It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I could't have said it better. It's a shame to say this whole thing should be avoided, just because some can't approach the issue rationally.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Yeah, especially must be easy to ignore posts that drive 747's through your arguments wholes. Hah, such stupid people

OMG. Your aerial maneuvers within a worthless post is amazing.

Remind me to note on my pre-flight that I've been bested at being an inciteful asshole.

Personal attacks are not welcome on ATS.

I really don't care, when you have people who deliberately overlook a persons arguments when they're trying to be civil, especially when the people he's trying to be civil with are everything but, it becomes justifiable.

What's your thoughts on NY Mosques anyhow?

If you were capable of comprehensive reading of another persons posts that didn't agree with your own thoughts, you may have noticed that while I personally believe the Muslim's wanting to build this Mosque right near the WTC should be more mindful of what they are doing, they have as much right as any other religion to erect a place of worship there.

You know, basically it's the view point where you're not a hypocrite and don't think someones rights should be ignored just because they disagree with you.

BTW read your spinning avatar carefully before you speak.

And I would suggest learning where the symbols comes from and the context from which it comes from before commenting on it ignorantly. You know, deny ignorance.

I guess ATS should change it's maxim to fit the behavior of a majority of its members though, "Deny ignorance, unless ignorance supports your worldview or argument"

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed

Originally posted by ProUSA

It's NOT racist.

OMG. Arabian, Jordanian, Israelite or just middle-eastern... Islam/Muslim isn't a fuggin race. It's a religion.

Who cares what you think anyhow.

Oh really, being Muslim isn't a race?! I had no idea

Obviously, hating Muslims is being racist by association. Because you probably hate 90% of the Middle East. But, title it however you'd like, it doesn't change anything

Holy Stereotype Batman.. you do realize that many other peoples are also Muslim. Click here for non middle eastern Muslims. So again the RACE card doesn't fly.

..Ex

My friend, I do realize that there are plenty of Muslims not in the Middle East. As I clarified, it's being racist by association. Hating Muslims is ESSENTIALLY the same thing as hating a lot of countries in the Middle East and Africa, because a large majority of people in those states are, in fact, Muslim.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

During this time period rituals including child sacrifices were being made to the Ammonite god , Molech,

Even Solomon set up an alter On the Mt. of Olives, and Manasseh in valley of Ben Hinnom,

Topheth was the place where children where killed during pagan rituals as sacrifices to Molech, "the detestable god of the Ammonites." God first warned the Israelites about this practice in Leviticus 18:21: "Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molech, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the LORD." The sacrifice of children profanes the name of God because it is the savage destruction of creatures who bears His likeness. It is an act of sedition against the throne of God, an act that demonstrates utmost contempt for what God values very highly. The sacrifice of children is at its very root an insurrection against the authority of God. Those who spill the blood of children are repeating the infamous words "Who is the Lord, that I should obey His voice?" The sacrifice of children is also an act of devotion to demons who have established themselves as competitors to the true God. "They sacrificed their sons and their daughters to demons. They shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and daughters, whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan, and the land was desecrated by their blood." (Psalms 106:37-38 NIV)

www.trumpetsounds.com...

This is a prophet speaking of Gods anger over child sacrifice,

Look deeper.

[edit on 043131p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Personal attacks are not welcome on ATS.

Says the guy who just referred to half the board as stupid and ignorant, hahaha, hypocrites are the best.

You quantified my statement incorrectly. Read the dictionary.
Personal attack means "It's personal, ie against you personally"

I always use vague terms so as NOT to personally attack someone. If you misread it ... it's NOT my fault.

I can insult ½ of ATS in fell swoop ... YOU figure out who I'm talking about and I'm not talking about myself.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You quantified my statement incorrectly. Read the dictionary.
Personal attack means "It's personal, ie against you personally"

I always use vague terms so as NOT to personally attack someone. If you misread it ... it's NOT my fault.

I can insult ½ of ATS in fell swoop ... YOU figure out who I'm talking about and I'm not talking about myself.

I think you're playing with words to save yourself the trouble you'll run into with the mods. You know what you're doing.

My friend, I do realize that there are plenty of Muslims not in the Middle East. As I clarified, it's being racist by association. Hating Muslims is ESSENTIALLY the same thing as hating a lot of countries in the Middle East and Africa, because a large majority of people in those states are, in fact, Muslim.

Indonesia has one of the largest Muslim population's in the world. You cannot say that it's racist to hate Islam. I hate Islam. I hate any thing that's a lie. I hate Buddhism, I hate Hinduism, I hate atheism. I do not hate the followers.

Originally posted by Shark VA84
I honestly have taken your thread to imply that you are an ignorant, middle-aged white male with limited intercultural exposure. Mosque does not equal terrorists. Islam does not equate to hostility or evil. I would be willing to bet that anyone seriously objecting the construction of a Mosque near ground zero knows almost nothing about Islam, Muslims or the world as a whole.

