It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Cordoba House project calls for a 15-story community center including a mosque, performance art center, gym, swimming pool and other public spaces.

Interesting, so does this mean that anyone would be welcomed in this "community" Mosque? Like, Jews or shoot, even an American infidel? Or do they mean by community center, Muslim center?

I just find it weird to include a Mosque in a community center, or maybe it's just me.

FK

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

And there is no fun in debating someone who just responds by saying mean things

You mean like how it's no fun to debate when the person you're debating with constantly ignores posts you make and cherry picks what they choose to respond to?

[edit on 7-5-2010 by SpectreDC]

link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

Where are the Muslim humanitarian organizations...??

Jeez, I didn't know so many people on ATS were handicapped. I mean, google isn't hard to use.

The above link would work for well for those that have low security and are careless and thoughtless and, as you say, are 'handicapped', implying "mentally retarded."

I searched using other Google scrapers and mostly what I found ... Since you deem it really cool to demean the Biblical teachings by weakly quoting someone else's talking points , Which are easily refuted in 2-3 statements...

Again, weakness...

was along these lines...

Muslims generally strive to be generous and humble in their charitable contributions, but it is getting harder to do so in today's climate of suspicion and fear. Some Islamic charities have been shut down on allegations of re-routing funds to terrorist causes, causing Muslims to become wary of where their money is going. We advise each person to thoroughly research any organization before making a donation.

I would say that there are many, seemingly legitimate, organizations.

So, I answered my own question. Certainly not completely since you were unable to produce anything tangible.

One must ask themselves, why is there ANY fear or hesitation of donating to one of the organizations. Never said that Muslims were stupid in finances.

How can a few hundred or thousand extremists ruin it for 2 billion people?

Since America is such a heavily Muslim nation now, shouldn't we be hearing and seeing all sorts of great public efforts on all sorts of issues? You know, Like how Muslims within the media are swaying editors to help change public opinion/perception... or coming to the aid of .... Flood victims in TN or how it was a Pakastani Street Vendor and his keen sense of smell that tipped off the police in the NYC failed bombing.

Nope yet again it's some Muslim extremist.

That has to stop.

Or you can expect American's will pissed about it. It's just not happening for the Muslims and they don't appear to want anything about their image to change. They are cool... Protected... And just somewhat mysterious... what with all they might just pull out a knife and claim Jihad Mofo! all over your American Patriot ass. Scary.

Again, it's up to the muslim communities around the world to get a handle on their congregations. Prove to the world that their religion isn't something to be feared by the masses.

It's a slap at NY'ers and certainly inconsiderate to install a mosque so close to former WTC. Even if it was an inside job.

The official statement stands in the minds of America for now.

Perhaps also Muslims should be endeavoring to get the 911 truth out and clear their respective names??

link   
I got a great group for you to join for anyone who doesnt want this mosque to be built.

It's called the KKK, look them up and they will love your view on this situation.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Instead I can bring up 1000 videos of them actively PREACHING IT.

Once again Muzzleflash I must congratulate you being able to cherry pick which of my posts and comments you'll quote, completely neglecting to think that perhaps it isn't a good idea to do so considering what you're ignoring DEBUNKS EVERY POINT YOU TRY TO MAKE WHEN RESPONDING TO ME.

You know, like when I had to google for someone about Muslims against extremism in which I believe 745,000 links popped up on google, including youtube videos?

But hey, a small amount of people do what you say they do.

It's okay though, this just means whenever I would typically defend Christianity and any religion for any actions committed in that religions name as people manipulating other people to do something when there are ulterior motives involved, I'll just be like "THE WBC ARE EVIL AND SINCE I DONT SEE CHRISTIANS PARADING ON THE STREETS AGAINST THE WBC, ALL CHRISTIANS ARE GUILTY!"

Hindsight. Get some. And while getting some, look in the next aisle for some intelligence.

Then again, you're the person who thinks anyone who laughs at the thread that says "pedobear on 4chan is the universal symbol for pedofiles" is a pedophile or a rapist. So I can understand.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by SpectreDC]

Ok fine.
First paragraph : I was cutting down the quotes, as there is a rule on ATS that will get us in trouble "Excessive Quoting". So it wasn't exactly cherry picking.

2nd Para: I didn't ask for you to google that specific point, as I knew better than to go there.

3rd Para : Not sure what you mean there.

4th and 5th Para:: All personal attacks and unfair. And please take that debate to the correct thread. I consider that a very low blow also btw. And you pulled it way out of context.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProUSA

Originally posted by Dr Conspire

Correct me if Iam wrong but building a mosque ,church and a synagogue on the S11 site may be the best solution.

A symbolic three temple thing might appease everyone,

A new Holy Centre of the Earth?

This is my favorite post.
You are actually giving us a really good open minded solution.

You win! I'm going with what you said.

I would agree, that is a good idea.

That way everyone is happy... except for the Scientologists...

