It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My introduction from Vancouver island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hello everyone, my brother got me looking at this site about 1 year ago and I've since decided to join. I'm 30 years old and living in Victoria BC. A lot of questions about who I am the last few years and I find a lot of inspirational content on here. I've began to realize that you really need to take a lot of caution going through all the content on here and backcheck everything you can.
A little story hopefully with pics to follow. I took my girlfriend up island a couple of weeks ago and stopped in Cathedral grove. It's an old growth forest that feels very mystical. If anyone has been there you'll know what i mean. We took a bunch of pics while walking through the forest but one in particular caught our attention. Pixies and fairies where a small topic of conversationg as we were walking through the trails. I don't really know anything about pixies and fairies and not saying that's what I see in the pic but just thought it was relevant. As I zoomed in on one of the pics that caught my attention I noticed something that looked like it was sticking its head up from a fallen tree. I only have a 7.2 megapixel camera and zoomed in it's obviously blurry but this annomily has a blue tinge to it and it looks like you can make out eyes, ears, and a mouth. Could be a tree trunk or something but I really don't think so. This is my first thread and I have no idea how to post pics up but I uploaded them in the my pics section. Could someone please tell me how to post pics up on this thread. I've been trying for an hour now and just can't figure it out. I'd love some input. Not all that computer savy so please bare with me.
Take care everyone

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
[edit on 7/5/2010 by Sauron]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Hey there i have Family In Naniamo
I love the island, So beautiful.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
It is beautiful. Any ideas on how to post my pics?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
In your media section find and click on the picture you want to use.
The picture opens in another page with a series of boxes below it. Look for the box labelled "Embed on ATS".
Highlight and copy the (picture location) info inside that box. On my computer you find the option to copy something by clicking the right mouse button.

On your thread post a new message. Paste (again using the right mouse button) the picture info you copied earlier into your post.

The picture will then appear.

by the way, Cathedral grove is awsome. I took a bunch of panoramic pics there, but when I got home (Ontario) I left them a few minutes unattended in a back pack on my motorcycle and they all got stolen
along with the bag.

[edit on 5/7/2010 by wayno]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thank you very much for the info! Sry to hear you got your pics and bag stolen. It really is a wonderful place. I'll attempt to throw those pics up now.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Welcome aboard. I lived in Campbell River for 6 years in the 70's. So, how's the rain, mist, drizzle, showers, down pour, etc?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Welcome to the site, im from Nanaimo myself. glad to see theres some people here from the island as well.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I grew up in Ladysmith and Duncan, great place to live. Sadly, I'm stuck in Ontario for now.
I also have family in Victoria and Nanaimo, and many friends up and down the Island.

Cathedral Grove is awesome.
I snagged one of your pictures and re-sized it to fit the web page, if you hit "quote" at the top right of my post it will show the bbcode I used to post it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8376d13fc1de.jpg[/atsimg]

Nice to see another left coast islander on the boards, if you have any questions, let me know.

Edit: I can't help it.:bnghd:

This link should take you to the original upload.
media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=90727

Anx..............

[edit on 7/5/2010 by anxietydisorder]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e951d275b8e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the help everyone, I realize this is a rough way of getting it done but I'll master it shortly. Does anyone see what I'm talking about. I was thinking tree stump or something but it seems to have a blue tinge to it unlike anything else in the pic. My girlfriend and i both can make out eyes, ears, and a mouth. Very neat picture we thought

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffc51fdd9f90.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join