It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Spill: Are We Being Hoaxed and Manipulated Toward an Agenda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It appears to me that we are being bombarded by a mish mash of information that is neither consistent nor reasonable. We are being given mathematical equations that do not add up according to the amount of oil that is being released.

On one hand we are being led to "end of the food chain" conclusions, and yet, we are not really seeing actual physical evidence of this. Various people from the edges of the gulf have reported no oil on the shorelines. We have dead turtles that have no explanation except that it is not attributed to the oil spill.

Some people here at ATS suspect that it is worse than what we are being told, and yet reports in other forums and news comments from people in those areas are reporting no visible signs of great catastrophe.

Are we being hoaxed? Are we being manipulated? Is there an agenda behind all of this inconsistent information? How many days has it been now? Shouldn't we have more visible signs to substantiate the information we are receiving? Do you think that things are "just not adding up"?

These stories are custom-made for the media and the strength of their emotional impact should not be under-estimated.

For better or worse, catastrophe is a prime motivator of change and action.

But this latest disaster could be a game changer. The balance may be shifting.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Could this be something more than what it is being billed as? Could this "event" be something carefully orchestrated in order to align people toward the green movement in a rapid way and mask the economic collapse? Will this be used as a deflection as being the cause of the onset of another 'great depression'?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Me thinks it's odd that our president goes radical against his own policies about offshore drilling the we have this problem. Also every man made created problem birth's solutions that were hidden before. So yes there's an agenda. And here it is.

Sen. Bill Nelson, a Democrat, also introduced a bill to stop the Obama administration from moving forward with a plan to expand offshore oil drilling to the area of the Outer Continental Shelf. Stop it now!

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger withdrew his support Monday for a controversial new offshore oil drilling project off the Santa Barbara coast in the wake of a massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.California

So yes there was an agenda and yes once again it is being shoved down our throats.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I think if the concrete dome works, we've been duped. But pictures are coming out of the Gulf suggesting otherwise.

And CNN had a reporter on a boat on the outer islands, the red goo is really creepy.

Red goo is deliberately designed and released destructive nanotechnology, as opposed to accidentally created grey goo. We are more concerned about red goo than grey goo which is less likely to occur.

lifeboat.com...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I can't really see it being a hoax.

They have gone out of their way to ignore it, cover it up, minimize it's importance, and focus on lesser trivial issues instead.

Why would the most powerful and dominant industry on Earth "Big Oil" create a hoax to make you want to stop using oil now?

And what is wrong with quitting our pollutive ways?

If you think oil does not create massive pollution you are blind and totally brainwashed by right-winger drivel.

Look I am typically conservative on most issues, pretty hard core. But when it comes to the environment I want to have a nice home to live in ok? I take chemical spills seriously and condemn them vehemently.

Why? Because I make no profit or wealth from this.

Maybe if they shared those profits for destroying the Earth, I would not be so pissed.

But I am benefiting none from the rape of Earth. I can't even afford to buy any oil or gas. I am barely able to afford food.

Sure, it's not the end of the world, yet.

But this is just one stepping stone towards complete extinction.

Anyone should be able to see that.

This extinction event will rival the Cretaceous–Tertiary extinction event. We just need to screw things up a little bit more.

Give it a few more decades.
A few dozen more major chemical spills, thousands more factories in 3rd world nations with no regulations, and the further burning of the rain forests; and we will have 50%-75% + of life forms on Earth extinct.

To me it is simple math.

This oil spill is limited sure, it is just a stepping stone to our self destruction.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Why would the most powerful and dominant industry on Earth "Big Oil" create a hoax to make you want to stop using oil now?

Agenda 21, Earth Charter, One Green World.....the stage has already been set. Now, it's just a matter of execution. The general public must be emotionally swayed and manipulated to feel that they are guilty for what big corporations have done. It's all a power play.

There have been cleaner energy sources all along. They have been silenced because of the greed of big corporations. Sure, I think we would all like a better non polluting way of life. But this is the system we were born into. We, the little people, have not caused this ourselves, but rather, we have been acclimated into it.

Want to really get to the bottom of things? Look to Rome; look to "the Green Man" of Rossyln Chapel. I think the "over-population" card has been played in previous societies and probably contributed to their demise. I think it may be among the 'missing episodes' of history.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Alethea]

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Alethea]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Thanks for this thread, Alethea.

