It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How different are UK ATSers politics?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
OK, so the candidate I voted for didn't get in. That got me wondering just how different from the bulk of UK voters we ATSers are.
These are the results:
Lilian Greenwood - LAB
Votes: 15209 (37.3%)

Rowena Holland - CON
Votes: 13437 (32.9%)

Tony Sutton - LD
Votes: 9406 (23.1%)

Tony Woodward - BNP
Votes: 1140 (2.8%)

Ken Browne - UKIP
Votes: 967 (2.4%)

Matthew Butcher - GRN
Votes: 630 (1.5%) I voted for Tony Sutton LibDem. The only consolation I can take is that the Conservative didn't win.

You can find your local results here.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Well, I live in a Liberal Area... Lewes.. and most around here are up for the conspiracies.. perhaps it is becuase we are rural, or becuase we have spent tens of centuries cultivating our dissent towards the Establishement (now in Westminster)

Hence why our local MP Norman Baker had full support to dig into the details of the murder of Dr David Kelly...

So I am more representative of my area than ATS...

[edit on 7/5/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Yeah, you're lucky to have Norman Baker as an MP. One reason I'm so disappointed here is that Tony Sutton supported the POWER2010 Pledge. That's something I think a lot of us on ATS would agree with, no matter which party we supported, or none at all.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum

Yeah, you're lucky to have Norman Baker as an MP. One reason I'm so disappointed here is that Tony Sutton supported the POWER2010 Pledge. That's something I think a lot of us on ATS would agree with, no matter which party we supported, or none at all.

It is something that I agree on... Both Lab and Con work together to ensure their will is forced on the people.. what a joke of a system we have right now, and the party whip sucks lemons..

Given the situation I really want to see a hung parliment then perhaps they can work on sorting themselves out and ridding themselves of the elitist baggage (I am hopefull) without the people having to resort to voting extremes to get their point across or concerns heard.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
My cousin lives in far southwest England and he told me he voted for the Liberal Democrats. I forgot the name of the guy. Does anyone know if the Liberal Democrat won on the far southwest tip of England?

Edit to Add: He lives in St. Ives

Anyways I supported the Liberal Democrats even though I'm in America. You guys deserve more freedom from your 13 years under the Labour regime. I was reading on Privacy International that the UK has some of the wrost privacy rights in the world, almost as bad as China. I know many of the Lib Dems and some of the Conservatives have been attacking your surveillance society.

[edit on 5/7/10 by Misoir]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
If labour put a thimble for election around here in warley they would get in.... After 13 years of bs you would think they would think about it wouldnt you?? Not these morons... Im bloody angry to be honest... If clegg keeps brown/labour in power then he has blatantly gone against the electorate who clearly want them out and those who actually have brains and vote will remember that....
I voted Tory because the EDP did not have a candidate in my area...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

St. Ives hasn't declared yet because some of the ballots have to come from the Isles of Scilly. That part of the UK is a LibDem stronghold tho.

Yeah thoughtsfull, electoral reform is the single most important long term issue in British politics.

Hey Yissachar1, going against the grain then... somehow I'm not surprised

Worth noting that the UK public didn't want rid of Labour enough to vote in an alternative with a majority. In fact a Lib/Lab pact would represent about 52% of the electorate, whereas the Tories are expected to get about 36%... Hmmm, sounds like a mandate to me.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Only a mandate by default...... It wont last though... I give it 6 months then we will be back at the polls..... Maybe by then... One libdem thing I do agree with... PR..... Will be in place......

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I never voted and never will, just wanted labour out.

Well labour are out and who knows what the feck this all means now. We know its hard to get rid of the people in ower the government. As opposition its always ahrd to come in and take over as the government has alot of power to fix things hint hint.

I reckon labour never got all those seats. But who knows.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Im not long back from living Israel where there has never really been a majority government.... Look how well THAT is turning out

EDA: I replied to my own post
... More coffee or sleep??? Sh*t... Gotta work

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Ofcourse, Greece has been run by majority governments, as have we.
Sadly I cant imagine they'd roll out a referendum on PR within 6 months. Well, the Tories might, in an effort to have it fail.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hey Misoir, the LibDems did hold onto St. Ives. The stats were: iberal Democrat majority: 1,719
Turnout: 68.6%

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Hey Misoir, the LibDems did hold onto St. Ives. The stats were: iberal Democrat majority: 1,719
Turnout: 68.6%

Good. My cousin is probably celebrating right now.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Hmmm, I dunno about celebrating. It hasn't turned out well for anyone. Well, except for the Greens getting their 1st MP.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Misoir

Hmmm, I dunno about celebrating. It hasn't turned out well for anyone. Well, except for the Greens getting their 1st MP.

I am reserving my judgment of the Green MP in Brighton... we'll see if she undoes any of the projects the lefties and torys managed to cook up with the help of Gordo's lot or goes with the flow and ignores it all..

Now Caroline Lucas, our Green MEP gets my thumbs up

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

My area has been Tory for as long as I can remember man...

Although when I was In Brighton it was that way, Nor when I was in Oxford city..

My results.

Result: Banbury
Updated: Friday, 7 May, 2010, 03:54 GMT

CON HOLD

Majority: 18,227

Result in detail:

Tony Baldry - CON
Votes: 29703 (52.8%)

David Rundle - LD
Votes: 11476 (20.4%)

Les Sibley - LAB
Votes: 10773 (19.2%)

David Fairweather - UKIP
Votes: 2806 (5.0%)

Alastair White - GRN
Votes: 959 (1.7%)

Roseanne Edwards - IND
Votes: 524 (0.9%)

Turnout: 56,241

[edit on 7/5/10 by blupblup]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
any governement that wants to tax you on breathing i.e. the carbon tax should not be allowed to lead a country

carbon is one of the four building blocks of life, how can they tax us on that ?
labour did
i voted lib dem, only because i wanted labour out and the conservatives had a run in previous years and eventually ballsed it up, i thought giving someone else a chance might be good for at least a couple of years, and they had a decent view on civil liberties n all
although the bnp are brave to stand for their beliefs i also think they dont approach their policies in the right way, we cant go back to rule brittannia, so move on...plus the media baggage they carry does little to help their cause
so thats lib dem left, but it looks like that didnt mean a testes anyway as they will join either side now to create a coallition, typical i suppose, middle of the road....lol

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It is Caroline Lucas that was elected for Brighton Pavilion. I'm not sure, but I expect that means she'll have to give up her European seat.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The Brighton Pavillion ward has generally been Labour.. That is as far as my dodgy memory serves me
clubbing from 13-14 does that to the brain cells so I am told

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

You voted LibDem, right? Another one out of step with their constituency...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join