It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who had problems voting yesterday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
by yesterday I never received my poll card does anyone else think this was all a scam!?
for 2years in a row i haven't received my cards to vote when I am registered.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by prettygreeneyes26

I got no poll card either. I wondered if it was because I took my name off the public version of the register, and they were working from that?

Anyway, apart from the hassle of wandering around trying to find the correct polling station, no other problems.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I'm sure you know this already but you don't need your card to vote. Just go to the nearest polling station and take council tax forms with you and ID.

Saying that though hundreds of people were turned away from the station when it got to 10pm.

you'd think SOMEONE in authority would have said due to unprecedented turn out we will extend voting until XXX O clock!

So what happens now? Peoples right to vote was rejected due to outdated 'rules'.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

seriously that's all i needed to vote oh my god damnit why couldn't they tell us that publically, I even tried the text message service for it and it failed

i feel robbed of my voice and vote for my town

[edit on 7-5-2010 by prettygreeneyes26]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I had no problems voting at all. 07:55 hrs and I was the ninth person to cast my vote.

I know that isn't what conspiracists want to hear, you'd much prefer me to say that I stood in a line for 10 hours, only to have the door slammed in my face ... but reality was completely different ... walked in, handed over my card, voted and walk back out again, all under 5 minutes ... and I'd suspect that was the case for 99.9% of the electorate too.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

I don't think its a conspiracy I just think it is odd that a lot of people didn't get the cards to vote, I am all signed up and no card or most of my friends, its a waste of time if we aren't going to get a vote in

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
There was a huge drive for the past month stating that you must be a registerd voter.
You could easily find a link on the BBC or at DIRECTGOV web-sites.

My self, I walked into the empty village hall and
crossed the box.

....Took me about 20 seconds!

I know a lot of people are angry, but I think a lot of them just left it too late.

Although the local authority/councils are to blame with poor organisation with reguards to limited poll cards at polling stations as well as limited booths.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
No problems for me either, got my polling card weeks ago and went straight in after work, all done in 10 minutes...

Are you certain you are registered Pretty?..do you get other stuff from the council etc. as normal?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by prettygreeneyes26
by yesterday I never received my poll card does anyone else think this was all a scam!?
for 2years in a row i haven't received my cards to vote when I am registered.

You don't need a card to vote. All you need is your name on the electoral register ie you pay your council tax! When you turn up to vote without a card you may need to show id that you are the person at the recorded address.

No scam, no conspiracy.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
You don't need a card to vote. All you need is your name on the electoral register
ie you pay your council tax!

In fact you don't even need the second line.
Electoral registration and council tax have never been connected.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

I know a lot of people are angry, but I think a lot of them just left it too late.

True some may but a friend of ours has to leave home to be at work for 7 so couldn't vote in the morning, was at the polling station at 7pm and joined the queue.... at 10pm he was about 20 people back and the doors were shut...

I can't tell you how spitting angry he was.

last eyar no problem, he went to vote after work and just walked in... as many of us have of the last however many years..

No one expected the turn out we got... but SOMEONE should have taken the initiative and said "OK, shiess has hit the fan lets do something rdical and stay open until 2am and then NEXT year we can change the system"

Have you seen this:

Take Back Parliament

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by prettygreeneyes26
reply to post by yzzyUK

seriously that's all i needed to vote oh my god damnit why couldn't they tell us that publically, I even tried the text message service for it and it failed

i feel robbed of my voice and vote for my town

[edit on 7-5-2010 by prettygreeneyes26]

Sorry
The whole thing was a shambles anyway....

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I also took my name off the public version but got the poll card in time. By 'off public version' I take it you mean that box which you tick to stop your details being available by commencial organisations such as 192.com , etc.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Voting went okay here, I voted without much of a queue or wait.

Dissident Republicans left a carbomb outside the voting hall tho, counting had to be stopped and the building evacuated until they carried out a controled explosion.

Other than that everything went smoothly enough

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I opted out of the public version but still got my voting card - Had no problems giving my vote at 7.45 am

Still cannot get over a pencil to mark my vote though!!!

new topics

top topics

join