It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You have to admit that one could find equally violent verses from the Bible. Just like you could find compassionate versus in the Bible to match ones from the Koran.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

Originally posted by ProUSA
I can't believe the amount of anti-Muslim stuff I've been reading on ATS lately--it's really disappointing to see people who I used to think so highly of make themselves into complete racist assholes.

And ATS was about denying ignorance? Hmmm...

It's NOT racist.

OMG. Arabian, Jordanian, Israelite or just middle-eastern... Islam/Muslim isn't a fuggin race. It's a religion.

Who cares what you think anyhow.

I regret that i can only give one star. All too often the "race" card is played when Race has nothing to do with it.... well stated.

..ex

Nope, in this case it's just blame old idiotic bigotry and fear towards 2 billion people and an entire belief system for the interpretations by a few of that belief system and the actions perpetuated by a few.

You have to admit that one could find equally violent verses from the Bible. Just like you could find compassionate versus in the Bible to match ones from the Koran.

I already did that on the 9th page

[edit on 7-5-2010 by SpectreDC]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Building a Mosque near the Ground Zero means
Islamization, it would be proof of religion dominance.

I Find ATS a sad place for why some members support them and there motive.

I also find it ever laughable that the people use the expression of freedom of religion, to cover it up.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I also love how a big argument for the anti-Muslims is what it says in the Koran. All I have to say to that is: are you serious? The Bible has killed just as many people as any other religion, have you heard of the crusades?

Do all "Christians" follow the Bible word for word? No. Do all Muslims follow the Koran word for word? No.

I have plenty of Muslim friends, many of them being MUCH smarter than half the people on this website--and they are some of the nicest and good-hearted people I've met.

This is comparable to how the USA treated African Americans back before the Civil War. It's mind boggling. Thank goodness most people I've talked to have nothing against Muslims; I swear this board is filled with some of the most extreme individuals ever.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I can't believe the amount of anti-Muslim stuff I've been reading on ATS lately--it's really disappointing to see people who I used to think so highly of make themselves into complete racist assholes.

It's NOT racist.

OMG. Arabian, Jordanian, Israelite or just middle-eastern... Islam/Muslim isn't a fuggin race. It's a religion.

I regret that i can only give one star. All too often the "race" card is played when Race has nothing to do with it.... well stated.

..ex

Thanks!

It's absolutely amazing... I consider myself very under educated and the flow of stupidity and ignorance is staggering. One star will just have to do.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Building a Mosque near the Ground Zero means
Islamization, it would be proof of religion dominance.

I Find ATS a sad place for why some members support them and there motive.

I also find it ever laughable that the people use the expression of freedom of religion, to cover it up.

I know, if it was Christian or Jewish or Scientologists or Satanists it'd be ok, but because it's the religion of sand peoples it's evil!

/sarcasm

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

It's NOT racist.

..ex

Thanks!

It's absolutely amazing... I consider myself very under educated and the flow of stupidity and ignorance is staggering. One star will just have to do.

Yeah, especially must be easy to ignore posts that drive 747's through your arguments wholes. Hah, such stupid people

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
i watched the first part of a great documentary which you can get on torrents or on youtube. It is called Power of Nightmares and talks about how the Neo-conservatives and the radical islamics are always looking for someone to scare the people so they are easy to control. We need a boogie man. Russia, Korea, Vietnam, China, the Taliban, Iraq, and now Iran. Open your eyes and be prepared to mess your pants.

Here is Part 1 the first 10 minutes:

[edit on 4-5-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I also love how a big argument for the anti-Muslims is what it says in the Koran. All I have to say to that is: are you serious? The Bible has killed just as many people as any other religion, have you heard of the crusades?

Do all "Christians" follow the Bible word for word? No. Do all Muslims follow the Koran word for word? No.

I have plenty of Muslim friends, many of them being MUCH smarter than half the people on this website--and they are some of the nicest and good-hearted people I've met.

This is comparable to how the USA treated African Americans back before the Civil War. It's mind boggling. Thank goodness most people I've talked to have nothing against Muslims; I swear this board is filled with some of the most extreme individuals ever.

The Bible has killed just as many people as any other religion, have you heard of the crusades?

The Crusaders weren't using the bible you.

I find it very sad you believe that the bible killed so many can you provide proof for your nonsense dumb cliam?