What I think the feeling that is shared and it's understandable, is that to build a mosque close to where the WTC was can be seen as insensitive.

Originally posted by Shark VA84I was raised, baptized and confirmed as a Christian, but I've got love for all followers of the book. I honestly wouldn't even consider myself a true Christian these days, as my religious beliefs don't necessarily allign with any mainstream religion these days.

True Christianity is as it was delivered by Jesus Christ and the Apostles as they were inspired to write by the Holy Ghost. Just because a person is baptized, is said to be a Christian, does not make that person one. None of us are perfect, but those that know the truth and desire to walk in it, will desire to be free from sin and read the word.

Originally posted by Shark VA84If you ever go to an Arab nation, I bet you would be suprised by the respect and love present for all religions. You probably believe they are all murdering, fundamentalist, right-wing nut jobs, but the reality is that the U.S. is home to more fringe lunatic religious whackos then all of the Middle-East combined.

No religion except Islam is tolerated in Saudi Arabia. S.A is the birth place of Islam. Christians cannot worship freely in S.A. You cannot build churches, you cannot preach the gospel, you have none of the freedom's we have here in the U.S.A. To claim the have a love for all religions is wrong because in the eyes of Islam, all others are false and Islam must be above all. Islam is not only a 'religion', but takes over all aspects of the society, including government. To assume what this person may think of Arab Muslims is again, wrong for you to do.

Originally posted by Shark VA84The question you leave us with "...fine, but why so close to ground zero?"
is completely artarded. Do you know how many Christians have gone off the deep end and killed people? Evangelist jerk-offs in W.VA. trying to poison water supplies to bring the second coming quicker.....just one example. Why don't we raise the same question when new Churches are being built? Oh yeah....ignorance, that's why.

You've obviously not understood that it is insensitive to some people to build a mosque close to where the WTC was and all that happened and is happening.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed

It's NOT racist.

OMG. Arabian, Jordanian, Israelite or just middle-eastern... Islam/Muslim isn't a fuggin race. It's a religion.

Who cares what you think anyhow.

Oh really, being Muslim isn't a race?! I had no idea

Obviously, hating Muslims is being racist by association. Because you probably hate 90% of the Middle East. But, title it however you'd like, it doesn't change anything

Holy Stereotype Batman.. you do realize that many other peoples are also Muslim. Click here for non middle eastern Muslims. So again the RACE card doesn't fly.

..Ex

I am sorry that I do not agree. Racism is often thrown around like the last bastion of a bad argument. eg: If I don't like Muslims, I must be racist. Personally, I don't like Muslims, I also don't like Catholics, Morons, Jehovas witnesses that show up at my door or any other people with little sense of logic but a large sense of opinion to how they feel I should live my afterlife. I don't like them, but it has nothing to do with race. So your statement is not correct.

I also, for the record, think it is Monumentally stupid and a lot insensitive to put a mosque so close to the site of the world trade center in New York. I would think it equally stupid to put a church into a city occupied by moors in the dark ages.

I do understand what you are saying, but I refuse to equate religion of any kind with race.

..Ex

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

As I said before, I believe that until American's see Muslim organizations built around helping humanity sprouting up in the USA ... American's will see them as terror cells in waiting. Judge them by their actions.

I fully agree with v3.

I REALLY believe that the Muslim/Mosque Supporters should address my claim above with some sincerity and vigor. Or anyone for that matter.

I would like to see some quotes denouncing me and my claim above. (Since Biblical Teachings have already been abused easily enough.)

[edit on 5·7·10 by DrMattMaddix]

link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by muzzleflash

You have to admit that one could find equally violent verses from the Bible. Just like you could find compassionate versus in the Bible to match ones from the Koran.

I did already. In the post where I quoted the negative Qur'an stuff. I said clearly "It's just like Leviticus in the Bible".

I knew it would be brought up, so I purposely placed it there to cover myself

link   

I'm glad you have such powerful and firm guarantees without any sources.

I also like how you think 2 billion muslims act like how you suggest even though you don't have any legitimate evidence suggesting so except what is propagated on main stream media. But hey, since it's something you agree with, it must be true

I don't need guarantees...there are plenty of documented, videoed cases where thay have murdered people by such barbaric methods as stoning to satisfy me. But hey, you go ahead and keep your head in the sand. Only, it might be best that the sand be located in one of your 'peaceful' countries, not the USA.

As for your assertion that MSM is my only source of info for whether the 'peaceful element' rise up in protest at acts of terrorism....

Why don't you show me proof where they do? Since there are billions and billions of muslims, I'll just ask for ONE instance where a paltry MILLION rose up and publicly protested an act of terrorism commited by radical muslims.

