It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burqa ban is 'un-Australian' say Muslims

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Riley would not be able to walk up to a lady wearing a burka and strike up a friend-ship with her.

(1) The lady's male family members would probably kick 3 shades of crap out of Riley for even trying to attempt to do so.

(2) Riley would probably be gang raped for walking into their community.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnus_Hunter

1. Cygnus would probably be a little xenophobic and/or racist.

2. Cygnus succeeds.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smiggle

No, there is no actual law I am aware of, though if you could point me to the actual law and text that you called' Fact' and then wrote about, I'd appreciate it.

Smigs

Next time a police officer tells you to do something, tell him to get stuffed, and that he is a racist pig.

Then see what he comes up with.
Maybe, disobeying a police instruction, maybe offensive language, even verbal assault. There are PLENTY of laws that the police can dredge up to suit any occasion.

If some large copper then smacks you in the ear, don't be too surprised.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I don't want men with your attitudes walking the streets of the community I live in.

It is clear you have no respect for women, or the values or beliefs of others.

It is quite evident that people like you are a threat to decent society.

If you can't accept the customs of Western nations, and are insulted by our ways, then you should not live in a Western nation.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Watching this video really allows one to realize that it is a good thing we are fighting in the Middle East. The cruelty of the Taliban towards women is not something that should be tolerated in a modern world.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9-5-2010 by poet1b]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

Silly child,how can one be racist towards extremist religion?

Gang rape in Australia.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnus_Hunter

Because you are saying that from a few isolated incidents, the probability is "likely" that you will get gangraped in any Muslim community.

Bigoted, Xenophobic, Racist.... Pick your poison. You can justify your ignorance however you choose, just like the KKK justifies theirs.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Funny you should mention the KKK.

A few isolated incidents?
They were all connected not isolated, so well organised it was called militant (terrorism) and they specifically targeted aussie women just like the KKK targetted black people. Those rapes were not condoned but justified by a muslim cleric (since retired mufti Sheik Hilali; infamous for calling rape victims "uncovered meat") which proved abuse against aussie women was encouraged (or possibly commanded) by some muslim religious leaders. Those same leaders argue for the rights of muslims in australia.. so pick your poison. Does the muslim community support their own religious leaders who encouraged attacking aussie women or do they disown them like the American whites disowned the KKK?

People accuse australians of being racist because they are not comfortable with the full faced burka.. yet some leaders of the islamic community accused our legal system of being racist for the long sentencing those rapists recieved. If you want to accuse us of systemic racism the least you could do is admit the same about muslim culture.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by riley]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

You cannot befriend someone who has the whole face covered. The practice actually segregates them from the community. To some people the full face burka screams loud and clear "don't approach me I'm off limits you aren't even permitted to lay eyes on me".

No are talling men stop looking at my ass, and respect me as who I'm, not based on the size of my ass, or the amount of makup, or the size of my breast.

I have seen long term relationships with women who wear Burqah and normal Blond girls.

And most people who know those girls behind burqahs know that they are human beings too with feelings, they want what you want. You don't think they want guys? Do you think they are stuck up son of a gunz? Come on girl..

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The fact is that most Australians will not agree that the reasons Muslims make their women wear the burqa is justified. The reasons you give might be logical and socially acceptable in nations with majority Muslim populations. But Australia is not a country with a Muslim majority population. The reasons we give for women NOT wearing the burqa in Australia are logical and socially acceptable in our non-Muslim majority populations.

If one country forces another to accept something that is not socially acceptable in their countries, there will be civil unrest. This is a clash of cultures. This is the problem with multiculturalism!

[edit on 9/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

reply to post by riley

I have seen long term relationships with women who wear Burqah and normal Blond girls.

I bet they have seen their faces.

And most people who know those girls behind burqahs know that they are human beings too with feelings, they want what you want. You don't think they want guys? Do you think they are stuck up son of a gunz? Come on girl..

I NEVER said they were not human beings. Nice try though.

It is nearly impossible to develop a friendship with a person who's face you have never seen.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by riley]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
My issue with Muslims is that most do not assimilate with the rest of the population. A lot of them go to Islamic Schools, wear Buraq's, long beards etc they stick to their customs / beliefs and do not adopt to any of the country they have moved to and then ask for special treatment.
Most of the Europeans and Asians that have migrated to Australia over the decades have adopted Australian culture and mixed it with there own, they have influenced Australian Culture, and our multiculturalism is what makes Australia such a fantastic place to live.
Muslims need to become part of the Australian Culture and stop separating them selves from it.
Muslims need to open their mind and let the multiculturalism in and not try and change the world one country at a time to do things their way.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

If they weren't human, why wouldn't you be able to develop friendships with them? Are you saying you will never see their face? Just because you don't see their face at first time you meet them, doesn't mean you will never see it.

It is nearly impossible to develop a friendship or with a person who's face you have never seen.

