It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

freemason watch

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Here you go Alex.

www.uglnsw.freemasonry.org.au...

This is the email of the Lodge he is claiming to be a member of. His profile says he's in Australia. I reckon you'll be wasting your time though.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
To all the brethren beware I think we have a troll/cowan on this board in the name of Daniel Brown. He does not appear to have the basic knowledge of masonary particularly the word in the Holy Royal Arch degree. If he is a mason then please accept my apology but I hae my doubts.

Brother Gerard PM 1316 Dunedin Caritas, PZ Journeyman masons 417, PTIM and PWCN 417 Cryptic Council and Lodge and Council, past preceptor St JohnCanongate Kilwinning Preceptory NO.20. All Scottish constitution

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Alas AK, Mr. (yes I said Mr.) Brown is no more than the rat I made him out to be, one needs to look no further than his own website. The self proclaimed �Bro. Daniel Brown Most Worshipful Moderator�, lends suspicion enough, but why an invitation only forum? The question that looms even larger is the rather pretentious title assumed by Mr. Brown; How do the Grand Masters (present and past) of your Grand Lodge feel about sharing MW status with one as [sic] august and worthy as you? The further exposure of Mr. Brown, and his less than Square, Level, and Upright bearing is contained within this post. To prevent any revisionist interference I�ll preserve the evidence of Mr. Brown�s fidelity to the Craft.

Originally posted by Decretal

Originally posted by Leveller

Sorry dude. But you're wrong.
When you become a freemason you're specifically told that your family and your country come before any allegiance to masonry.
I don't know what you've read that says otherwise but it ain't the truth.

Actually you're quite wrong... I have here in front of me my book of guidelines to freemasonry as I myself am of a significantly high rank. Under the Charges of a Freemason: Chapter VI: Section 5: Paragraph 1; it documents the concerns of the Lodge come before family and social activity, your comment on ones patriotism towards his country, under the Chrages of a Freemason: Chapter II: Paragraph 1: Sentence 2; "He is to uphold the interest of the community , and zealosy to promote the prosperity of his own country". Therefore, a mason is obligated by the lodge to treat both the lodge and interests of the community as well as his country as equals. Decretal.

The continued rant of Rank is� rank, one of such rank(?) would not misrepresent The Charges, nor would he be so careless in the representation of said text. I further question your choice of signing your posts (and website), in all the years of Masonic correspondence, whether official in nature or a quick note from my Grandfather, the use of �Regards� escapes my recollection. The most commonly used are FY, YIF, FH&C. In conclusion, the mere assumption of the identity of �Decretal�, (A decree, especially a papal letter giving a decision on a point or question of canon law) is suspect. The evidence is overwhelming, Mr. Brown, you are not what you purport to be, as I said, try again, we�ll be waiting.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
MM, good detective work!!!
Now, might we guess that since his website/forum is by invitation only, her may be trolling here to get out some invitations? He only has thirteen members, so that doesn't makfe for much lively discussions.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Alas AK, Mr. (yes I said Mr.) Brown is no more than the rat I made him out to be
[...]

Originally posted by Decretal

[...]

Actually you're quite wrong... I have here in front of me my book of guidelines to freemasonry as I myself am of a significantly high rank.

Well, I wholeheartedly agree. No Mason would ever talk like this. I've never known of any Grand Lodge officer, for example, to refer to himself as "high-ranking." And the sheer arrogance it takes to refer to oneself in such terms, in utter seriousness, is completely opposed to the egalitarian principles of Freemasonry. My judgement, too, is "fraud."

P.S., He also betrays an ignorance of the way the Ancient Charges are usually laid out. They're not laid out by chapter... each charge is treated as an individual and atomic Article.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
One of the things I've found interesting about the site are the pictures on the front page. Particularly this image >>

Notice the red star with the circle around it. Commonly associated with Satan or Lucifer. Just found that picture interesting.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by oconnection]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection

Notice the red star with the circle around it. Commonly associated with Satan or Lucifer. Just found that picture interesting.

Ornaments of a Lodge are the Mosaic Pavement (checkerboard floor), The Indented Tessel (saw tooth and blue knot work, it's usually gold braid/tassels), and the Blazing Star (self explanatory). The Blazing Star represents hieroglyphically, Divine Providence. These items are (along with the treats of a Lodge, it's Forms, Supports, Covering, Furniture, Ornaments, Lights, and Jewels), are described in the First Degree Lecture (this excerpt is Monitorial, or in other words, not secret). As these objects are part of any well governed Lodge of Masons, it would be ludicrous to assume some overt, or hidden meaning. Any inference that the symbols of Freemasonry are Satanic are the poorly formed misconception of the ignorant.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Wow that's a lot of long words you�re using there. While I understood what you were saying was it really necessary. I felt like I was reading a Dawson's Creek script.

