It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

freemason watch

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
rofl fruits of masonry. ROFL. what are you talking about youre little calculations!? haha

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
YAWN....................

wow, really insightfull, you're making great contributions, dont know what we would do without you.

[edit on 6/15/04 by Khonsu]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally Posted by Alex- I myself am only interested in you allowing those who want to join to do so without verbal molestation.

Oh I don't have a problem with anyone joning the Masons, more power to them, if they do.

Originally posted by theron dunn.- I just have one question why all the animosity?

I didn't reallize I sounded animasonory, its just that everyone refutes everything thats in Pikes book Morals and Dogma and everywhere else. Its kind of confusing like listening to two canidates for President . You might call me anti-anti-Masonary

[edit on 16-6-2004 by TgSoe]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
its just that everyone refutes everything thats in Pikes book Morals and Dogma and everywhere else. Its kind of confusing like listening to two canidates for President . You might call me anti-anti-Masonary

No, you've got that wrong. We don't refute what's in Morals and Dogma -- at least I don't. What we do is refute lies being spread about Morals and Dogma. It's a popular target for people who want to take quotes out of context, or who want to make quotes up out of whole cloth, because they assume that people will be unwilling to read it, and they believe the mistruth that it is a hard book to read. This isn't so, of course... it's a cracking good read, I've read it, and it's not tough, after the first few chapters.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally Posted by Alex- I myself am only interested in you allowing those who want to join to do so without verbal molestation.

Oh I don't have a problem with anyone joning the Masons, more power to them, if they do.

TgSoe, didn't you contemplate joining Masonry not long ago? Or, amy I thinking of someone else?

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Verbal harassment, the man said... I have been harassed far beyond the bounds of patience by men that call themselves Christian, and send some of the most hateful, spiteful, means spirited emails, phone calls, letters, digital attacks and generally evil actions.

If I were not christian, I can tell you that these attacks would certainly not convince me in any way to a) leave the lodge or b) become a christian.

What are these critics thinking? That a man wouldn't know what he joined? That these outsiders, with their hate burning bright might know more about masonry than I? Or that these paranoid semi literates that post attacks against masonry based on innuendo and unsubstantiated accusations will get me to slap my forehead and say: Oh, poop, they're right? What am I doing?

Most masonic critics can barely string two words together, and if it were not for control c and control v, they would be unable to make a post at all, for the most part.

You want to talk about harassment??

The only reason I spend so much time arguing with the likes of Washum, Kunk, Gentry, WD Smith, Berry, Neo, St. John the Sublime Reformer et al is to show folks that do not know any better what the real truth is... and three years later, I can tell you that other than all t he harassment I get, I am succeeding... I know of at least 20 men that have joined the fraternity as a result of my efforts, and god alone knows how many MORE have joined that I do not even know of...

The harassment is worth it... for every hateful, stupid, arrogant, nasty, mean lie and fraud that these folks commit just further goes to support my position that Masons are good, true, honorable, upright men of high integrity.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by theron dunn
Verbal harassment, the man said... I have been harassed far beyond the bounds of patience by men that call themselves Christian, and send some of the most hateful, spiteful, means spirited emails, phone calls, letters, digital attacks and generally evil actions.

If I were not christian, I can tell you that these attacks would certainly not convince me in any way to a) leave the lodge or b) become a christian.

What are these critics thinking? That a man wouldn't know what he joined? That these outsiders, with their hate burning bright might know more about masonry than I? Or that these paranoid semi literates that post attacks against masonry based on innuendo and unsubstantiated accusations will get me to slap my forehead and say: Oh, poop, they're right? What am I doing?

Most masonic critics can barely string two words together, and if it were not for control c and control v, they would be unable to make a post at all, for the most part.

You want to talk about harassment??

The only reason I spend so much time arguing with the likes of Washum, Kunk, Gentry, WD Smith, Berry, Neo, St. John the Sublime Reformer et al is to show folks that do not know any better what the real truth is... and three years later, I can tell you that other than all t he harassment I get, I am succeeding... I know of at least 20 men that have joined the fraternity as a result of my efforts, and god alone knows how many MORE have joined that I do not even know of...

The harassment is worth it... for every hateful, stupid, arrogant, nasty, mean lie and fraud that these folks commit just further goes to support my position that Masons are good, true, honorable, upright men of high integrity.

Here. here. As the starter of this post I am not surprised with the comments that have been made by people who hate Freemasonry and the principles that it stand for, Brotherly love, relief and truth. I am happy that the majority of people who have posted on this board are fair minded. In the end the good will win and evil will be defeated.

Brother Gerard P/M 1316 Dunedin Caritas

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

TgSoe, didn't you contemplate joining Masonry not long ago? Or, amy I thinking of someone else?

Yes, I still am thinking about it and studying diligently. For me its a time issue there are so many funtions to attend in every day life already that I just hate to add any more. I have nothing against the Masons.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Quote: "meaning adversary to the church".