If this was intentional sabotage, why create a situation that you could not control? Yes, it makes money for Halliburton, but there are always political machinations that must be served simultaneously at this large an event.

TPTB are insane sociopaths, true, but coldly rational. Why have a real disaster when you can orchestrate a simulated disaster that is under your control?

It seems they want to stop drilling.

This could cover for wanting to save the remainders for a later date, to cover for a looming oil shortage (war with Iran cutting off supplies?), an excuse to have the Natl Guard already deployed so as to be used in a false flag relief operation on May 17th, Los Angeles www.abovetopsecret.com... or any number of other things.

Something is definitely not adding up on the official story.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

I think it's interesting that in your link, they call the Operation "Eagle Horizon", Horizon of course being the name of the sunk oil rig.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Sure they could be using this to push their carbon cap and trade stuff.

I won't dismiss that possibility.

But then again, I don't trust anything much anymore at all. Especially Oil Companies.

I believe they have covered up free energy technologies also.

I want to use those technologies like yesterday.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think that if there is an agenda, it is to preserve our domestic oil resources to prevent our middle eastern rivals from using an attrition warfare strategy against us. In this scenario, a war can be won by the side with greater resources.

Rather than come out and say, "People, we need our oil to conquer the middle east and other resource rich areas on planet Earth.", they use an environmental disaster to convince the public to stop using our own resources up. When the military really needs that oil, we will drill Baby drill!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I can't really see it being a hoax.

They have gone out of their way to ignore it, cover it up, minimize it's importance, and focus on lesser trivial issues instead.

In this case, they could be using reverse psychology. The covering up, and/or minimizing the importance of an event, is a tactic they have used often in the past. But this time, they could deliberately be faking in order to make you come to that same conclusion.

Take for instance the "redness of the water". Some say that the color is from the dispersants. Could this actually be a case of something being contrived to appear to be fulfilling bible prophecy of waters turning to blood?

Could this be an agenda to make everyone feel guilty for living in an oil based energy world? Is this designed to incite anger toward people and focus more importance toward wildlife and resources than for human beings? Is this an effort to use people's emotions in order to manipulate them into agreeing that the world is overpopulated, resources are too few, and we are all evil because we are demanding the oil that is killing our planet? Will this lead to the masses agreeing to become accomplices to more of their plots? Is the crowd gently being swayed?

We, the little people, did not do this nor are we responsible for corporate mishaps and lack of safety and planning. However, if the oil spill is not even true....but is an act of trickery....

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Not a hoax.

Regardless of what you want to believe, this unfortunate event in the gulf will be exploited for political gain. But it is pure luck.

Politically it can now be effectively argued that offshore drilling is too risky, so if we can't decrease our dependence on foreign oil then we must decrease our dependence on oil period.

Cap and trade anyone?

Naturally demand is going to only continue to grow, so the only logical way to reduce that demand is to raise the price so high that the demand will drop.

The problem is, we have already seen the snowball effect of higher fuel prices, and it will only serve to make an already bad economy much worse.

Alternative energy is more likely a hoax... It will not happen soon enough.

Eventually what will happen is you are going to be faced with much higher fuel costs.

Those higher fuel costs will be passed on to consumers in much higher costs for nearly everything and that will have an effect on people who are already struggling to get by on shrinking family budgets.... More mortgage failures, bad debt, bankruptcies and in record numbers beyond anything seen yet... more badness... more decline... Ultimately markets crash and it will be unstoppable this time no matter how much money the fed prints.

What we should do is drill more, despite the BP disaster, and we should do it anywhere and everywhere we can... But you know that isn't going to happen now... despite the fact that it will literally mean life or death for the economy.

They couldn't have planned for a better means to demonize oil exploration and drilling... And the timing was incredibly perfect.

Learn to say goodbye to your way of life now, if you haven't already... Things are going to change dramatically over the next 2 to 3 years.

It isn't going to be good.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcrash

If this was intentional sabotage, why create a situation that you could not control?

How do you know it's not "being controlled"?

It might be a Wag the Dog. Is this a Hollywood production? Are the pyrotechnics just the opening scene?