A million is only one tenth of one percent of a billion.

C'mon. Just one instance of a paltry million. Can you supply it?

I didn't think so.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

I didn't think so.

Hang on, let me google that for you

[edit on 7-5-2010 by SpectreDC]

link   

Thank goodness most people I've talked to have nothing against Muslims; I swear this board is filled with some of the most extreme individuals ever.

You mean "extreme" as in strapping bombs on themselves or flying planes into buildings?

Or did you mean "extreme" as in, people who disagree with you on a web site?

You don't have to answer that if you don't want to.

link   
Iam not a NEW YORKER, never been there(how does it compare tothe original York?
I believe however there are millions of Americans who practice Judaism in some form, living in new york?
Correct me if Iam wrong but building a mosque ,church and a synagogue on the S11 site may be the best solution.
The whole terrorism thing is mainly a reactive war against The USA and its pro Judean/christian stance.
A symbolic three temple thing might appease everyone, the majority of victims of S11 were Christian,followed by Muslims,Hindus ect I bleieve only a very few Jews were victims?
So if Christian New yorkers can forgive, then so can the jews and let there be a mosque alongside a synagogue alongside a church.
It would become a world wonder.
A new Holy Centre of the Earth?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

Fair enough, you don't approve of my diction, I can live with that.

But if you hate Muslims, you are racist to Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Western Sahara, and Yemen.

So, use whatever words you want. We all know what it means in the end.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

But if you hate Muslims, you are racist to Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Western Sahara, and Yemen.

Well, you can't be racist towards a country. Being racist means you hate a race. I can agree with the sentiment that the R word is thrown around far too often when you can just call them bigots.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

I'm glad you have such powerful and firm guarantees without any sources.

I also like how you think 2 billion muslims act like how you suggest even though you don't have any legitimate evidence suggesting so except what is propagated on main stream media. But hey, since it's something you agree with, it must be true

I don't need guarantees...there are plenty of documented, videoed cases where thay have murdered people by such barbaric methods as stoning to satisfy me. But hey, you go ahead and keep your head in the sand. Only, it might be best that the sand be located in one of your 'peaceful' countries, not the USA.

As for your assertion that MSM is my only source of info for whether the 'peaceful element' rise up in protest at acts of terrorism....

Why don't you show me proof where they do? Since there are billions and billions of muslims, I'll just ask for ONE instance where a paltry MILLION rose up and publicly protested an act of terrorism commited by radical muslims.

A million is only one tenth of one percent of a billion.

C'mon. Just one instance of a paltry million. Can you supply it?

I didn't think so.

Thank You Starred!!!

I'd contest that the Muslims that have legally immigrated want nothing more than to suck more America dry... That's just my opinion.

Where are the Muslim humanitarian organizations...??

Those that just want to do things for the Greatness of America...

I have heard that they proclaim the greatness of Alah.

We all heard the screams of South Park??

They are proud of that 'sandy' area they call home.

Proud Americans?

Silence can be deafening if only one or two out of 10 million and a president are screaming anything.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Thank goodness most people I've talked to have nothing against Muslims; I swear this board is filled with some of the most extreme individuals ever.

You mean "extreme" as in strapping bombs on themselves or flying planes into buildings?

Or did you mean "extreme" as in, people who disagree with you on a web site?

You don't have to answer that if you don't want to.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me on a website. I disagree with half the things you say on this board, but I "friended" you because I believe you make valid points--even when it's on something I don't agree with.

I mean "extreme" as some people on here claiming that all Muslims are just a bunch of anti-American terrorists. I know that's not true, and I think that if a lot of those people actually met a few Muslims personally that they would agree with me

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Where are the Muslim humanitarian organizations...??

Jeez, I didn't know so many people on ATS were handicapped. I mean, google isn't hard to use.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Well, you can't be racist towards a country. Being racist means you hate a race. I can agree with the sentiment that the R word is thrown around far too often when you can just call them bigots.

Those countries all are roughly the same race, so I think that it's applicable to be racist against those countries. I see your point; it's hard to be racist against states like the USA because there is so many different races mixed in the same country. However, in places like I listed previously, where the countries contain the same race (mostly), I believe it's acceptable to use the term racists when it comes to them.

But, to each is his own. At least you understand what I'm trying to say.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Actually, that isn't even close to true. I have nothing against the peoples of those countries, I haven't even met many of the peoples from those countries. I am sure that I would hate some of them just as I am sure I would like some of them. Racism is the irrational hatred of their breeding or their linage, hence "Race".

The only thing I am sure of, in the end, is that you are completely unaware of what you are arguing for. And you did forget Cambodia in your lists of places there. Hmm now that I think of it, your argument would make you a racist to "Logic", notice how little sense that makes....

..Ex

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join