It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP's - What Are They Really?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

'the spirits' had instructed a number of researchers to use a mirror on their EVP devices

Hmmm, that's interesting. On a side note, through my research on Frank, the original creator of Frank's Box, he was given the information on how to create the device in a dream by a disembodied spirit. Perhaps they are trying to "show us" more.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I had an intense dream last year where a supposed "researcher" on the other side, a spirit, gave me complete plans to build an EVP device. When I woke up I drew the diagram as much as I could remember. When I priced out the components it ended up costing around $300 or so to construct.

One of the major components of the device was a rectangular box, made of 5 front-surface mirrors, all facing inward towards each other, doing a double infinite reflection. Within the center of the box was a stereo microphone. The other component was an ionizer which would fill the "box" with ionized particles. The outside of the box was also tightly wrapped with what appeared to be copper wire. The other component was similar to Frank's box I suppose, as it consisted of an FM transmitter on one end of the box and a receiver on the other end. The whole device was inputted to a computer to allow for real time conversations to occur.

The voice in my dream sounded similar to a heavily Auto-tuned singer, and I do wonder if that was a result of the device or if it was being suggested to use an Antares real-time auto-tuning application in order to stabilization the vocals. The other thing I saw was that within the 4 corners of the box were prisms laid flush and there were these pure white laser looking things that were hitting the prisms which caused a strange infinite rainbow reflection within the box.

The mirrored box that was wrapped in copper wiring was put inside another box that was filled with what appeared to be quartz sand with some sort of conductive liquid or gel. There was then a current passed through the wrapped copper wiring which somehow interacted with the quartz to electrify it or something. The current was provided by a large battery.

I will have to see if I can dig up the diagram but that was the overall gist of it.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by DJM8507]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

This is certainly interesting. I wish somebody would make it. (hint, hint).

I dreamed once my mother told me very specifically how to make a certain cake. It's sounds fabulous, and if I ever bake it I should enter it in a baking contest.

I'll bake the cake, if you'll build the box.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Deep in the quantum noise of reality, atoms and fields pick up on the underlying fabric of the universe, which is thought and consciousness.

Thought and consciousness can come from souls no longer living, spirits, demons, and minds both large and small from here and places far away or unimaginable.

It percolates up from the debris within the "random" noise picked up in the wires and electronics, and if amplified in the correct ways, or enhanced by the thoughts, beliefs, and expectations of the people using the equipment, become manifest on a macroscopic scale.

How do I know this? Just an educated guess.

Here's an example of how quantum, random noise can be amplified to gain clear, recognizable structure:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9-5-2010 by 30_seconds]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

What kind of shielding did your dream device employ?

I had to laugh at the Antares Auto Tune part. For many years people had believed that Chers recording career was dead. Until Antares Auto Tune that is! It was certainly proof that a dead recording career can be ressurected from the grave.

She wanted us to believe in life after love... Who would have ever thought that we could believe in life after death too!

IRM

[edit on 10/5/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by DJM8507

The entire thing was inside a Faraday cage made of a metal (copper?) mesh. I just wonder though if it did all take place within a Faraday cage in order to block external interference, then won't it also block entities from entering and utilizing the device?

Overall it was an expensive device. I also was given plans in another dream on how to make an Electromagnetic Keyboard of sorts in order to allow spirits to "chat" with the living via the manipulation of magnetic fields and having it trigger a corresponding letter to give entities the literal ability to type on a computer.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by DJM8507

The entire thing was inside a Faraday cage made of a metal (copper?) mesh. I just wonder though if it did all take place within a Faraday cage in order to block external interference, then won't it also block entities from entering and utilizing the device?

It's hard to say whether regular physics would apply in regards to the faraday cage. Especially if these communications work on some quantum level as you have imagined they might.

Others in this thread have suggested it may even be an interdimensional phenomena. I would imagine in such an instance that a faraday cage would make little difference in regard to communication, however what we can be relatively confidend of is at least the cage would block/filter out regular terrestrial interferences/noise that may obscure or completely mask the signal.

How would lead go in regards to extra shielding?

