It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton: Obama Trying to Strip Israel of Nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well, the title pretty much says it all.

“The president is not happy with Israel’s nuclear capabilities. I think he would be delighted if Israel gave up its nuclear weapons,” Bolton asserted.

Now, isn't there a law in the US against providing funds to non-NPT signatories?

Article

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I dont think Obama is acting alone in this.
I think there are some G20 countries
involved in this as well.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
We can only hope. How DARE Israel be treated like everyone else?

Israel should not be treated as ``the chosen race`` because THEY ARE NOT EVEN IF THEY THINK THEY ARE.

And BOLTON SHUT IT YOU WARMONGER SCUMBAG.

A warmonger corrupt bastard like you should be in a nut house, NOT SPEAKING ON TV or WRITING ARTICLES.

But as much as I want Israel to be treated like everyone else, considering the elite plans, I'm pretty sure it's a ploy so the arabs feel free to attack Israel so Israel can be used as the pawn that it is... so the west can invade the middle-east for a final war, kill those who oppose them and seize the oil.

Of course as always the average people of the middle-east, Israel and America will get shafted.

Israel and the US being pawns of the elite as always.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by skoalman88

Obama is not gonna do anything, I can't believe people are still falling for this magician..

The reason why people were charged with witchery in the past had very much to do with individuals such as politicians who can control the masses..

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The point of this post is that Bolton admits Israel has nukes. Israel has not signed the NPT. We have laws here prohibiting the giving of money to non-signatories. What is the law?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

In 2003, Martin van Creveld, a professor of military history at Israel’s Hebrew University, thought that the Al-Aqsa Intifada then in progress threatened Israel's existence.
Van Creveld was quoted in David Hirst's "The Gun and the Olive Branch" (2003) as saying "I consider it all hopeless at this point. ... We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen, before Israel goes under." He quoted General Moshe Dayan: "Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother."

Samson Option

It will not happen, though I wish him all the luck, I repeat, it will not happen.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by skoalman88
The point of this post is that Bolton admits Israel has nukes. Israel has not signed the NPT. We have laws here prohibiting the giving of money to non-signatories. What is the law?

When did laws matter? Everyone knew they had nukes.. For a long time..

You can't have fallen that deep through the cracks of reality to the land of propaganda..

They are well protected..

See Bush lied, invaded Iraq, in result over a million innocent Iraqis died.. Did any laws stop him? He got a peace award for the prize..

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by skoalman88

When did laws matter? Everyone knew they had nukes.. For a long time..

You can't have fallen that deep through the cracks of reality to the land of propaganda..

They are well protected..

See Bush lied, invaded Iraq, in result over a million innocent Iraqis died.. Did any laws stop him? He got a peace award for the prize..

Well there IS a difference here. Nuclear weapon proliferation is the hottest topic in the international community today. The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty is getting a great deal of attention by the UN, US administration, and the world's various media.

Yes everybody knows that Israel has had an arsenal of nuclear weapons for decades. But it was never officially acknowledged, until very recently. Their policy of ambiguity on the matter is no longer tenable in the new geopolitical atmosphere. They are being called out, and will have two options - give up their nuclear weapons (impossible) or join the NNPT (very likely).

So in this context, the law that the OP is referring to is becoming relevant to Israel. Although, the connection between the US and Israel is still incredibly strong... we're certainly not going to stop giving them aid. Because, if push comes to shove, they will simply sign the NNPT just to appease us and not jeopardize their various economic and political interests.

new topics

top topics

join