It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derren Brown Investigates...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Well I'm guessing we're gonna be watching this as it looks like it's gonna be somewhat of a freaking awesome show, that's what!.

Oh yeah I agree, I try and stay as skeptical as I possibly can to be honest when looking at most things paranormal and that goes double for so called psychics as I definitely think there are alot of fakes out there looking to exploit innocent people.

On the other hand however there are in my opinion some genuine ones out there somewhere or at the very least some people who genuinely believe they have psychic ability.

But anyway Derren Brown in the past has proven he can duplicate "psychic powers" in a way that would have you believing them to be real and him psychic although he has always claimed neither to be true so he may just be able to spot a fake by far better than most people can.

Definitely looking forward to an interesting show.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
He has to make these kind of noises once in a while, to stop the uprising of sceptics who get angry when he blatantly lies about how he did something, and uses nonsense pseudo-science. A lot of people were disappointed when he abused the notion of "wisdom of the crowds" and twisted it to fit his trick, teaching false knowledge.

It must be tricky being a magician these days, everyone wants to see a cool trick and be deceived a little, but we are also not accepting of total garbage explanations anymore.

It's a fine line they have to tread in order to still be entertaining, but not end up a pariah like Uri Gellar.

[edit on 10/5/2010 by harpsounds]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
4 hours to go until this airs so bumping this thread in the hope some paranormal fans out there see this and decide to watch.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Less than 10 minutes left!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yeah man, This looks like It'll be good.

5 mins until it's on.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I wonder how many minutes in we will get before Derren makes one of the 'psychics' cry?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This guy can talk to the "spirit world" but can't find any jeans that fit?

This guy and all others who claim they can talk to the "other side" are ridiculous

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Pockets]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
I wonder how many minutes in we will get before Derren makes one of the 'psychics' cry?

Approximately 52 minutes

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Derren is a master manipulator. I’ve been into magic most of my life and I love his style. NLP and magic together is amazing to watch by a master practitioner like him.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Also in the Interview with Mr Dawkins they talk about incorporating people who the psychic had already done readings for into your live shows, that's what he did...the people who were talking about the reading admitted it....and the first wifey he did....man that was a total set up

Edit to add....See what am saying...it's his sisters neighbour...total rubbish...that guy wants to take his £40 an hour and buy some new jeans

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Pockets]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Was good actually.... I Love DB.... he's the man.

I can't believe people buy this crap... I've never been into all the psychic stuff anyway and always found it nonsense... I even went to a spiritualist church/psychic thingy a few times with a friend who was really into it all.... and I found the whole thing just ridiculously offensive and quite embarrassing...

As Derren said, It's hard to know whether helping these people outweighs the harm it causes.... but I think it should be illegal man, There's no place for this crap in the 21st century.

If someone has a genuine gift, then we'll never know... because the amount of BS'ers and charlatans around kinda ruins it really.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Just watched it, very impressive. And quite funny.

As I *want* to believe in psychics and so on, I find it hard to believe that such people, such psychics, charge people money to be able to speak to their dead loved ones.

Loved the ending. Rubbish psychic caught out, couldn't justify his antics, blamed Derren for "corrupting" the situation. Funny how he accused Derren of lying, saying Derren said he had not been in the house and met the woman when in fact, he openly admitted when asked that he *had* been in there just before the reading.

Guess the psychic's spirit world mates hadn't 'communicated' the full extend of what video recorders do

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Oh come on! Derren had to pick a run of the mill, local pub physcic! Jeeesus! Why not pick a physcic like Colin Fry? My dad and his brother went to him and he said, "Tell snowy im ok", that is what my grandad called my Nan, no questions, he just came out with it!.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Oh come on! Derren had to pick a run of the mill, local pub physcic! Jeeesus! Why not pick a physcic like Colin Fry? My dad and his brother went to him and he said, "Tell snowy im ok", that is what my grandad called my Nan, no questions, he just came out with it!.

Someone like Colin Fry would never in a million years put himself forward for something like this, he has his TV show, he has his fortune, why jeapordise it?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

I don't know the details, but just speculating, maybe the well known people won't come on? They already have a reputation that's OK to their chosen customers, they might lose it all by going on Derren Brown's show, if he mocks them, or shows them up, whereas for a lower level psychic, it's a more worthwhile risk.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Joe power is already as was mentioned by Derren Brown is a fairly well known psychic and this kind of publicity if it went well of course would completely boost his career to whole new levels which is IMO more than likely the reason he agreed to do this show, and that's the main point in this, they have to agree to do it.

Like others have said someone who is already very well known such as Colin Fry like you mentioned who is already very famous would never do something like this simply because they have it all to lose and nothing to gain.

Anyway here's joe's website to prove he isn't just some random crappy run of the mill psychic who has agreed to do this because his career is failing or whatever.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Sorry bit late replying on this, but watched it and the result was kinda what I expected

The guy is a cold reader and uses that little ability plus the odds game to fool his punters 9/10 times ...

It is obviously a VERY lucrative industry with anyone being able to set up in business as a psychic, all they need is confidence, the knack of reading people and no morals or concience IMO :shk:

BUT on the other hand, I am convinced there are genuines out there, who may be a minority in the sea of frauds, but they do exist !!
I saw one a few yrs ago, never charged a penny, and her reading was totally accurate and AMAZING !!

Really looking forward to next weeks as well cos the trailer looked very interesting....

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Hi there... Does anybody have a link with the number 5?..

Oh! I used to be 5 years old!

Good show on Derren for showing us how somebody can make 40 quid for 5minutes work.
I wonder what implications this'll have on the 'psychics' career..?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Very little I suspect. People will believe what they want to believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join