It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female posters incapable of original thought?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Men, do YOU get called Sunshine at YOUR job?

I once had 'friend' I didn't get along with very well. We were arguing about something and he told me to shut up and go make him some dinner cuz that was all I was good for anyway. Jerk...

Some people seem to forget that women were the last ones to gain their right to vote in this country when it came to civil rights. Black males were given the right right to vote decades before women were.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports

Or maybe women in general are as self centered and uncertain as 4.3 million years of evolution has programed them to be.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by circuitsports]

Alrighty...so far I've heard posters speaking of females as:

Incapable of rational/original thought
Too emotional
Cannot think critically
Nothing but whining
"you" females
Don't bring up "relavant" issues
self-centered
uncertain

Got anymore you want to add?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

You've made good points so far, but lets not do the finger pointing thing. The topic won't be taken seriously if it devolves into accusations. I'm not excusing those comments if they were made by any means. I just don't want to see the thread get locked or pulled off topic, and I don't want the guys afraid they'll be accused of something just for posting in this thread.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
Incapable of rational/original thought
Too emotional
Cannot think critically
Nothing but whining
"you" females
Don't bring up "relavant" issues
self-centered
uncertain

Got anymore you want to add?

Well, if you're going to make a list, you definitely shouldn't leave out ''unfunny''

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think the fact that this thread has grown faster in the past 15 hours than most important, world-changing event threads do in a week shows how important this issue is to a lot of people.

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I do notice there are a few girls around here that "build popularity" and a "reputation" and make tons of friends and are all drama-oriented like a 16yr old high school girl. Those people annoy me badly.

The thing that annoys me most about this is a lot of them think that having a gold/cosmic contributor rating or having 100+ applauses actually means they are better than other posters. Just because the house across the street has a nicer front lawn than mine does not mean those who dwell within know any better than anybody else.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracydude
how is this topic NOT sexist? women have brains too believe it or not.

I simply can't resist:

Frankly brainy women turn me on, beauty is just a bonus.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

:/ we still

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
The thing that annoys me most about this is a lot of them think that having a gold/cosmic contributor rating or having 100+ applauses actually means they are better than other posters.

I can remember some of us worrying that something like would happen in the thread announcing the new ratings and contributor levels. Sounds like we were right when we said some would use those to try and act superior to others. Kinda sad really.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

I actually wasn't even thinking of your posts when I typed the OP. You got me frustrated in that thread, but the comments I referred to in the OP weren't yours. No worries, we're good.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity Just because the house across the street has a nicer front lawn than mine does not mean those who dwell within know any better than anybody else.

Absolutely right, although it may suggest they have a better knowledge of monocot horticulture, have a developed perception of form and composition, are concerned about appearances, have a higher level of self respect and/or can afford a gardener.

Lawns can say a lot about a person.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Frankly brainy women turn me on, beauty is just a bonus.

they also tend to be more into kinky stuff

nice video btw.. who said Germans weren't funny

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
How about this one:

www.shortnews.com...

A Central Florida preschool faces allegations of punishing children in a weird way after a teacher confessed of putting a boy in a girl's dress.

The family of the child, who was said to be put in a dress because he was talking too much while watching TV, said they plan to file a lawsuit against the School.

"I think this is a practice that happened more than once, by more than one teacher to more than one student," Tiffany Fairlamb said.

why would this boy feel humiliated,surely there should be nothing humiliating about dresses?

why would this be a punishment?

conclusion? dress equals humiliation but ONLY when boy has been forced to wear it.

real life examples speak louder than internet words,you can try and dismiss it as a singular case,but it'd be a strawman at best.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Pardon me for asking, but how does one tell what gender a poster is here?

I have seen some that I thought were female, but later revealed to be male, and the same the other way around.

From my perspective the most unique thing about this particular community is that age, sex, race etc can be entirely irrelevant.

For all you know I am a biracial hermaphrodite alien. Which I suppose would explain my incapability of original thought.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

When someone proves I am wrong and are able to trump my own evidence then I have no problem admitting it.. but until that time I'm not going to say I am just appease someone else's ego.

They didn't bring any proof to the table.. they just ordered me to say I'm wrong. That is not how debates work.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by riley]

Ok. No you are fine.

