It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, skeptics, 6 astronauts don't know what they're talking about?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So I was wondering...if skeptics are such scientific people, why is it you can't trust in your fellow scientists word...

A simple YouTube search for Edgar Mitchell reveals hundreds of videos containing witness testimony of him supporting the notion that there is an Alien presence on Earth.

A YouTube search for Gordon Cooper reveals the same thing.

A YouTube search for Buzz Aldrin shows us this trend yet again.

Although I don't think they are public whistle blowers, a couple of other astronauts have stated the following:

NASA Astronaut Scott Carpenter:

"At no time, when the astronauts were in space were they alone: there was a constant surveillance by UFOs."

Astronaut James Irwin:

"Look, I have a pension to worry about. I have a family to take care of, and they told me to just back away from this entirely or else."

Cosmonaut Victor Afanasyev:

"It followed us during half of our orbit. We observed it on the light side, and when we entered the shadow side, it disappeared completely. It was an engineered structure, made from some type of metal, approximately 40 meters long with inner hulls. The object was narrow here and wider here, and inside there were openings. Some places had projections like small wings. The object stayed very close to us. We photographed it, and our photos showed it to be 23 to 28 meters away."

So why is it all these men that have been to space are coming backing and making statements like this? And it's not just astronauts, there are aeronautical engineers, radar technicians, people in charge of nuclear devices, NASA scientists who all claim Aliens exist and are visiting Earth. Even Maurice Chatelain - Former Chief of NASA Communications Systems, had the following to say:

"All Apollo and Gemini flights were followed, both at a distance and sometimes also quite closely, by space vehicles of extraterrestrial origin - flying saucers, or UFOs, if you want to call them by that name.

Every time it occurred, the astronauts informed Mission Control, who then ordered absolute silence."

So when an astronaut tells you aliens are real they are crack pots, but when they tell you they walked on the moon they are legends? Astronauts, who travel to outer space, don't know what they're talking about when it comes to beings from outer space, eh?

If I missed any other astronauts, fill us in. Thanks!

EDIT: This thread has been revised and remade to meet ATS standards. Continue to this thread to view the new version.

[edit on 7/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I love the confrontational tone of your thread title.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

I love the confrontational tone of your thread title.

Yeah...I though it was decent.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I agree that astronauts are a very credible source, that is once everything is verified of course ( accuracy of said statements etc)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
gordon cooper talks about ufos/aliens openly in documentaries so there is video evidence of his statements

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Good post.
Straightforward, not a bunch of way-out hooey.

Yes, there is definitely more out there than we are told.

I wouldn't say that is alien technology. I haven't seen enough evidence to support any conclusions as to what it is that these men have seen.

Star and flag.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by biscuitface

there is video evidence of his statements
There is video evidence of him, Buzz and Edgar, as I showed with the 3 YouTube searches.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Edgar Mitchell is a full blown kook. Apart for alien claims, Mithell also claims a teenager from Vancouver "remote healed" his cancer from a distance.

So we should believe his alien claims.. why? because he rode a rocket into space? Sorry, but even astronauts can be cuckoos.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Hey man, I consider myself a Skeptic...

The word skepticism can characterize a position on a single claim, but in scholastic circles more frequently describes a lasting mind-set. Skepticism is an approach to accepting, rejecting, or suspending judgment on new information that requires the new information to be well supported by evidence. Individuals who proclaim to have a skeptical outlook are frequently called skeptics, often without regard to whether it is philosophical skepticism or empirical skepticism that they profess.

Wiki Link

...and think it's an ok definition of my beliefs in general. I actually believe the words of these individual astronauts and many others that have claimed "encounters".

I think the definition you're using is more of a blanket/hands over ears, shouting "I can't hear you" rejection, which doesn't necessarily apply to all who would say "I'm Skeptic".

For the record, what I don't believe in are a lot of Youtube "sightings" or photoshopped pictures, or for that matter the GFL etc.

I want to believe.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

What do the rest of the (hundreds of) astronauts/kosmonauts say? Have they also "seen stuff" up there?

[edit on 7-5-2010 by cripmeister]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Chaos, the quote by Cosmonaut Victor Afanasyev is a bit difficult to verify as he wasn't listed as visiting the Solyut 6 in 1979 - I suppose they could have doctored the list though.

"It followed us during half of our orbit. We observed it on the light side, and when we entered the shadow side, it disappeared completely. It was an engineered structure, made from some type of metal, approximately 40 meters long with inner hulls. The object was narrow here and wider here, and inside there were openings. Some places had projections like small wings. The object stayed very close to us. We photographed it, and our photos showed it to be 23 to 28 meters away".

Cosmonaut Victor Afanasyev commenting on a UFO sighting that occurred while en route to the Solyut 6 space station in April of 1979.

Credible UFO Quotes by prominent individuals.

Cheers.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Apart for alien claims, Mithell also claims a teenager from Vancouver "remote healed" his cancer from a distance.
And that's completely impossible why? Lets say it is impossible, and Edgar really said that, perhaps he was trying alternate methods of treatment, and his cancer just so happened to get better when he was trying remote healing, thus leading him to believe that's what did the trick? You skeptics simply latch onto every little statement these people make, if it paints them in a bad light...call him a kook all you want, but I'm estimating there's a 99% chance you'll never achieve as much as Dr. Edgar, and never match his level of intelligence.

So we should believe his alien claims.. why? because he rode a rocket into space? Sorry, but even astronauts can be cuckoos.
No, we should believe him because his testimony corroborates with 5 other astronauts, hundreds of highly intelligent and respected people, and millions of average joes. Are you saying every single person that has claimed there is an Alien presence on Earth is either crazy, a liar, or misinformed? Are you telling me not even one out of the millions is telling the truth? I don't think so...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

The accounts of astronauts viewing unknown technology are one of the strongest cases in support of the reality of the UFO phenomenon. That cannot be denied.

But using it as a weapon to bash “skeptics”?

You need to refine your interpretation of skeptic as you appear to be generalising.

I am a skeptic, but I wholeheartedly believe that we have been visited.

I base this opinion on professional witnesses and accounts such as the subject of this thread.

I will, however, strongly question the wilder, completely unsubstantiated claims of alien Federations and channelled messages etc. What we need to fully understand UFOs – and ultimately understand them – is solid, reliable reports.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
There are many threads bashing skeptics. No need to start a new one.

Please add to one of the following ones:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Search results for more threads on bashing skeptics and/or debate between skeptics/believers.

Thread closed.

[edit on May 7th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

top topics

join