thanks

[edit on 7-5-2010 by OnTheFelt]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
I see no problem with any of this.
And the Muslims won't complain when the Jews rebuild Solomons temple, right?

That's not even close to an accurate comparison.

Legally raising funds to buy some real estate from somebody who wants to sell it is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from illegally seizing and bulldozing an ancient religious site, to then usurp the land and build your own structure.

Little different, dontcha think? Oh wait.. Jews are perfect and no morals or laws apply to them, I forgot.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Look at how you debate. Just name calling and talking crap 90% of the time.

LIST ONE EXAMPLE OF ME IGNORING ONE OF YOUR POINTS. PLEASE.

LETS DEBATE THAT POINT !

Flash flash flash....

First off, if you didn't ignore a majority of the posts I made towards your points, you would realize that isn't how I am until people start blatantly ignoring arguments.

Like how you choose to cherry pick a post talking about the difference between Islam and Nazism, and neglected the bit where religious scripture has dozens of different interpretations by its practitioners compared to a political ideology.

Or perhaps, going right off of that post, when you decided to vilify Islam by quoting several passages out of the Quran, neglecting the fact that there are different interpretations (which you might not have if you didn't cherry pick posts).

Which is funny when some of your posts where talking about how Christianity is different, regardless of when I spent TWO posts taking verses from the bible that perfectly resemble those that you took out of the Quran.

But no, you don't cherry pick posts. You just ignore posts that would otherwise be detrimental to your argument...

Oh wait, that IS cherry picking

When you choose to do that, all you'll receive from me is absolute disdain and insults directed your way. Because that's all you deserve considering I find it just as insulting that you try to masquerade having a "civil" debate even though you cherry pick.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is just creepy

Things need to change. The image of Islam needs some serious work. Someone that's in Pope'ish position needs to be able to come out and speak to these weird religious things.

Apologize or set the record straight. The whole Islam/Muslim thing is so confusing. Even for someone as myself that has read some of the qaran.

Regular Americans that could careless about Islam/Muslims would be even more surprised and repulsed by the religion.

[edit on 5·7·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
Damn peacenicks... They are soooo out of context.

Again, Cartoons are the answer... These must be our hero's

(click to open player in new window)

omg thank you for posting that, i LOL'ed

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

This is just creepy

Things need to change.

This is just creepy

Things here also have to change.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

This is just creepy

Things need to change. The image of Islam needs some serious work. Someone that's in Pope'ish position needs to be able to come out and speak to these weird religious things.

Apologize or set the record straight. The whole Islam/Muslim thing is so confusing. Even for someone as myself that has read some of the qaran.

Regular Americans that could careless about Islam/Muslims would be even more surprised and repulsed by the religion.

I would highly suspect that that picture is taken out of context.

Kissing means different thing in different cultures, especially in religious ceremony.

Just like waving at someone with your left hand might be a polite way of saying hello in this culture, but equivalent to flipping someone the bird in another.

It's not really correct for you to try and impose your western ideals onto another society and act like every gesture has the same meaning in all cultures. Kind of eurocentric, don't you think? Actually, what right does any western nation have to say what goes on inside the borders of a sovereign nation? None.

Lastly, it's spelled "Qur'an" or "Quran" or even Koran.... but when you spell it Qaran it makes you look like you didn't read very much of it at all...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Originally posted by End Of Babylon
People still crying over 9/11? thats laughable, especially since your own people did the terrorist acts on yourself.

Come on 3000 people died? thats rather soft and nothing to cry over.

Its people like you and who think like you who should be not allowed produce spawn.

A life whose unique soul was taken away in that tragedy. These individuals were working to feed their families. You take this tragedy and are laughing about it. Something is seriously wrong with you.

Well as long as you are doing some serious soul-searching about the 100,000+ civilian lives that were taken in Iraq, I can respect that.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The common sense issue raises its' ugly head and says, "Damn, the people who agree with Timothy McVeigh were allowed to raise an "I hate the Government" clubhouse in the alley where said "home-grown" terrorist made his escape through". Hypothetical, of course, but can't you see where this is just offensive. I just know there is other real-estate available for these persons to do whatever they want, but did they have to pick "that place"? When do we learn that just because you can, does it mean you should?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
So basically you are willfully ignoring the fact that tons of people are gonna get upset?

When people draw cartoons of Mohammad knowing it will upset even the 'Moderate Muslims', they do it anyway. Majority of people support it too. Yet, the same people are opposed to building a mosque because it will upset people. Double Standards

When these people run out of arguments, they always bring up the point that you can't build a Church in a Middle eastern/Muslim country.

Fun Facts:

* The New Church of Immaculate is the largest church in Bakhdeda, Iraq and one of the largest churches in the middle east.

* Father Samaan pastors the largest church in the Middle East and one of the best known in Egypt: St. Simon the Tanner Coptic Orthodox Church in the Mokattam garbage village.

* Dubai is home to the largest Evangelical church in all the Middle East.

Check out this link to see pics of Churches in Muslim countries

islam-west.com...

As for Saudi Arabia, I will only say one thing. Build a Mosque in Vatican City and a Church in Mecca at the same time or Don't build at all. In-fact there is talks between the Vatican and Saudi officials to build a church in Riyadh, Capital of Saudi Arabia.

I won't provide links because you can easily Google all the info.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
Flash flash flash....