I was making it out of context, not referring to your debate with anyone at all.

I was simply arguing the philosophy of "admitting you are wrong in general".

But if you are willing to admit defeat if proven wrong (of which this is purely hypothetical) than you have tons of credibility with me!

TY for actually replying!

I do not even know what debate you were having with them lol. I was just being philosophical sorry.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well I am prepared to get flamed for my response, but I am going to be honest.....

I have always held the belief that Woman are not much different than Men, and actually thought some of the divisional stuff was only there to keep Woman down. Because if they for a second thought they could act like a male and get away with it, they would be a real threat to some guys masculinity. But I have had to readjust my thinking in the last 5 years, and here is why...

I am a mortician by trade and primarily work on morbid obesity cases. As a result I got involved in designing a vibration training platform ( the one I am standing on in my avatar ) that takes over 300kgs. Vibration Therapy ( light vibration ) had been around for over 100 years, but our aim was to induce a powerful enough vibration to truly effect the muscle in what they call an "eccentric" contraction. Like the kind of contraction and pressure you get from jumping off a chair and landing on the ground in a perfect squat. Note: Only certain stress poses will work and it is hard work. Just standing on it lock-legged does nothing.

We have a saying in the honest side of the industry that " vibration alone does nothing, or all truck drivers would be skinny"

Anyway I have now been dealing with the public for 5 years, and I have been completely knocked back at how self-uneducated most woman are and how willing they are to be lied to. And I do not mean just willing, I mean begging for it. Overall they seem to lack any sense of the critical thinking process that protects most people from scams.

A prime example is this scenario and conversation I have about 10 times a day,( I should really just record myself and play it back )

Me .... " Ok get down into a squat pose and hold for 60 seconds "

Female customer .... " Cant I just stand or sit here and let the vibrations shake off the fat ? "

Me ....... " I don't know, how would that work exactly ? "

Female customer... " because the vibrations burn off the fat "

Me .... " If simple vibration caused weightloss wouldn't all truck drivers be skinny ? "

Female Customer ..... ( blank look. )

There are of course plenty of unethical marketers and salespeople who use this lack of critical thinking to sell them that exact concept. If it vibrates its Vibration Training. It is mad to think anyone would fall for it. But I have seen $9000 ( U.S ) . machines that do not work being sold. ( I am the only designer that will not retail, so I am in a unique position to judge the market. I even get asked to tests my competitions products )

You can tell they have not put 1 second of critical thinking into the subject. And I am not exaggerating when I say this happens every day, all day. On top of that I spend most of my time explaining the real basics of how their bodies actually work. I mean the real simple stuff like how building muscle burns fat, how estrogen effects fat, and you can not target fat loss etc... stuff every female should know and with the internet has easy access to this knowledge.

And to cap it off, having to show them time and time again how to hold a simple position. As there are only 8 positions to learn it is mind boggling when 2 years later they can not do #1 properly.

Now before you go ranting off and calling me sexist. my female staff member who is in her 50s, has a lower opinion of most woman now than me after working at a studio for a year. She came in as a customer questioning everything, getting an answer , going away and doing some research and coming back with more questions. I was so impressed I ended up hiring her.

Most Woman seem to be completely unaware of their body and mind and unwilling to put the effort in needed to question the world around them.

Note: In 5 years I have not had one male ask me if sitting on the machine for a massage will help them lose weight.

So if you are a female on this site, asking questions and forming your own opinion based on critical thinking, I am sorry but you are in the minority. I so wish that was not the case for so many reasons.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I can honestly say I've never witnessed this on ATS, I'm a little surprised actually.

I suppose we're always going to have members with un-PC views on Women, Gays, Race and all of the other contentious issues that there could possible be in a forum like this.

I guess that's what the ALERT, COMPLAIN and MODS are for really.

I think the real problem is that a lot of men don't take it seriously, probably mean it in a light hearted way, whereas it's quite a serious issue for females.

Anyway, I hope your issues get resolved and people show you more respect, all the best, Kiwi

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by riley

When someone proves I am wrong and are able to trump my own evidence then I have no problem admitting it.. but until that time I'm not going to say I am just appease someone else's ego.

