It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea Concludes That North Korea Sank Ship, Chosun Says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

South Korea Concludes That North Korea Sank Ship, Chosun Says

www.businessweek.com

May 7 (Bloomberg) -- South Korea has concluded that North Korea sank one of its warships in March close to their disputed border with the loss of 46 lives, Chosun Ilbo newspaper reported.

The finding may hamper a resumption of nuclear disarmament talks with Kim Jong Il’s regime as public ire builds in South Korea, said Kim Yong Hyun, a professor of North Korean studies at Seoul’s Dongguk University.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Confirmation of a North Korean attack may pressure South Korean President Lee Myung Bak to coordinate an international response, shifting focus away from resuming nuclear negotiations. Lee’s office said yesterday there would be no six-party nuclear talks with North Korea until the sinking incident is resolved.

This is the news we have all waiting for. After preliminary investigation had already concluded that it was an external explosion that caused the ship to sink, it is now said that South Korea has definitely concluded that North Korea is behind the attack.

Isn't it very coincidental that Kim Jong Il has just visited Beijing and has 50,000 troops deployed along its southern border? I don't expect a retaliation from South Korea as that would lead to a total war, but it is going to be interesting to see how South Korea will respond to the investigation's outcome.

www.businessweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Well THAT took a long time... when WE KNEW FROM DAY ONE.

Guess what? A ship doesn't fire FOR 15 MINUTES at a bunch of birds.

Nor does it get cut into two piece because it hit a rock.

It was OBVIOUS it was North Korea.

The lastest news from NK : Kim is back, he says he wants a non-nuclear korean peninsula (yeah right) and 50.000 shock troops are on the border ready to take Seoul.

Hopefully China said he should calm down, that SK ain't gonna attack him over the sinking of the ship.

The SK response will probably be a new military doctrine, nothing else.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I loath lil kimmy, he's such a little rat. He's like the mean kid on the playground that nobody is scared of cause he's such a loser so he picks on a kid 5 years younger then him to make himself feel better. He doesn't come off as looking like a tough kid to anybody else only a jerk that needs to be put in his place.

I think everyone knew they sunk it, we're all just waiting around to see if SK will do anything about it. At least come out saying your not going to treat us like that on tv or SOMETHING.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
shock and some real awe and nk will fold.

what is china gonna do? lol, last thing they need is a war.

too much invested in the us.

time to drop this proxy bs.

kji elvis wannabe is as good as dead.

get it over with, tell em we are coming and your people better jump off cliffs

first strike. game over.

ya, war monger i is.

i don't know, ya think shaka khan had a 6 way talk for more than 20 secs?
lol, you know who i mean.

turn on the food, drop rice at the border, drop radio's with radio free europe, lol.

cut off his supply of knock off booze, dvd's, chinese hookers.

didn't we throw a cruise missile through kadafi's window?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
With the movements in the markets, this announcement comes as no suprise.. I'm a firm believer that once the markets start moving downwards will be the time we move closer to a major conflict..

I just hope it amounts to nothing... yet it seems to be ramping up towards a conflict.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Snippet from story in the Chosun Ilbo released just 40 minutes ago.....

"Investigators have apparently discovered pieces of a propeller from a torpedo, which could provide valuable clues to exactly what caused the Navy corvette Cheonan to sink on March 26".

"In a search using fishing trawlers, we recently discovered pieces of debris that are believed to have come from the propeller of the torpedo that attacked the Cheonan," a high-ranking government source said Monday. "Analysis of the debris shows it may have originated from China or a former Eastern-bloc country like the former Soviet Union."

www.reuters.com...

english.chosun.com...

[edit on 17-5-2010 by freetree64]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The conspiracist in me thinks a false flag is afoot. As much as I don't like or trust lil kimmy the fact that the always claim what they do and yet denied sinking this ship is suspect to another party having involvement to insight a war.

Would a US torpedo be a suprise? Or other?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Look's like they are up to some bad business, or is it good business?

I imagine Israel's not gonna be pleased with this news if verified.... and with Thursday's announcement by South Korea on the sinking evidence, this is gonna be big news.... if the MSM covers it, that is...

"N. Korea Agrees to Syria's Shipment of Scud Missiles to Hezbollah: Sankei Shimbun
"A Japanese daily reports North Korea has agreed to Syria's shipment of long-range Scud missiles to the militant Lebanese Shiite group Hezbollah.
Syria is reportedly obliged to receive approval from North Korea the technology provider when handing over missiles to a third party.
Citing unidentified North Korean sources Japan's Sankei Shimbun says the North Korean embassy in Syria said it has "no intention to object to Syria's transfer of Scud missiles to Hezbollah."
The daily speculates that the model Syria plans to provide the Lebanese militant group with is the Scud D with a range of 700 kilometers".

