It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How different are UK ATSers politics?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Well I would have been Hove actually... and the Tories gained from Labour this time... so

My old Oxford one was a Labour hold.

[edit on 7/5/10 by blupblup]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by warsawprice

So who actually won in your constituency? Thats what I'm trying to discover: how similar or different are we to others around us.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum

It is Caroline Lucas that was elected for Brighton Pavilion. I'm not sure, but I expect that means she'll have to give up her European seat.

No, sorry, Perhaps I was not clear.. Caroline Lucas is my local Green MEP (BTW I voted for her) and she is cool

However I am reserving my judgement on the new Green MP gal in the Brighton Pavilion ward, as Brighton tends to be rather hypocritcal on Green issues.

My hope is that she will be LIKE Caroline Lucas (Got Green on the brain) rather than the other MPs that get sucked into the double dealing and hand holding that goes on between Brighton and the Sussex County Councils.

It would make such a nice change

[edit on 7/5/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Yeah I understood that she's an MEP, but she's been elected to Westminster. Check it out:
m.guardian.co.uk...://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/may/07/greens-historic-win-brighton
Apparently she will be giving up her European seat.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Oh, that's cool thanks, I never checked who they voted in... was dreading looking actually.

The history is that Brighton has gone down the route of pushing their waste and sewage disposal services etc outside the town as they don't want those types of smelly services on their doorsteps..

Caroline has been campaigning against that, so I'm really pleased she is their MP
Perhaps we'll get a bit of change, thanks for the update

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join