They didn't bring any proof to the table.. they just ordered me to say I'm wrong. That is not how debates work.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by riley]

Ok. No you are fine.

I was making it out of context, not referring to your debate with anyone at all.

I was simply arguing the philosophy of "admitting you are wrong in general".

But if you are willing to admit defeat if proven wrong (of which this is purely hypothetical) than you have tons of credibility with me!

TY for actually replying!

I do not even know what debate you were having with them lol. I was just being philosophical sorry.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

No probs. I wasn't sure if you were getting personal or not. Thankyou for clarifying.

Yes if ever there was an occasion where I was actually proven wrong I would be willing to admit to defeat.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I am sorry that there has been a perception of discrimination or particularism that has made you feel strong enough to post these words in this thread...This is a constant issue with my many Wiccan lady friends who are, I admit, the vast majority of persons I associate with in my frame of association with All That Is are female practitoners from around the world.... There are few men in my 'craft' by coincidence and I have heard every word you have written a thousand times now by others.
The word we live in is truly Misogynist in orientation for a reason. Men in general dominate everywhere because this is the 'War-God Marduk' bent of consciousness of the top eschalon of the global power pyramid. The Eye of the Pryamid organization that unites EVERY world figurehead and leader is conducted to venerate their female icon; but the men do the action for S.A.A.L.M. and the underlying Illuminati groups involved in pushing the idea that God is only one gender and this gender is male.. The TRUTH is quite opposite of course; with the outer expression of All That Is being Female and the intuitive-inward being unseen as the male-seed of life...So you speak of cultural trends and stereotypical observations about conduct of ATS members; which to me relates to the broader mass deception of the public in relation to the cosmic principles that we are not being taught at all...The bluebloods venerate, worship and need thier Queen E to carry their bloodline and also to keep the men from destroying the planet in thier greed...
...The Solutions then: Well, I am just as certain now as I could ever be that religion is irrelevant. It's scientific to use the LAWS OF ATTRACTION in a general way to create and equal scenario and universal construct of balance and peace. SEE yourself as Equal and you are!
This truth goes quite considerably deeper in applications of lore and universal principles known to some as wisdom or Magic. To me there isn't a supernatural or unknown world...there are only Truths I have yet to know..
..It is the Age of Balance now and the RETURN of the female energy in balance..But what does this really mean in the end to "We The People" who are already grossly unloved and under-represented by THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND. This woman OWNS about 20% of all the land mass on the planet as soverign! So is a woman going to help us return to balance?..Or , as you say, all souls are equal and this greased-up messah carrier of a woman could utterly care less about us. She is as equally self-possessed as the men of her bloodline who do the dirty work for the other royals.
All souls are infinitely equal.. and ultimately as spirits making good for our deeds in life; they who aspire to harm others get to learn the hard way why it is that honorable souls treat others as they would be treated.~*
In Grace a soul is not passive. Reach OUT if you want others to reach 'in' to you too.
The Law of Attraction works for everyone. But souls who also aspire in GRACE can undue and triumph over they who seek to wallow in the company of 'Lower Astral' dieties.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Jenna,

I haven't seen your post in awhile. Good to read your material again..thank you.

While I haven't bothered to read all the posts on this thread...I do want to make a few comments.

The title of the thread...states.."original" thought. Yet in the text of many of the posts the concept switches to "intelligent/intelligence.

First off, Jenna, I want to state that my limited experience tells me that intelligence does not always translate directly over to smarts..or even common sense. Neither males or females have a monopoly on this.

I've worked around engineers ...both male and female on construction projects. Some are ok..some not...However ..I know that some of them you would never want to give them a wrench or hammer...they will get you killed or severely hurt..male and or female.

It is not necessarily intelligence per se...but alot of olde fashioned common sense goes along ways.

I also think that what some of the posters on here are trying to say..is that both males and females today...know more about the latest drivel to define their lives and standard of living than good olde common sense. Status/self promotion ...is what is replacing common sense and basic civilities/decency.
I do not find this type of textbook conduct to be intelligent nor civil. There is alot of it now days...self promotion at the expense of others.