IRM

[edit on 10/5/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
There have been several groups dedicated to Electronic Voice Phenomena. They have issued warnings or advice at various times. One group claims it was warned by discarnate spirits to exercise discretion, saying that like attracts like and as few humans have yet mastered the emotions of envy, jealousy, greed, etc., they may attract like-minded lower spirits

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but feel it my duty to post the following:

(snip)
Before you anxiously hit the play button and listen to any EVP on this website or from any other source, including other forms of audio or video of the unknown, MPR would like to take this time and let you know about the potential risks associated to playing such in
your home, work, and etc. Just like using an Ouija Board, Crystal Ball, Scrying Mirror or any other device in hopes of making contact with the other side or the unknown there is the same potential risks when listening or viewing such messages live or when played
back on various devices. Remember, we are dealing with the "unknown" and as such it possesses potential "unknown dangers"

There have been reports that certain EVP's, including other audio or video of the unknown, when played at a location can induce paranormal activity and/or possibly cause the manifestation of an entity or activity which you may not desire. There is no 100%
proof of this out there, but we have received reports by various individuals which support such speculation and theory.

With such potential, you need to understand the possible recourse of playing any EVP's or any other captured audio and video of the unknown. If you already have a home or are at a location which already has paranormal activity then playing certain audio or
video of the unknown may greatly increase the activity you have been experiencing and if the audio or video of the unknown came from a negative source then you could possibly allow such into your home and life by listening or viewing it.

As with anything paranormal we highly suggest that you take proper precautions before listening or viewing such material. This would include psychological and/or faith preparation with a prayer or similar ritual which your faith supports for the safety of yourself and all in your home and then conduct the same or similar prayer or ritual after
listening.

(snip)

Greg Myers, President
Paranormal Task Force

www.paranormaltaskforce.com...

Not saying I agree or disagree with the above, in part or in full. Just putting it up for balance

Thank you for posting this. I am convinced that demons or evil spirits can pretend to be the spirits of the dead and do indeed manifest themselves through EVP's.

The GIS (Ghost Investigators Society), frequent guests on Coast-To-Coast AM, have claimed that animals shy away from EVP's just as they would other demonic or negative manifestations.

I believe people need to be very careful in conducting EVP sessions; you can unintentionally invite negative spirits in just like you can with other occult practices.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Zane Zackerly

This was my response to a similar claim in my thread, where the poster said that the EVP's that I recorded if listened to by a third party would be just as dangerous:

As far as the "open door" traveling with and amongst a recording, I don't concur with that view at all. To me, albeit this is dealing with the unknown, the known aspects that we are dealing with counter that claim imho.

Consider this analogy:

In front of me, is a door to outside. I walk out this door. I can feel a breeze from outside when I walk through it. I can feel the suns heat beating down on me as I walk outside. I can go in or out of this door as it is my door and I am the only one walking through this door. It is my door and no one else's. Now, I film a video or take a bunch of pictures of me doing everything I just mentioned involving my door. I distribute this media to 1,000,000 people. Not one of them will feel the breeze, the heat of the sun, or be able to go in or out of this door as it is not their door and they are merely observers of my door.

I hope that made sense. I think that what ever negative or positive outcome could stem from "opening a door" to this dimension would be limited to the person that directly "opened the door" or were in the presence of that door during when contact was made.

I firmly believe that we are susceptible to these negative and positive energies in our everyday lives. Granted one's susceptibility is agreeably more at risk the closer one allows themselves to get to said energies, but none the less the energy is always there.

Without citing sources, there have been plenty of cases of unprovoked demonic possessions. From what I have read, forces good and evil affect us daily. For example, the positive or negative thoughts or emotions that one has about someone or something, attempts to encroach on your power of will in the everyday decisions one makes in their life. I have learned that these forces, positive and negative, are very elusive and most people's ability to recognize said forces are severely lacking and are chalked up to their own cognition. When in reality, I feel that the vast majority of an individuals cognition is influenced by unseen forces, both good and evil. For whatever reason, some people are seemingly more susceptible to these forces than others.

It is my feeling that our souls are the receivers of a constant barrage of good vs. evil in a battle to win the rights to our soul. In the end, to the victor go the spoils of one more soul in the army of good vs. evil. As black and white as this sounds, and as much as I stress that roughly 2 weeks ago I would have vehemently debated this notion, it is as of late a notion that is completely concrete to me.