Your statement states never, that is the problem. You can force yourself to believe that, good for you.

You have a "Friends List" in your profile with many names of fellow ATS Members on it.

Now tell me, do you regard them as your friends?

What is the definition of friendship?

If someone's face is burnt, would you consider becoming his/her friend?

admin edit: removed actual list of names

[edit on 5-13-2010 by Springer]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

OK,

Let me break it down so its nice and easy for you to understand.

There is a difference between secular,and orthodox religion.Your friend that has blond hair and doesn't wear a veil is secular.

Those that wear head to toe hadjib are orthodox

ORTHODOX believers are NOT going to let you walk up to their women folk and strike up a conversation/friendship with them,you will probably more than likely get a face full of shoe ( if you are lucky).

If you would like me to clarify any of the points above further for your enlightenment,just ask

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by riley

If they weren't human, why wouldn't you be able to develop friendships with them? Are you saying you will never see their face? Just because you don't see their face at first time you meet them, doesn't mean you will never see it.

There is no face or eye language to indicate that the muslim woman would be receptive to a new friend. She has already segregated herself and put herself off limits.

And posting my sharp friends as evidence? Seriously? Yeah alright.
A dozen haven't even been on for at least three years.. a couple have since been banned.

Do not post my profile information in thread that is stepping over the line and is rude and is a violation of my privacy. I do not know why mods have been letting you get away with such crap. First you call me a liar and attack me personally.. now you are posting stuff from my profile? Wtf is your problem?

DELETE IT!

[edit on 10-5-2010 by riley]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Why do you have a gagged woman as your avatar? I mean... your a bastion of womens rights, or so you say.

At the end of the day, you are not qualified to tell us what is or isn't un Australian. You don't even live here!

I'll tell you a little story.

When I worked in Marketing Promotions for Nintendo, we used to take a promo trailer into shopping centers to market our new games. One of my jobs was to talk to people and entice them over to play the games. I once approached three women in burqas and asked them if they would like to come over and enjoy some of the games.

One of the girls quietly whispered to me that they would like to but they were not allowed and that she shouldn't be talking to me. When the male that was with them came over, he abused them, gave me a killer look and then left quickly with them in tow behind.

There's freedom and equality for you! This is the very behavior you argue for as being virtuous and above that of loose western morals and culture. This is how, (if you guys had your way with our culture) you would have us treat our women. Those women were chattle to that idiot... nothing else!

I'm sorry but this primitive belief and practice is NOT compatible with Australian equality and Australian culture and it's country miles form being considered as moderate islamic practice. It's extreme, hard-line BS!

No amount of deflectional antics or verbal chicanery will change that fact. Though you are free to keep trying in vane!

IRM

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I do not support the ban on religious clothing unless it contains a threat.

I would happily allow religious clothing to anyone, unless their country did not allow any clothing I wish to wear.

Certain countries ban certain clothing - that is not freedom of choice.

Work it out.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow

Originally posted by Smiggle

No, there is no actual law I am aware of, though if you could point me to the actual law and text that you called' Fact' and then wrote about, I'd appreciate it.

Smigs

Next time a police officer tells you to do something, tell him to get stuffed, and that he is a racist pig.

Then see what he comes up with.
Maybe, disobeying a police instruction, maybe offensive language, even verbal assault. There are PLENTY of laws that the police can dredge up to suit any occasion.

If some large copper then smacks you in the ear, don't be too surprised.

I understand what you are saying, and I know the summary offenses act pretty well - but what I am asking is where is the specific 'factual' law that you are stating? Im not asking about disobeying a directive, Im asking about the law regarding covering of the face - You stated a fact, and Im interested as to which specific law it is.

Thanks

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

There is no face or eye language to indicate that the muslim woman would be receptive to a new friend. She has already segregated herself and put herself off limits.

How many times are you gonna try to justify your rediculous claims, at least sit down for awhile, relax, and think hard before replying. You are embarassing yourself.

Wrong again. She has segregated herself from guys who want a piece of meat. This just goes to prove you have never met a girl who wears Burqah. And further more shows, that you have no interest in meeting such people.

I mean common, I don't like meeting Gothics who cover their face with hair... Let's be honest, I do it for the sake of curiosity. I have a very good friend right now who is Gothic, or what ever you call it. Once you get to know them, you see what is behind that makeup, that Burqha, that hair, that mask, that what ever maybe which separates them from the rest of the society. Have you ever met a Muslim with big beard? Do you wonder what is behind that big beard? Or do you just judge them based on what you see on TV? Or what you heard from others? Why not go meet them? Or did you meet one dick head Burqah wearer and judge all of them based on that one person?

I'm curios about you, I want to learn more about you, although we live miles away.

That is a joy you can't find on someone who has exposed too much from the start.

And your friends list is public, it is in your public profile, hence public.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join