One area which is difficult to detect on a board like ATS/BTS is ability. All the intelligence or talk if you like..does not translate over to ability in the real world. This is the arena where men and women are going to greatly differ.

If I want to know about decor...and how to do certain plants...etc ..I do not generally go to the male of the species. Women usually have much superior skills and abilities in this arena and the vocabulary to match.
I do not go to a male down at the local garage or bar/pub to get help picking out new curtains or blinds for my windows..rugs....et al.

Now if the heater/air conditioning goes out in my home I do not go to most women to find out how or why it quit working. I go to someone who knows the heating/refrigeration cycle.

Between males and females usually one finds a huge gap in ability and willingness to take RISK in life to reach a goal. This is very telling in detecting value systems in play. Most males do not think this way..but a woman will catch on to it much faster than the average male..it is in the genes I believe.

These beliefs and values are often noted by those aware of this pattern/fingerprints in the sexes. If one is sharp..one can see it or the tell tales of it in some of the posts here.

I ,for one, do not believe in equality. It is a nice catch all and puts alot of posters here on the defensive..but I have seen enough to know that both sexes are not interested in Equal RISK..but the talk sounds good. Without Equal RISK ..there will be no equality going on.
It looks good among unthinking emotional peoples..and wins alot of votes..but I know it to be just that ..window dressing.

Women and or females in the west live in social structures where the economic affluence gives them more freedom to live lives of emotional fulfillment/satisfaction...more so than most males. In other words ..more options...and options means more emotional satisfaction. The males Ive seen ..haven't a clue about this concept.

Males on the other hand...many of them know that they must discipline their emotions to reach goals....often at great risks. This is not generally in the female modus operandi in the West.
This is a huge difference in approach to most events lived daily by the different sexes. Women tend to know this fingerprint with more awareness than do most men...or males. Most women/females I have ever met ..do not clue the males into the knowledge that they work, think, and value by this method...options.

This is not talk...but what one generally finds out here in the real world and in the west. This pattern.

I also believe one of the most ignorant creatures to squat and take care of business between two legs is the American Male. He hasn't a clue how the system is designed to keep him ignorant of almost everything but sports while thinking he is the cats meow. He hasn't a clue how sexist this world actually is and is getting worse. His thinking is generally one dimensional. Sports and "oil shortages/cheerleaders."

History is going to prove this out ... he is expected to take first class risks to keep this structure going ..while he gets second and third class consideration for the risks he is going to have to take to keep and maintain it. As long as he has beer/liquor and cheerleaders he is usually good for the next 100,000 miles. This is going to happen more and more often because of the people taking advantage of this sexist template in politics. If you can think outside the box..you can see them preying, and parasiting off this template to sell their programs.

Intelligence will not serve the male here....it is going to take much more.
Alot more than sports, bling, and cheerleaders.

One more thing...Jenna...there is going on ..a steady and constant movement to feminize the American Male and quite successful too. He is getting just like the females out here...defining himself by status..not what he knows and or can do ..but bling...dress ....and whatever transient drivel that can be marketed to him. They are becoming just like everything else...a stamped out xeroxed copy. It is the same McDonalds, the same Burger King, the same shopping center...the same male....etc etc..et al.
The male of today knows more about sports and gadgets than how to maintain what he has. Often someone else must maintain it for him...just like alot of females. In this regard ..equality is definitely happening.
We should be proud of this. Don't you think??

This also means ..Jenna..it is becoming the same female as well. Not much original thought going on out here.

Intelligence does not equal greatness, smarts,or even goodness/decency....male or female.

As to this Jenna...

I don't want the guys afraid they'll be accused of something just for posting in this thread.

I like to think you know enough about how I think to know this will not be or apply to me.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 7-5-2010 by orangetom1999]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
@The original poster.

For what it is worth, here is my (and my wifes) point of view.

The tactic works. How do I/we know this ?
Well you started this thread. Rookie mistake. If you are seen to have a point of weakness it will be attacked without mercy.

My wife informs me her response would be simple "Try thinking with your large head moron."
Fight fire with fire and don't let it needle you.

Delightful really as she is extremely feminine when its possible to be, but hard as nails with a skin like a rhino when required.

Man, do i love that woman. We make a great team. 23 years "in" and still having fun.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join