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The Crusades were done to restore CHRISTIAN rule to the Holy Land. Stay hot.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

The wrong term was used...that doens't effect the message. Far too often I see the "Hah! You used the wrong term, see how undeducated you are!"

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Intentions

Thank you. And for the record, I responded clarifying what I meant; which was that it's being racist by association.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Yeah, especially must be easy to ignore posts that drive 747's through your arguments wholes. Hah, such stupid people

OMG. Your aerial maneuvers within a worthless post is amazing.

Remind me to note on my pre-flight that I've been bested at being an inciteful asshole.

Personal attacks are not welcome on ATS.

What's your thoughts on NY Mosques anyhow?

BTW read your spinning avatar carefully before you speak.

Edit to add:

... Nope, in this case it's just blame old idiotic bigotry and fear towards 2 billion people and an entire belief system for the interpretations by a few of that belief system and the actions perpetuated by a few.

1) I don't know what bigotry means...I'll go look it up.
2) Who said or implied FEAR? Nothing that I've posted shows fear...
I'm certainly not afraid of death. Nor Muslims for that matter.
I hate extremists in all flavors and I hate the FEDs and weak minded PC folks that are too weak to say what they think.

A person doesn't have to ride the fence. Nor do they have to be extremist.

As I said before, I believe that until American's see Muslim organizations built around helping humanity sprouting up in the USA ... American's will see them as terror cells in waiting. Judge them by their actions.

[edit on 5·7·10 by DrMattMaddix]

[edit on 5·7·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The Bible has killed just as many people as any other religion, have you heard of the crusades?

I find it very sad you believe that the bible killed so many can you provide proof for your nonsense dumb cliam?

No, they weren't using the bible to kill people. That would mean that bible had a spikes covering it or some crazy nonsense like that.

Does it have numerous passages that, just like the Quran, demand for the killing of heretics, non-believers, etc? Yes. Which is principally what the crusades was about. And beckoning the name of God and Jesus Christ to justify the crusades.

But again, recognizing that fact would dismantle you're bigotry for what it is; idiotic nonsense. So that's okay. Keep living in your delusion, ignoring facts and such. Ignorance is bliss after all.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

It's NOT racist.

Oh really, being Muslim isn't a race?! I had no idea

Obviously, hating Muslims is being racist by association. Because you probably hate 90% of the Middle East. But, title it however you'd like, it doesn't change anything

Holy Stereotype Batman.. you do realize that many other peoples are also Muslim. Click here for non middle eastern Muslims. So again the RACE card doesn't fly.

..Ex

link   

Personal attacks are not welcome on ATS.

Says the guy who just referred to half the board as stupid and ignorant, hahaha, hypocrites are the best.

link   
Okay, in order to try to get to the bottom of the issue I think this is a pertinent question that should be answered in the most logical way possible without using analogies, rhetoric, or stereotypes:

What direct impact will a Muslim Mosque have on America or New York City or even just a few select people if it were built near ground zero rather than anywhere else in this country?

My answer: None, except to affect the sensitivities of those who are very hostile towards the religion itself simply because it happens to be the same religion of the terrorists who (supposedly) flew the planes into the building and have warped the religion in order to suit their own extremist views at the expense of the people who practice the religion in the way it was meant to be and are now denigrated because of said people with these senstivities.

What's your answer?

link   
reply to post by ProUSA

That sounds like the right term, but I honestly don't know what the term is. What matters is that we all know exactly what was meant.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
i am willing to bet that white people have killed more than any other race.

I am also willing to bet that the Catholics have killed more than any other religion, due to invading new places and the crusades.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

No, they weren't using the bible to kill people. That would mean that bible had a spikes covering it or some crazy nonsense like that.

Does it have numerous passages that, just like the Quran, demand for the killing of heretics, non-believers, etc? Yes. Which is principally what the crusades was about. And beckoning the name of God and Jesus Christ to justify the crusades.

But again, recognizing that fact would dismantle you're bigotry for what it is; idiotic nonsense. So that's okay. Keep living in your delusion, ignoring facts and such. Ignorance is bliss after all.

So, essentially you just made my point for me--and attempted to make me look uneducated by trying to make it seem like I thought that they LITERALLY used the actual physical BIBLE to kill people in the Crusades. You have just amazing debate tactics, really, cheers to you my very intelligent friend.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join