It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason 3 - Switching on the Fly. Easily? Help plz.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
First I will say I love Reason 3.

The functionality is incredible and really it can turn any midi keyboard into a world class instrument (Basically).

Here is the question...

I play with a band live. I have a laptop set up with reason 3. I was wondering if there is a way to easily switch sounds on the fly without having to go through a bunch of crap.

I want to make it functional for live music and not just production.

Can anyone help me out in this aspect?

[edit on 7-5-2010 by DaMod]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What do you mean by switch sounds? Changing patches in one of the instruments, or...?

ETA: In that case, the easiest way would probably be to create an instrument with each patch you need loaded and switch which instrument your MIDI controller is controlling as needed.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Well basically what I'm asking is if there is an easy way to switch patches / sound fonts on the fly.

Basically I'm trying to utilize reason for live performance and there are many songs we play that require me to quickly switch sounds and effects.

I've read the manual but I couldn't find anything specific for these purposes.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

This looks like it might be what you're looking for. I've never tried to use Reason on stage, so I can't vouch for the information, but it appears to be a good starting point.

Another thing you might consider is switching to Ableton Live. It does pretty much everything Reason can do, and a bit more. Plus it was specifically designed to be used on stage.

I still like Reason better than Live, but for a concert Live would probably be the better choice.

Hope this helps, and best of luck with your music.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by TheAssociate]

new topics

top topics

join