It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Mosque to go up near New York's ground zero

www.cnn.com

New York (CNN) -- Plans to build a mosque two blocks away from ground zero have set off an emotional debate among area residents and relatives of victims of the September 11, 2001 terror attacks.

Cordoba House project calls for a 15-story community center including a mosque, performance art center, gym, swimming pool and other public spaces.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Well well well, how about this? How do y'all feel about this. I think we're heading for a Muslim country. Now I don't mind religious freedom at all BUT this just seems to spit on the faces of the family menbers of 911 victims. If they're going to build a Mosque in NY then fine but why so close to ground zero??

www.cnn.com

+30 more 
posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wondering302

but that doesnt matter because 911 was done by the government and not muslims. so muslims had nothing to do with the attacks, its ok, let them build a mosque.

on the other hand they should arrest bush for crimes on humanity..

+16 more 
posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I thought this was America where we have freedom of religion? Let them build it who cares what/where its close by. If the people of New York didn't want it then they would say something.

+7 more 
posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Heading for a muslim country? what does that even mean?? Please explain, I'd love to know. Have you even been to a muslim country? You might be pleasantly surprised.

I could understand some fuss about a mosque if 911 was carried out by muslims but seeing as there is no proof of that I don't see the big deal.

This New York, there must be a lot of muslims in such metropolitan city. Hardly surprising a mosque is getting built. How long is USA going to hang on to the fallacy of 911 and the stigma of Islam?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wondering302

Well well well, how about this? How do y'all feel about this. I think we're heading for a Muslim country. Now I don't mind religious freedom at all BUT this just seems to spit on the faces of the family menbers of 911 victims. If they're going to build a Mosque in NY then fine but why so close to ground zero??

www.cnn.com

Freedom of religion is what will give america away for free to the highest bidder, so far that would be islam. christianity is going down because of sexual issues, judaism has little power any more. America will make a nice trophy for islam and give them world power.

+6 more 
posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Sometimes I forget I'm on a conspiricy website and not a regular forum. I personally do not believe 9/11 was an inside job at least not totally. I do not trust our government one bit but this is too much IMO. forget it....take the country it's already falling apart (or fell apart long ago). Let's all just become Muslim, why the heck not. Hail Allah.....good god

+6 more 
posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Muslim country? ahahaha. I dont get it. there are 3 million muslims in the united states, which is less then the population of a city. To say that a mosque being built in the biggest city makes us a muslim country is... well.... dumb.

Thinking goes a long way

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

Not personally, my husband has twice and surprisingly he and his soilders had nothing nice to say about it....oh but wait they're the terrorists right? I keep forgetting that. On the other hand tho this is the first thread I've made that's gotten so heated

As far as how long the US is going to blame 911 on Islam...I'm thinking until there is solid proof otherwise.

+13 more 
posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I honestly have taken your thread to imply that you are an ignorant, middle-aged white male with limited intercultural exposure. Mosque does not equal terrorists. Islam does not equate to hostility or evil. I would be willing to bet that anyone seriously objecting the construction of a Mosque near ground zero knows almost nothing about Islam, Muslims or the world as a whole.

I was raised, baptized and confirmed as a Christian, but I've got love for all followers of the book. I honestly wouldn't even consider myself a true Christian these days, as my religious beliefs don't necessarily allign with any mainstream religion these days.

If you ever go to an Arab nation, I bet you would be suprised by the respect and love present for all religions. You probably believe they are all murdering, fundamentalist, right-wing nut jobs, but the reality is that the U.S. is home to more fringe lunatic religious whackos then all of the Middle-East combined.

The question you leave us with "...fine, but why so close to ground zero?"
is completely artarded. Do you know how many Christians have gone off the deep end and killed people? Evangelist jerk-offs in W.VA. trying to poison water supplies to bring the second coming quicker.....just one example. Why don't we raise the same question when new Churches are being built? Oh yeah....ignorance, that's why.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Shark VA84]

+15 more 
posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
One of the comments a poster on CNN said was a lot like this.

"Sure and lets build a Nazi Memorial in Israel"

Another one said
"Build a Nazi Memorial at Auschwitz"

I think that should explain how most people feel about that.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface

This New York, there must be a lot of muslims in such metropolitan city. Hardly surprising a mosque is getting built. How long is USA going to hang on to the fallacy of 911 and the stigma of Islam?

Yeah, true, but there must be other Mosques in NY. In a city that size I would say quite a few! Hell, there are 3 in my small town (~24,000 people).

So, you have to admit that this could rub some people up the wrong way, as the official story is still widely believed by the majority of people, that it was an attack by Muslim Extreemists (not saying that's what I believe BTW).

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Are you/they really drawing a comparison between a Mosque and a Nazi Memorial; sh#, between the holocaust and 9/11 for that matter?

The dudes may have been Arab and Muslim, but that doesn't mean one damn thing about Islam itself; only the idiots who preach the same extremist propaganda that exists in our society as well.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Sometimes I forget I'm on a conspiricy website and not a regular forum. I personally do not believe 9/11 was an inside job at least not totally. I do not trust our government one bit but this is too much IMO. forget it....take the country it's already falling apart (or fell apart long ago). Let's all just become Muslim, why the heck not. Hail Allah.....good god

You sir are an ignorant buffoon....and it is this very ideology and small thinking that has caused this world to fall on its head.

How ignorant and arrogant do you have to be to even think like this. You do realize there are 2 billion Muslims on the Earth today.

The United States makes up less than 5% of the world population but yet you act like it is 95%.

Keep on keeping that hate inside you towards those that aren't like you as you are doing exactly what your masters want you to do.

DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

It's like you're saying all Muslims are bad and the Mosque is an insult? If it were a building to praise terrorists then I can see the problem but it's a mosque????

Did I see someone comparing this to building a NAZI MEMORIAL at Auswitch? Come on children.

Muslims are not terrorists or like Nazis... You have well and truly been taken in by the MSM.

Well.... done.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Frakkerface

Not personally, my husband has twice and surprisingly he and his soilders had nothing nice to say about it....oh but wait they're the terrorists right? I keep forgetting that. On the other hand tho this is the first thread I've made that's gotten so heated

As far as how long the US is going to blame 911 on Islam...I'm thinking until there is solid proof otherwise.

Well I guess if you go to a war zone and subscribe to nationalist bull then you wouldn't see anything good in a society different to your own.

How about some solid proof that it did have something to do with Islam?

+2 more 
posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

www.cnn.com

There are an estimated 1.2 Billion Muslims in the world... 911 was allegedly carried out by 19 of them.

I feel the same about this as i would feel about a Catholic Church being built near an IRA bombing site in London... Nothing!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
What would be the reaction of building an evangelical megachurch next to Mecca? Would it be stood for, or rebelled against? Why then is people's reactions here all that shocking?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

I love how people on this site say sir like they are being polite......I'm female, all you have to do is look at my profile....so Deny Ignorance
As far as the original story goes, I have no choice to believe it based on what I've read and experienced.....could I be wrong, of coarse.....could you? Well of coarse not.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

www.cnn.com

How do you see this as a spit on the face of the family members?

Don't you think Bush being free is a spit on the face of the family members of those who died in Iraq?

This is not a spit, this is love spit, if you know what I mean..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join