AHAHH they'll get a closet in each one that they can call their very own R.e.a.d.i.n.g R.o.o.m... Until they become a major religion...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
I got a great group for you to join for anyone who doesnt want this mosque to be built.

It's called the KKK, look them up and they will love your view on this situation.

Attacking the posters rather than the specific points being made.

I can't join the KKK anyway, I don't fit their requirements. Nor do I agree with anything they say.

Again very low blows going on here.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Harsh. They have the freedom to build their holy temple, yes. But constructing it to a site where over 2000 Americans were slaughtered by Muslims is a bit inconsiderate.

However, it is 2010. We have moved on from what happened and instead of diversity, we should be all about equality.

Conclusion: Let them build it and let's make the best of it. 19 maniacs shouldn't represent an entire ethnic group or religion.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

I apologize greatly that I berated you for choosing to enter a debate ignorant instead of educated, choosing to have others do your work for you instead of doing it yourself like you should because otherwise you'd be...you know, ignorant? Something you're supposed to DENY on this site? I mean sure it isn't an enforced rule but you would think instead of berating ME for not choosing to educate you, you would realize you may not want to come into a debate and acting superior-than-thou to others when you are actively admitting your own ignorance on the topic right here.

So again, I apologize for not choosing to alleviate your ignorance for you. I'll allow you to continue debating in threads on topics you are ignorant about now.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Wait, I got more!

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Kill Followers of Other Religions.

1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)
Death for Blasphemy

(Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

ALL RELIGIONS ARE POLITICAL TERRORIST CULTS.

When the Ayotollah tells all Muslims that they should kill those who insult Mohamed even in foreign lands,like the Netherlands,and those followers follow those instructions then he has made Islam an ACTIVE POLITICAL TERRORIST CULT.
What if the POPE told his followers to kill Muslims and they followed his instructions? Wouldnt he and his followers be terrorists?
The difference is the POPE doesnt do that. Though Christians do things like go into foreign countries and try and convert people. Which is a more benign form of terrorism.

If you view religion as political terrorist cults then there is nothing to be
gained by adding another one to your country. Cults that are ACTIVE in
their attempts to control everyone are dangerous. Freedom of Religion
will be the first thing those people take away from you.

Spirituality is the science of self transcendence through meditation and love. Anyone can practice it. It doesnt require any beliefs or religions. Nor does it require multi million dollar buildings.

^*))^$%$#@@@*
Censored

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
thats actully pretty cool maybe now they wont look at americans and see arrogant morons who cant accept any reilgion other then thier own, but now they will be seen aas just morons lol

anyone who doesnt want it there can MOVE AWAY! seriously its a FREE COUNTRY! They can have as many Mosques as they want, i see nothing wrong with it, and if you do clearly your mind is damaged severly

so i approve of this, one step closer to reilgious tolerance, maybe down the line everyone will figure out "hey we are worshipping the same god, who knew?"

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I consider that a very low blow also btw.

You think I give a damn? Look at how you debate. You ignore comments. You debate via ignorance. Being a civil debater doesn't just mean not insulting people, it means being a fair debater. It means not cherry picking, it means not misconstruing, it means not being ignorant in the topic you're choosing to debate in. When you refuse to be civil in that regard I will certainly choose to not be civil in another regard.

I would ask "have you learned a lesson?" But I know you haven't because it takes a lot to make people learn over the internet.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Racists, bigots, whatever. The word doesn't matter. In the end you can just call them idiots and move on because in the end, that's all they are. They're idiots.

Attacking the posters rather than the argument.

Come on SpectreDC, I know you got some good points to make.

Lets make them.

Calling people names is sort of like admitting defeat, and I don't wanna see you go down like that. And there is no fun in debating someone who just responds by saying mean things

This is suppose to be a fun debate, lets play nice now!

Debate or not... SDC's quips aren't very polished or creative.

Personally, Speech and Debate was required in my High School and I ditched the second day and failed the class intentionally.

I hated politics then and I still do... I want this fuggin American Republic back away from these creepy banksters and usurpers. I'm with many American's that want the Republic back as it was intended.

Then we can leave the rest of the other countries to figure out how they can create a Republic like ours in their own country. Or kill each other off in their idealistic, misguided, Jihad...

So, what happens when the entire population of the Earth is down to 2 Jihadist Muslims??

They eyeball each other wondering which of them adheres closer to the qaran?

Edit to add:
Someone reposted the Old Testament commands...

America is a country of laws... They don't usurp Biblical Commands... If you feel that you need to follow those commands ... have at it. Murder is a crime in about EVERY governed nation. God doesn't disown his children if they follow the laws of the lands. In ungoverned territory, like the sands of the Sinai... have at it.

Point is that under God's laws you WON'T be held accountable as an evil if you are following those commands... If you plot MURDER, premeditated, you're hosed in God's book.

Within parts of legal system murder is justified. Doesn't mean you'll be acquitted by a jury of peers for crimes.

Jesus commanded to follow the laws of the land 'ordinances'. Jesus Christ's followers are called Christians.