Reporter : [email protected]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Story from: donga-a ilbo at donga.com

Look's like everybody's getting on the same page, now what will be the result, one wonders....

Asahi: FM Yu Told Japan `NK Sank Cheonan`

MAY 18, 2010 04:42
South Korean Foreign Minister Yu Myung-hwan told Japan that a North Korean torpedo sank the South’s naval vessel Cheonan, a major Japanese daily said Monday.

The Asahi Shimbun quoted Yu as telling Japanese Foreign Minister Katsuya Okada, “We have strong circumstantial evidence that (the sinking) was caused by a North Korean torpedo.” Yu was briefing Okada on the probe into the sinking at a meeting of foreign ministers from South Korea, China and Japan Sunday in Gyeongju, North Gyeongsang Province.

Yu also urged Okada to agree that the sinking was caused by a North Korean attack, for Tokyo to reinforce sanctions on the North, and urge bilateral efforts in cooperation at the U.N. Security Council.

In response, Okada said, “Japan supports South Korea and will spare no efforts in cooperation as required,” adding Tokyo is already imposing thorough sanctions on Pyongyang.

Asahi said that since Washington is also moving to conclude that the sinking was caused by the North, a dispute could erupt between South Korea, the U.S. and Japan and China, which is reluctant to get tough on North Korea.

A diplomatic source in Seoul said Yu mentioned the sinking under the assumption of “if the North was involved” in a trilateral foreign ministers’ meeting Saturday ahead of the Seoul-Tokyo foreign ministers’ talks.

China, however, maintained its earlier stance of not commenting on a hypothetical situation. Japan said it will wait for the results of the probe into the sinking.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I guess im just totally taken back at all this.

Not because it happened but because of the reaction.

What do you think would happen if another nation sunk one of our NAVY ships?

thats right "Mother nature" would wet her pantsuit.

They have the ability they just dont have the back bone.

Its sad tho, that this man can be allowed to pick on other countries like this and NOTHING is done about it.

SOMETHING should be done......and im not talking sanctions......its time for LiL Kim to be put in his place

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I hate to sound like a warmonger, really folks. And I fully understand the ramifications of an all out war between the north and the south. However I am of the opinion, that South Korea has every right to react to this militarily and the lives of those sailors that died deserve to be avenged.

Think about ... If this happened to Israel they would have nuked half the middle east by now. If it would have happened to the U.S we would already be occupying the country, and so the viscous circle ensues.

Ole Kimmy is an oppressive whack job that needs taken out of power and all those that supported him. I've said it before and I know countless others here have said the same thing. North Korea is the country that we should have been dealing with not Iraq.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

Doesn't make you a warmonger, it's an expected response to the alleged, and it seem's highly likely scenario, that North Korea used military force to kill South Korean sailors, and I agree with you, a response would be expected. however, it seem's there is a lot at play on this particular chess board, and until all the piece's are in place, we may not see a checkmate move for some time. although one is definitely warranted.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
More news....

www.forbes.com...

www.csmonitor.com...

[edit on 17-5-2010 by freetree64]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Told ya thing's was gonna heat up a bit... it's all over the MSM just like I said the other night, wait till Thursday.... it's gonna get real interesting

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Well this should be interesting. I wonder what retaliation the South will do if any. More than likely they will get the U.N. to fix the problem. Kim really needs to start thinking about life a little harder. Would be very nice for the N Korean people to overthrow him about now, but they are starving and it is a bit hard to build a resistance when you are brainwashed and hungry.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Well, I for one don't want to South Korea take the aggressive approach. Everyone is looking for a fight on someone else's doorstep.

North Korea and the US seem to be hell bent on starting something with each other. Unfortunately, South Korea has to be in the middle of it

I was born in South Korea, and frankly, I'd like to have the chance to go back there soon. So obviously I don't want to see it all "blowed up". I have family there that I don't know. I have a friend and her family who live there. I don't want them to get blown up either.

If you have no personal ties to a place, it's easy to just see it as a pawn in a chess game.

And unfortunately I think that's how a lot of people view South Korea.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
That's exactly my point too.

Nobody has got any BALLS left in the World now, North Korea sinks a South Korean Naval Vessel with big loss of life and NOTHING is done about it, diddly squat!

Now little Kimmy knows he could in theory do it again and effectively get away with it!

What's wrong with people nowadays? If the school bully hits you, you hit em back twice as hard and they don't do it again. Simple!!

Pussies .....!!! US / Israel / UK / SK, the lot of you! You should be ashamed!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

+1

You don't let things of this magnitude go unpunished, even the ultra pacifist Europeans would have reacted militarily by now.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
hey folks it's official........

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join