First off, if you didn't ignore a majority of the posts I made towards your points, you would realize that isn't how I am until people start blatantly ignoring arguments.

Like how you choose to cherry pick a post talking about the difference between Islam and Nazism, and neglected the bit where religious scripture has dozens of different interpretations by its practitioners compared to a political ideology.

Or perhaps, going right off of that post, when you decided to vilify Islam by quoting several passages out of the Quran, neglecting the fact that there are different interpretations (which you might not have if you didn't cherry pick posts).

Which is funny when some of your posts where talking about how Christianity is different, regardless of when I spent TWO posts taking verses from the bible that perfectly resemble those that you took out of the Quran.

But no, you don't cherry pick posts. You just ignore posts that would otherwise be detrimental to your argument...

Oh wait, that IS cherry picking

When you choose to do that, all you'll receive from me is absolute disdain and insults directed your way. Because that's all you deserve considering I find it just as insulting that you try to masquerade having a "civil" debate even though you cherry pick.

Ok this cherry picking argument makes no sense.

1) I have shown with links, sources and evidence, along with other posters, that Nazism is a religion. Therefore it equals any other religion, especially violent ones.

2)I did not vilify Islam , it vilified itself before I was even born.
And I only took those quotes to contradict what the other poster said about Islam being Peaceful all the time. Just to show there is 2 sides of that coin.

And you cannot interpret "killing" in any other way it is killing. Either they IGNORE the passage, or they follow it and kill people.

3) I never said Christianity was different. I said they just IGNORE Leviticus purposefully with all kinds of silly excuses. Does Islam ignore those sections?

Because I have video tape of so called Islamic people preaching those quotes. Show me some videos of Christians PREACHING LEVITICUS. Good luck on that one. Specifically find this one, people preaching that "if your kids talk back, kill them" which is in Leviticus.

I was not cherry picking your posts. I skipped over your Bible quotes because I ALREADY ADDRESSED THEM. I equated Leviticus with the Islamic Equivalent.

Using this whole "your a cherry picker" is one of the worst forms of debate I've seen today...

There is rules on excessive quoting. I try not to break those rules.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

I apologize greatly that I berated you for choosing to enter a debate ignorant instead of educated, choosing to have others do your work for you instead of doing it yourself like you should because otherwise you'd be...you know, ignorant? Something you're supposed to DENY on this site? I mean sure it isn't an enforced rule but you would think instead of berating ME for not choosing to educate you, you would realize you may not want to come into a debate and acting superior-than-thou to others when you are actively admitting your own ignorance on the topic right here.

So again, I apologize for not choosing to alleviate your ignorance for you. I'll allow you to continue debating in threads on topics you are ignorant about now.

Just like kinda kurious you jump in and try to take me down... As if that were possible.

Your well crafted debating skills are firmly affixed to the wax gasket under the toilet.

It's no surprise that you've countless times berated everyone with personal insults not even close to the well crafted vague implications that I make...
Some come very close to the beloved of all time from Sir Winston Churchill... go forth and multiply... ALONE

As you can see, it is impossible to beat me in a war of personal insults directed at me or anyone else... My skills in debate aren't diminished by vulgar, formal education.

Mine are from dealing in the streets with trash of every race. Perhaps even yours. I've lived in lowest of neighborhoods and dealt with scummiest of persons. And have dealt with some really GREAT persons, with whom I currently associate.

American's through and through to the bad ass bone.

American's aren't confrontational just for the hell of it... to berate others because they think it's cool.

Cool isn't learned as it's obvious you are attempting.

Cool is almost a race unto itself ... Of which I am a proud member.

And America is Cool and you are not. And neither is bating post about "Why Non-Americans need to leave America" or what ever the hell the bate was...
Some master I imagine...
I can't imagine what Respected ATS Supers would have complimented you for... It boggles the mind when outright call someone 'stupid.'

In any event . attempt at belittling me... for you cannot win... poopy pants!

Anyone with ¼ watts brainpower would know that I'm unbeatable on an internet debate... BECAUSE you can't win an argument over the internet.

I learned that 20 years ago on what was then called BBS'es ... They need to teach that in school these days instead of tolerance.

[edit on 5·7·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
A mosque can go up near ground zero, but kids can't wear t-shirts with the American Flag on them on Cinco de Mayo...why am I not surprised at all? Oh yeah, social conditioning. I fart in their general direction.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OverSword

You are painfully ignorant when it comes to Arab politics and culture then my friend. The Gulf states certainly have a tendancy to lean towards "sharia" law, but the Arab people as a whole are generally very mild mannered and understanding.

Idiots like you make generalizations based on the most negative examples of Arab society that exist. What do you think fuels the bloodlust and hatred? It certainly isn't attempting to understand and respecting each other, its generally taking every negative thing a culture has done or is about and labelling every person within that culture as such. The culture then labels you and your friends in the same way. Look at the U.S.

We've killed, murdered, arrested and suppressed people for centuries now. We dropped nuclear weapons on two heavily populated urban centers for nothing other than intimidation. Sure we may have saved tens of thousands of Marines lives, but at the cost of millions of Japanese civilians (mostly women and children).

Would you like to be defined as a genocidal (native americans), mass murdering, wasteful and hypocritical person?

I have met many practicioners of Islam who practice their religion in the most peaceful and beautiful way possible. The religion has been made a scapegoat by the msm for terrorism, while the real reasons behind the hatred and bloodshed are rarely, if ever, discussed.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join