There's no Jihad about it.

[edit on 5·7·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If you are of Celtic origin then you need to know that in the eyes of Illuminati (Greek & English elite) you are a pig in Bucking Ham (pig) Palace. Then you need know that Muslims don't eat pork out of respect for the Celtics. You should think twice before you eat Turkey for thanks giving. If you want to stop NWO order then you need to know who it is, why they do it, and how they do it, and then of coarse a solution.
Who ? Greeks and English (elite). 8 & 5
Why ? English hate Scottish (Celts) and Greeks hate Turkish (Muslims). 10 & 4
How ? United we Stand ! Queen Eliz (Enlish) married Prince Philip (Greek)
Solution ? Unite the Celtic and Islamic nations.

Until this happens they have control and have had for a long time, since they got the Ozy Celts to whip the Turks at the Battle of Damascus, unbeknown to the Ozies that they were whipping their best friends for their worst enemies ever.
But their is truck load more of us than them and if all the Celts pulled out of the Military because they don't want to kill their best buddies, Muslims, all over . So spread the word.
there is tonnes of evidence to back up what i am saying.
10 4 over and out (if you know what I mean)
8 5 rubber duck, I prefer
Dan

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ok at the risk of being smashed again I will say that I think it is weird just put a Mosque, near "Ground Zero"

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

OMG that is Hilarious..

So it's gone from ...if you don't agree with me your a racist...to if you don't want a Mosque built withing a few blocks or closer to where a horrific act was perpetrated (allegedly) by a bunch of Koran ranting lunatics (allegedly) then you should join the KKK?

Comrade Stalin would be so proud of you.

..Ex

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Furthermore considering the short time I've been here and the number of compliments I've received from respected members and staff, I find my credibility SLIIIIIGHTLY better than yours.

Not a good argument in this thread, or anywhere actually. Just because you said something cool yesterday does not mean you were cool today.

Because you have been mean today and not played by the rules at all. Name calling right and left....

Originally posted by OnTheFelt

You should change your name from True American to Dumb Ass American then it would coincide perfectly with your utter ignorance.

More name calling. Sigh......lol

I apologize greatly that I berated you for choosing to enter a debate ignorant instead of educated,

Right because calling people names for 5 pages is "educated"? Nice one.

I consider that a very low blow also btw.

You think I give a damn? Look at how you debate. You ignore comments. You debate via ignorance. Being a civil debater doesn't just mean not insulting people, it means being a fair debater. It means not cherry picking, it means not misconstruing, it means not being ignorant in the topic you're choosing to debate in. When you refuse to be civil in that regard I will certainly choose to not be civil in another regard.

I would ask "have you learned a lesson?" But I know you haven't because it takes a lot to make people learn over the internet.

Look at how you debate. Just name calling and talking crap 90% of the time.

LIST ONE EXAMPLE OF ME IGNORING ONE OF YOUR POINTS. PLEASE.

LETS DEBATE THAT POINT !

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Oh yeah dude, arab countries are so civilized, if a woman drinks alcohol she can be flogged, peoples hands are cut off for stealing, slaves are bought and sold, TV fortune tellers and pychics are put to death. Very loving and tolerant.

you twit.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

You said "when the Ayatollah tells all Muslims"...

Um.. The Ayatollah only has power over Shi'a Muslims... a SMALL PERCENTAGE of the population of Muslims....

No other Muslims listen to anything the Ayatollah says. Deny ignorance.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

"And mankind is naught but a single nation."
Holy Quran 2:213

A vast contrast to Nazi ideology...

We cannot blame over a billion Muslims for the warped misinterpretations of a few!

Nice way to pick and choose to fit your opinions.

"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)
"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it." (Surah 2:216)
"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)

"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)
"Fight against such as those to whom the Scriptures were given...until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (Surah 9:27-)

"If you do not fight, He will punish you sternly, and replace you by other men." (Surah 9:37-)

"Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)

Seriously we could list tons of stuff. It's like Leviticus in the Bible.

But you were clearly quoting the Qur'an trying to make it look all peaceful and pretty. But there is another side to the story...

Just saying. lol.

I'm afraid that it seems to be you who is picking and choosing... you addressed the one issue in my post that you thought you could address... but buy doing so you have yet again proved my point...

The Bible has bad stuff in it too... yet i bet you wouldn’t complain it you heard about a church being built near an IRA bomb site... Its seems that what is acceptable for Christians to do and say is unacceptable for Muslims...

I am a Christian and even i can see the hypocrisy in this vilification of Islam!!

There was a time when parents would tell their kids that, if they were bad, the Jewish man would come and get them... People would say that Jews were evil... they killed Christ and did the Devils work... They were depicted in Art with exaggerated features and if a crime was committed the first to be blamed were the Jews...

Luckily we have moved on since medieval time and this type of practice is no longer widespread... Well, not for Jews anyway... We have just changed the villain and kept the mindset... how sad!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join