Is it a venture gone awry, or is it all being carefully orchestrated?

TPTB are insane sociopaths, true, but coldly rational. Why have a real disaster when you can orchestrate a simulated disaster that is under your control?

It seems they want to stop drilling.

I think you are absolutely right!

From what I understand, the purpose of the NWO is to balance the global landscape. That means sending the progressive countries back to the dark ages and implementing green solutions in places like Africa, where, btw, religions have gone in and bought large plantations.

Also, isn't word out that *they* have intentions to delete 80% of the population in keeping with the Georgia Guidestones advice for the new millenium?

The other purpose I see behind this is that religions will be setting up their Paradise Compounds that they have promised their followers. The religions have all morphed into interfaith groups now with new names and new umbrellas. They have signed contracts with ARC, which once done, allows them to join WWF in purchasing vast amounts of pristine lands as "stewards of the earth" to preserve nature. Once they are a part of WWF, then the IMF comes to the rescue and bankrolls the land and building purchases. Why do they need IMF to bankroll it? Well, because all their $$$ collected through the years is already safely tucked away in off shore accounts.

Next step: the judgement. The religions will be in charge of deciding who is 'worthy' to come live in their Paradise. (Not just worthy; obedient and able-bodied will be requirements.)

Something is definitely not adding up on the official story.

Ya think?

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks
reply to post by jcrash

I think it's interesting that in your link, they call the Operation "Eagle Horizon", Horizon of course being the name of the sunk oil rig.

Further to this, you can go here to download a draft document (which Homeland Security apparently wants back from the webmaster)

publicintelligence.net...

This outlines a FEMA "exercise" called "National Level Exercise 2010" which also apparently links to the "Eagle Horizon" project. Of particular note in the downloadable PDF entitled "19699407272009011351952" (really rolls off the tongue doesn't it?) is page 6 which describes the following:

April 2010: International IND Seminar
April 2010: Principal Level Exercise
May 2010: NLE 201 0 Full-Scale Exercise
June 2010: Eagle Horizon After Action Conference
July 2010: National After Action Conference

This document itself is full of gov speak, double-talk, acronyms galore and so high level and vague that is could be interpreted any number of ways.

Perhaps this is deliberate?

[edit on 12-6-2010 by doggoneit666]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by doggoneit666

Correct Hyperlink:

publicintelligence.net...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have a feeling the oil spill was done on purpose. I don't know the reasons, but some of you have posted some good ideas.

All I know is, they used 9/11 as a stepping stone to get public support of a war that, oh hell is STILL going on today, almost 9 years later.

They will use the oil spill for something. My thinking right now is that they will use it to say "See, you DO need the government to do everything for you. We tried to let a private company (LMAO) clean up their own mess, but they can't be trusted! The government must do everything and regulate everything. Believe us, we're doing it for your own good! Oh...by the way, give us your guns!"

Okay, so I added the last part about the guns, but what better way to create an uproar about companies than have it lead to deaths and destruction like the oil spill already has, and it is only getting worse. Problem is, BP is controlled by the same people that control the government.

To sum it all up, we're basically screwed. Public opinion is gonna be so strong that Obama is gonna try to pass something really suspicious through Congress, and no one will bat an eye. I would also make sure to pay close attention to about everything other than the oil spill, because it could just be a diversion.

I honestly can't remember, but there was something that happened on 9/11 or the following week that wasn't talked about at all. Anybody know what I'm referring to?

EDIT - What's even funnier, I'm sure BP will somehow turn out better in the long run as a result. Maybe we the taxpayers can bail them out afterwards with promises from our trusting government that they will keep a close eye on them

[edit on 12-6-2010 by TheFinalTruth14]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
maybe this? Rumsfeld Says 2.3 Trillion Missing From Pentagon on 9/10/01

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Something is definately not right and i can smell a pig. PERSONS IN GREED. The agenda is clear, WORLD DOMMINANCE. Take control of resources by crippling it, so the stock market crashes and the world goes under. Hence 911 and BP. I believe this is to focus all eyes here so the real agenda goes on somewhere else.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by doggoneit666

I wonder where the 2.3 trill went. I also wonder what it was used for and who took it.

new topics

top topics

join