Has it ever Occured to you that the So Called Church (as well as "Government") - has always been the Enemy of Free Speech &
Free Thought & Liberty & Science? Has it ever Occured to you that the "Pope" Hijacked "Christianity" much in the same way the Current Terrorists are Hijacking "Islam"? I don't know about you but I don't think the "Holy Inquisition" was very Holy or Christian.

Here is a quick History Lession:

Roman Catholic Church Condemned Freedom of Religion, Conscience, Speech, Press, and Scientific Discoveries which are disapproved by the Roman Church; reasserted the Pope's temporal authority over all civil rulers.

As shocking and unbelievable as it may seem, many Popes were guilty of committing nearly every crime in the catalog of sin including rape,
adultery, fornication, incest, murder, assassinations, robbery, conspiracy, bribery, fraud, perjury, and the purchase of the papacy with money.
The corruption and gross immorality of twenty-nine Popes was flagrant.

-AD UNIVERSI TERRARUM ORBIS SUMMI ARCHITECTI GLORIAM

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I just read all the way thru the "emulation" section of freemasonrywatch.org and all I can say is I am not impressed. I decided that since I am really leaning toward the Mason's side of the argument, I should take some time to really absorb what the anti's had to say. I am planning to finish reading all the info on the site, but I don't forsee any change in my opinion... it seemed to me to be chock full of quotes and one liners taken out of context and instances of INDIVIDUAL Masons who were caught in some kind of scandal or something thereby rendering the whole fraternity evil and immoral. Hogwash IMHO. For every Mason that site brings up that was guilty of wrong-doing I'm sure there are thousands of good men of good character that promote and live by the moral code of the fraternity.

P.S. MrNECROS, I am not a Mason, as you seem to think, but thanks to you and people like you I came here to learn about all the evils of Freemasonry and in fact have come to the decision that you are dead wrong. Thanks for making it easy for me. Your site is one of the main reasons I started asking questions. Now I must be a Mason, seeing as how I agree with them about the fact that their fraternity is not an evil conspiratorial organization bent on world domination, is that it? Get a grip.

[edit on 7/20/04 by The Axeman]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The funniest thing about the site, other than the deadly seriousness with which they take themselves, is that they are apparently clueless about the benefit they bring to Masonry. The plain fact is that I know many men that have decided to JOIN masonry after reading the twaddle posted on that site.

It is so blatantly ridiculous to anyone reading it that men have said: well, if THIS is the level of representation, honesty and integrity that masonic critics bring to the table, what Masons say MUST be true. Then they join.

I mean, really, we couldn't have come up with a better RECRUITING tool than masonic critics. The moral, social, spiritual and intellectual bankruptcy of their position(s) is laughable... like watching a three stooges movie. They don't realize how stupid they look, which makes what they do even funnier...

Its sad, really, that some folks lead such a morally bankrupt life that they must attempt, pathetically, to destroy or defame what is good, honorable, faithful and serviceable to man before god...

I have bee defamed by those on that site, you can find my name prominently mentioned as Brother Theron Dunn, PhD, Dr. Dunn, Brother R. Theron Dunn, PhD and other variations, because I have been instrumental for three years now in exposing those cockroaches to the light of day. It was I who discovered the names of the hosts of that site, and published it (Jocelyn Savage, by the way was the host of that site), only to see them kick FW off their service. Jocelyn is an acolyte of David (Lizard Boy) Icke, and being exposed to scrutiny didn't suit her. That is why FW is the pale remnant that it once was.

They serve their purpose, as does Satan, as tools. If nothing else, the serve as good examples of what NOT to do with your life, and of the goodness of Masonry...

A man (fellowship) is known as much by its friends and supporters as by its enemies. Freemasonry is opposed by CMB, Al Quaeda, Bin Ladin and FW... it is supported by John Wayne, Red Skelton, George Washington, Black Jack Pershing, Paul Revere, Douglas MacArthur and others... our friends are awesome, and our "enemies" despised and revileld by all thinking people.

i wish them a long and healthy life on the internet... they serve Masonry well.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Khonsu

We don't recruit we aren't allowed to invite anyone to join Masonry, people must inquire about joining on their own free will. Those that Masonry is for will find it, those that it's not wont. Additionally everything is not secret, we and our lodges are very visible. Our lodge meeting times and locations as well as public activities are listed all over the internet. If one is looking for Masons, we are extremely easy to find.

I am sorry but that is a bald faced lie.. I have said it before and I will state it again.. My husband was invited by not one but two different masons on totally seperate occasions and places.

If it was a nono then you sure have alot of people going against your rules.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I am sorry but that is a bald faced lie.. I have said it before and I will state it again.. My husband was invited by not one but two different masons on totally seperate occasions and places.