I was simply commenting on the image & that it seemed interesting. So what you�re saying is that either Satanism use of this symbol isn�t a bad thing at all. Or you are saying that this symbol is used completely different then that of Satanism?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Basically when it comes to symbols remember one thing, many different cultures, groups, organizations and people have used many of the same symbols all over the globe for thousands of years, each applying their own meaning to them. Thus simply because Satanists decide to use a certain symbol to convey a specfic concept or thought doesnt mean that everywhere you see this symbol that is the concept and thought that is to be taken from it, as some other group may have scribed it with a totally different meaning in mind. Further more no symbols in freemasonry have anything to do with satanism or anything satanic just for the record and the sake of clarity. The swatstica which the regime of Hitler used for instance now has a negative conotation because of the actions they carried out under it, its viewed as a sign of anti-semetism, however the original symbol which hiter adopted his from goes back thousands of years and has a totally different meaning, this is the same for the Cross, the Star of David, and the self consuming snake ( i forget the proper name for it at the moment).

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Wow that's a lot of long words you�re using there...felt like I was reading a Dawson's Creek script...So what you�re saying is that either Satanism use of this symbol isn�t a bad thing at all. Or you are saying that this symbol is used completely different then that of Satanism?

I must confess, I had to Google Dawson's Creek to find out what it was, the thought that a brief Masonic dissertation could bear any resemblance to the script of a show about budding adolescence is amusing to say the least, but I digress... The point of my post was to inform the uninitiated as to the less than odious meaning of the Blazing Star; as previously posted, simply Divine Providence ( Heavenly; perfect, emanating from God + Foresight; care; especially, the foresight and care which God manifests for his creatures; hence, God himself, regarded as exercising a constant wise prescience), sorry, it's the best I can do.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Wow you must be an old fellow if you didn't know about Dawson�s Creek. It was more of a joke then trying to compare freemason with something. If you watched Dawson's Creek you would know that it was very odd for high school students to speak with such a large & diverse vocabulary. But I don't blame you for not watching it was a rather shallow of a show (sorry Dawson Creek fans)

My question is this. If the star is a symbol for God then why is it that Masonry uses a more occultic symbol? Why would Masonry choose a symbol that is a well known Luciferian & Satanist symbol? This I find odd, perhaps you are referring to a different God then most people are referring to.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

My question is this. If the star is a symbol for God then why is it that Masonry uses a more occultic symbol? Why would Masonry choose a symbol that is a well known Luciferian & Satanist symbol? This I find odd, perhaps you are referring to a different God then most people are referring to.

What symbol are you referring to? Sorry, but I can't get the graphic you posted to load.

Fiat Lvx.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The star with a cycle around it, the pentagram.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
read my post above regarding symbols, your answer is there.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Wow you must be an old fellow if you didn't know about Dawson�s Creek... If the star is a symbol for God then why is it that Masonry uses a more occultic symbol? Why would Masonry choose a symbol that is a well known Luciferian & Satanist symbol? This I find odd, perhaps you are referring to a different God then most people are referring to.

Now that I've been relegated to the actuarial dung heap (along with the aforementioned Dawson's Creek), I can now post with impunity (perhaps this is the safe environ that MrNECROS operates from?). There may be a chicken, and the egg situation here, maybe the Occult has burrowed a few symbols from Masonry? Only ML knows for sure, and I'm positive that the Light from our esteemed scholar is soon to radiate upon all. As to which God? Same one much to the dismay of our frequent detractors... Big "G", little "o", little "d". Forty seemed so young until moments ago...

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
With Masonry many references to Lucifer I think the symbol can clearly be identified with what it is commonly associated with. But then again what do I know.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The star with a cycle around it, the pentagram.

The Pentagram is a symbol of Pythagorean philosophy, and was also used by the Platonic school. It has nothing to do with satanism in the odious sense.
The symbol is elemental. The four lower points refer to the four material elements known to the ancient Greeks (earth, air, fire, water). The top upmost point refers to the transcendental element of Spirit, which is the root of the other four.
The inverted Pentagram has in recent times been identified with satan, but most people do not understand why. According to the Ancient Mysteries, of which Greek philosophy was the Child, the �evil� Pentagram (upside down) is the symbol of non-initiates. It is considered �evil� because it is materialistic. When the Pentagram is inverted, we see Spirit (the single point) being dominated by matter (the material elements). Furthermore, its shape resembles a goat, which is Pan, representing the animalistic nature in man.
The purpose of initiation is to perfect morality and virtue. The natural man (symbolized by the inverted Pentagram) must learn to exalt Spirit above the material. When he has done this, he is entitled to the title of Adept, and is symbolized by the Pentagram of Light (with one point upwards). Just as the inverted Pentagram represents Pan the Goat of Mendes (our animalistic nature), the upright Pentagram of the Initiate represents Man with his arms stretched to the heavens, having received enlightenment.
When the Church of Satan was formed in the 1960�s by a group of materialistic atheists led by Anton La Vey, they adopted the inverted Pentagram as their official symbol to show their disdain for anything �spiritual�. Initiation is thus the exact opposite of satanism.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Some very interesting information. I've always understood Satanism is the evil side of spirituality. Can you further explain to me how you can see Satanist as non-spiritual when they are heavily involved in black magic & other dark practices? Doesn't this qualify that as being spiritual?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Greetings,
I apologise for any confusion or mayhem that I may have caused - this itself deserves its own thread, all questions will be answered in 'Comments on Decretal'. Thank you for your time.

Regards, (yes MM, I said it)
Bro. Daniel Brown

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Decretal]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I have to travel Gosford way at some point before the end of September - I'll see if I can make it around the second Wednesday!

I have inadvertently broken some taboos in hilarious fashion around NSW and Qld Lodges.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join