It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most *damning* climate report I've ever read FROM 1897!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
But, the article was written in 1897 before they understood that the weather fluxuated so frequently on the order of centuries.

Listen, I've never been to Greenland and I haven't studied paleontology or paleobotony. However, I'm willing to bet that when Greenland was "green and lush," it was not located where it is today. Continental drift of course eventually leads to continents being in new places and slamming parts into other parts and so forth. I doubt there were tropical plants near the poles, maybe a warmer climate would allow boreal forrests and artic scrub to exist further north and south than today.

As far as the Vikings, I thought proof was already found that there was a warm period during that time.

I just don't see how this disproves health effects and natural reprocussions from man-made pollution.

The earth's finite...if chicken little goes nuts and the people don't want to listen, nothing horrible may even happen in the next 100 years, but if we keep going exponentially as we are, I don't think it is a stretch of logic to say that things will start to be totally exhausted, especially realizing as far as living creatures go, this is the case now.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

They named it Greenland to throw people off of Iceland. Greenland was icy and iceland was a comparable paradise and quite smaller so the Vikings named both islands as they did to keep Iceland a sort of secret. A viking conspiracy if you will.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This might sound really stupid, but I'm just gonna lay it out there, cause it's Wednesday. Could this be from a flip? I mean when they discuss pole flipping it isn't really the earth "flipping", but, could it have in the past.
Whew maybe I should lay off the coffee, and go stand in a corner somewhere and hide my face.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Yes, but continental drift is different than climate change. You can deny pollution has any role in climate change, but the historical record says that it can and does happen (as you have proved). Why, then, people do not want to consider it is confusing to me. If climate change continues and the oceans rise, I'm sure that we cannot escape a billion or more refugees from Bangladesh to the Netherlands. But the best real estate is on the beach, so screw the little turtles and ignore the storm surge.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join