Not to sway anyone either way, but just a notion to consider.

[edit on 5/10/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be crazy if people were picking up voices from their own heads when they do EVP's? It would be like our inner voice answering but on some frequency meant for our internal dialog but that some recording devices can pick up. It came to me after reading an article about a new device that is attempting to see our thoughts in our head.

What do you think?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by atzmaz

If that's the case, then I have TONS of inner voices, with different genders, accents, and behaviors. Still plausible I suppose, but if so, I have a very crowded sub-conscious

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
i have always wondered if they could find the exact frequency the voices appear on could they also adjust digital cameras to see on the same frequency?.. also have some sort of hearing aid adjusted to the same frequency so they can hear the voices in real-time...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by atzmaz
Wouldn't it be crazy if people were picking up voices from their own heads when they do EVP's? [...] What do you think?

I suppose that it might be easier for an intelligent entity of some kind to manipulate energy on a subatomic scale and have the "sound" be produced in the neural pathways or your ears, rather than using all the mechanical energy to physically move and vibrate air so that your ear can pick it up. And following on that, it might be interesting to record the vibrations of your eardrum, rather than the sound happening out in a room or hallway. The idea would be that if you have enough electrical stimulation in the nerves of the ear, it would also create some kind of vibration of your eardrum. That could then be picked up and recorded, perhaps using a small laser reflecting off your eardrum. Or maybe you could use electrical sensors like those on an EKG to read the electrical impulses in or around your ears.

Maybe then you could even find a way to amplify and filter the voices in your ear/head so that they're a little easier to hear and understand. I don't know if that would help, or just drive you crazy.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by atzmaz

If that's the case, then I have TONS of inner voices, with different genders, accents, and behaviors. Still plausible I suppose, but if so, I have a very crowded sub-conscious

That just reminded me of that old sitcom Herman's Head!

IRM

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I think the faraday cage is there to block out external interference as you have stated but the "spirits" I believe would make use of the mirrors, I have read lots on spirits and mirrors and it is said that mirrors are the gateways to other words, so with this in mind they would use the mirrors as a gateway and the prisms would help focus the evps and I would assume the copper wire creates an electro-magnetic feild in which they can interfere with to create the evp effects.

So in essense what I get from this the "voices" will actually be coming from inside the box and inside the faraday cage...

I think someone should build it

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
There are so many dead people of all walks of life; why don't they build a device? I mean with all the engineers, physicists and so in the afterlife it must be easy.

Furthermore, I wonder why EVP are so uninteresting. I mean the general ones not the conversation between deceased George Jeffries Mueller and the living Bill O'Neill.

I wonder whether the afterlife is a very very boring place...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

Are you referring to Spiricom?

What a joke that was eh!

IRM

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

So Spiricom has been debunked? I liked the conversations they had....

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
If you watch GHost hunters international, they sometimes get EVP's in languages nonnative to their location.

I don't put much stock in them. With so many radio, tv and cell phone signals bouncing around it's not hard to imagine that we'd pick some of them up on recording devices. I remember as a kid we hunted a lot, and had CB radios in the truck, with powerful(500-200 watt amps, like truckers). You could talk on the cb and your voice or whomever else had a powerful amp's voice would come through any speaker around. Even with the pwer off to the stereo.

With all of the truckers and their huge amplified cbs it kind of makes you wonder about EVPs and disembodied voices.

Now I've seen some unexplainable disembodied voices or which were only explainable via paranormal means. But EVP's? What are the odds of you getting a semi-intelligent answer to a question? I mean with all of the global broadcasts how many times do you think yes, no or some sort of name are said daily? Our friggin radio and tv signals are still travelling outside of our solar system.

EVP's are not and have not ever been credible evidence of the supernatural. And don't even bring up the glorified speak and spell machines or ghost boxes. Same thing.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

What are the odds of you getting a semi-intelligent answer to a question? I mean with all of the global broadcasts how many times do you think yes, no or some sort of name are said daily?

Yes or No, perhaps. I invite you to listen to the recordings I posted in this thread. How many times is the word "Help" broadcast on a daily basis? In a tone that is all but begging for help. Your argument has some validity however. None the less, I know what I heard when I made the recordings and will stand firm that it was not random by any means.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join