Boy, that sure is alot!!!
Sounds to me like two people going against the rules.

Not very solid to be calling someone a bold faced liar.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

We don't recruit we aren't allowed to invite anyone to join Masonry, people must inquire about joining on their own free will. Those that Masonry is for will find it, those that it's not wont. Additionally everything is not secret, we and our lodges are very visible. Our lodge meeting times and locations as well as public activities are listed all over the internet. If one is looking for Masons, we are extremely easy to find.

I obviously can't speak on this as I was not there and do not know of it first hand. However I know what rules we are to live and abide by and I trust that all brethren of the craft do so. So it is not a "bald face lie" as you put it those are simply the rules. Perhaps your husband inquired about joining previously, or perhaps they simply invited him to an open house. Again I wasn't there so I cant speak on it, never-the-less the rules are the rules and thats all I stated.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

We don't recruit we aren't allowed to invite anyone to join Masonry, people must inquire about joining on their own free will.

I obviously can't speak on this as I was not there and do not know of it first hand.

I think that there is a crossed line here.
Some masonic organisations and some areas of UGLE recognised freemasonry, can recruit.

In the UK we are allowed to invite people. So it's all a question of geography. Not only that, but there are many different types of freemasonry. Not all recognise each other, but they still come under the same word in the dictionary. Some invite, some don't.

Khonsu is not lying when he states that the freemasonry he knows does not invite. In his Order and in his part of the world, they probably do not.

NephraTari: it would be interesting to know if your husband was asked to join what UGLE refers to as "regular freemasonry", and if he was - where?

[edit on 21-7-2004 by Leveller]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
What would happen to a Mason in a non-inviting jurasdiction if the lodge found out he invited someone? Would he be blackballed or just scolded or what? I am pretty sure there are Masonic laws and as such, Masonic trials(help me out guys, I don't know for sure). Is there a sort of "Masonic judicial system" to uphold your rules and by-laws, should they be violated? Are there different kinds of punitive actions or is it like, an "If you screw up you're out" kind of thing? Sorry so many questions... just curious.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Its really quite circumstantial. From my experience and perspective (A.F.A.M Egiptian Rite U.S.) it has not happend. Everyone that has come into our lodge has come of their own free will and accord. When you are interviewed you are asked why you want to join Freemasonry, if ones answer was something to the tune of "well Bro. So and So invited me to join, you wouldn't be admitted. Later the WM, JW, SW, or whoever else was present at that interview would then ask that Brother if in fact he did so. If he admits this, then it all comes down to how the WM wants to deal with it. Several factors could come into play, most importantly that Brothers standing in the lodge. If this event is viewed serious enough, it could go to a Masonic trial where the brother could be found guilty and suspended, fined, or have to face other penalties. But this is unlikely being his 1st offense, again its circumstantial. Most likely he would be given a good talking to, but then again, who knows.

[edit on 7/21/04 by Khonsu]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
What would happen to a Mason in a non-inviting jurasdiction if the lodge found out he invited someone? Would he be blackballed or just scolded or what?

In my jurisdiction, he would probably be taken aside privately by the Master, and reminded that soliciting is unmasonic. If it occured again, charges would probably be filed. It's ok to talk to friends about Masonry and answer questions; the taboo is actually inviting someone to join.

The main reason for this rule is that no Mason can really invite anybody (even where solicitation is "allowed"). This is because a Mason cannot guarantee a non-Mason that he will be elected to membership.

I am pretty sure there are Masonic laws and as such, Masonic trials(help me out guys, I don't know for sure). Is there a sort of "Masonic judicial system" to uphold your rules and by-laws, should they be violated? Are there different kinds of punitive actions or is it like, an "If you screw up you're out" kind of thing? Sorry so many questions... just curious.

Each Grand Lodge has its own Constitution, and each individual Lodge has its own set of by-laws, both of which must be followed.

If a Brother is accused of unmasonic conduct, he may either plead guilty or not guilty. If he pleads guilty, the Master will call upon the Lodge to vote on the punishment, which may either be censure, suspension, or expulsion.

If the accused pleads not guilty, a trial is held. The Junior Warden of the Lodge acts as prosecutor; the accused Brother may choose a Brother to defend him, or he may defend himself. After all testimony is given, the Lodge will vote guilty or not guilty, by majority ballot. If guilty, the punishment is then decided.

Any Brother convicted of a Masonic offense may appeal to the Grand Lodge, who acts in this capacity as a supreme court.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

The main reason for this rule is that no Mason can really invite anybody (even where solicitation is "allowed"). This is because a Mason cannot guarantee a non-Mason that he will be elected to membership.

ML. We do not invite people to become masons. We invite them to begin the process of becoming a mason.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Can you guys give some examples of things that would cause this to happen? I mean I know the obvious things, but what are some things that would constitute a Masonic trial? I swear I get more and more interested every day! Thanks guys.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join