It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece Passes Austerity Package

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Greece Passes Austerity Package

online.wsj.com

Greece's parliament passed a package of austerity measures on Thursday, a key condition of its €110 billion ($145 billion) financial rescue, as thousands of protesters demonstrated outside the chamber, some hurling firebombs and clashing with police.

The vote came the day after three people were killed in violent protests against the measures, saddening a nation already struggling with economic hardship.

Asian shares dropped sharply Friday morning following a slide in U.S. stocks on Thursday that was sparked in part by escalating concerns that Greece's financial problems could spread
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
It's now official. The greek government has committed the highest form of treason, they sold the greek people to the financial terrorists at the IMF.

Not a big surprise, but they still had the cojones to do it.

I hope the greek government gets what it deserves : the Nicolas Ceausescu treatment, aka being arrested by the people, tried by the people, put against the wall and executed for high treason.

And any government that sell out it's country to the IMF deserves the same thing.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I really have to wonder. Those crowds were huge. And chanting really loud. Could they hear them outside while they were voting?

I don't know even why those police held them back. It would be a terrible job and very hazardous. They should have just gone on strike with the rest.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The police who protects those scumbags are just dumb sheeple. I know, my uncle is one of them, doing the same thing. Protecting those traitorous bankers and leaders who are robbing them blind.

Trying to wake up a brainwashed police officer IS REALLY HARD.

You try to explain them how who they are protecting are screwing THEM AND THEIR CHILDREN AND EVERYBODY THEY LOVE... still they protect them because ``without police there's no order``...``we're a democracy, we have to protected the elected leaders``...

But they are ignorants fools who don't know history and all their life has been the good life... they'll only understand when their children are in the streets bankrupt... and even then they'll say that without them protecting the leaders it would be anarchy and it would be worse...

I mean I can't talk no more to my uncle, he's too ignorant and he pisses me off for protecting that bunch of evil scumbags.

So every time that one of those ``protest cops`` get beaten up, burned or killed, I say BOOHOO, you deserved it as much as a SS or a SA officer protecting Hitler. You were ignorant, you got hurt. You don't know that fire burns? We'll guess what, you got burn.

The police ain't there to protect the powers that be, IT'S THERE TO DEFEND THE PEOPLE.

That's why I love and support OATHKEEPERS.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I see no criminals. I see before me political prisoners.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I am not sure I am for that kind of treatment for the elite... the sparks that led to other revolutions have driven the stronger governments in the neighbouring nations to take a harder/harsher line towards their citizens..

Personaly I look for a peacfull resolve whereby the people take power legitimatly, and not through violence, regardless of the scumbags in power, do we want to sink to their levels?? I would rather we didn't..

I would rather something similar to the 1830s when may part of England went into open rebellion.. if they could have secured the support of other parts of England at the time the aims of the rebellion would have been more sucessfull.. they where for the most part ex-soldiers who had fought in some of the nastier European campaigns of the day, yet they did not take up arms..

So I am hopeful we can acheive change without the need for extreme violence.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

the Nicolas Ceausescu treatment, aka being arrested by the people, tried by the people, put against the wall and executed for high treason.

Funny you mentioned Ceasescu , because some harsh laws will be passed in his old country as well
President just announced some that old folks will suffer a cut of 15% of their income after they worked all their life ( this will affect all families in Romania without a doubt) , the minimum wage will be dropped with about 20% and all state workers will also suffer cuts of their income somewhere between 15-20%.

This is all after talks with the IMF of course and meanwhile the politicians have considerably grown their fortunes after their closed ones got key positions in administrations , after their closed ones got huge contracts benefiting after the government and the money borrowed from the IMF.

I could go on and on about this but the point is the politicians are not traitors as you said they are, infact they are the cause for this in every country , because of their greed and lack of morale.
Average people are the ones who will pay for the actions of the politicians all their life , and not only them , but their children and grandchildren as well.

Unfortunately in Romania the spirit of 89 died as the time passed by , after 20 long years of struggles and sufferings people don't have the power or the will to raise their voices anymore even if many are telling it like it is in their face.

This will happen more and more in many countries and life as we know it will be history , we will have to adapt and find new ways of surviving, only because of their greed and callousness

join