It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunmen attack Pakistan checkpoint, kill police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Gunmen attack Pakistan checkpoint, kill police

news.yahoo.com

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AFP) – Gunmen attacked a police checkpoint in northwest Pakistan at dawn on Friday, killing four policemen before speeding away in a getaway vehicle, police said.

A wave of suicide and bomb attacks across Pakistan has killed more than 3,300 people since 2007. Blame has fallen on Taliban and Al-Qaeda-linked militants bitterly opposed to the country's alliance with the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The story is about an hour old at the time I posted this.

Gunmen killed 4 police while leaving another injured and unconcious, the article says.

Violence dosent seem to be letting up, even tho the Pakistan military is doing their best at stopping the extremists. A friend of mine lives in Pakistan currently, and he basically told me a large majority of the people are against the taliban and want them stopped. That is just what he told me, I dont have any statistics or anything to prove that tho.

Another thought I was wondering is - Could Pakistan be slowly falling apart, possibly becoming the next terror hotspot that the US will invade? Personally, I dont see this happening soon, but I still think it could be a possibility.

news.yahoo.com

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

The story is about an hour old at the time I posted this.

Gunmen killed 4 police while leaving another injured and unconcious, the article says.

Violence dosent seem to be letting up, even tho the Pakistan military is doing their best at stopping the extremists. A friend of mine lives in Pakistan currently, and he basically told me a large majority of the people are against the taliban and want them stopped. That is just what he told me, I dont have any statistics or anything to prove that tho.

Another thought I was wondering is - Could Pakistan be slowly falling apart, possibly becoming the next terror hotspot that the US will invade? Personally, I dont see this happening soon, but I still think it could be a possibility.

news.yahoo.com

If Afghanistan is unstable, surely that instability will also reach Pakistan since the borderline people are of same ethnicity and have very close ties..

America created that whole mess. .

I wonder if they can fix it..

Obama has increased the drone attacks, each civilian killed in Pakistan created double the hate against America..

Don't ask me why they hate you because I might punch my lap top screen in

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Why are these stories even news anymore?

top topics

join