It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange coincidence or something more?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I was on my way to an appointment today when my car broke down. Unbeknown to me
2 miles away my grandparents broke down at the same exact time 3:20 pm in exactly the same manor. Both our cars engines died with no warning. For both us it took two hours for help to arrive, arriving at the same time. The similarities were so eerie. My grandparents are the ones who raised me and we are very close. If it is more than just coincidence I wonder if that had something to do with it. Also we were headed in the same direction, as far as I know there were no accidents or anything that we would have run into had we not broke down but I can't help but wonder.
What do you guys think? Is it possible it meant something?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hmm, That is strange.
I'd say that would be a pretty big coincidence.
What was wrong with your car? And theirs? Any idea?

~Tragic~

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Is it possible that your (driving) paths were going to cross? And what happened today with the rest of your family, neighbors & friends? It is a very odd coincidence/ synchronicity.
I'm glad you & your grandparents are okay.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Pretty freaky coincidence, my personal opinion is that yes, there was an intervention of sorts. Don't know how it is possible but at time it does happen. And you may never know what you were intervened for.

While traveling to Illinois to take my aunt home to Peoria, as we crossed the state line traffic was backed up for at least 3 miles, sitting still, because of an accident. By the time we made it to the accident site the cars were being loaded and we noted that one of the cars was just like mine. The next morning my aunt flipped out when she read about the accident in the paper. All the occupants were killed including a dog. It was a neice and her husband carrying their aunt home to peoria, and they had her dog with them.
We too were carrying my aunt to peoria, her dog was with us, and we were in the exact same kind and color of car, minutes behind them. A picture was shown of the aunt and her dog, and the dog looked just like my aunt's dog.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tragic

when you stated that both cars broke down at the same time, I started brainstorming Ideas. What I came up with is..

The weather affected a part of each vehicle in the same way. Did you guys buy the same brand oil? Parts? Gasoline?..

My family has had problems with same parts going bad days apart, I really have a gut feeling it has to do something with the temperature affecting parts to make them fail.

Just to get it out of the way, did the weather get really hot or cold that day? or anything weird in particular?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm thinking on a differnt level here. What if you were bound to meet each others vehicles and have an accident? Something intervened. Pretty bizzare indeed.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is indeed quite a coincidence (if you would call it that). I would be looking into where you were both heading, maybe it was some form of intervention (lets not say divine...please?). Also maybe something was changed in the "time line" so that something can happen later on? that is to say maybe you weren't being protected from something, but being set up to have something happen later? (not necessarily something bad)

Another idea, maybe you were apart of something much bigger, and it was just a coincidence that your grandparents were involved.

Look at it this way, events in space time can be perceived like ripples, a car breaks down here, which stops someone from being there, which means something can pass through here etc etc (chaos theory stuff, butterfly flaps its wings in America and creates a tornado in japan)

It might help if you try to look at the bigger picture, think like "maybe it didn't happen to me, i just experienced a small part of the event". If you look at it that way you might be able to make more sense of it. Sometimes it helps me if i think of myself as part of a massive collective consciousness, a hive mind, even if on a completely subconscious level. Maybe someone somewhere wanted something SO bad that they caused two mechanics working at separate times in separate places on separate cars to make the same mistake, resulting in two cars breaking down at a precise time to allow some unforeseen event to take place? far fetched maybe...but plausible still.

Follow the bread crumbs, see where it takes you. Good luck!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Neither one of us knows what is wrong with our vehicles as of yet.
Yes, had we not broken down it would have been possible that our paths would have crossed. I would have ended up going north bound on the same road that they would have been going southbound.

As far as weather goes, I am not sure, it has been sunny but windy here all week. No we wouldn't have used the same gas, oil, ect. They live two towns over from me and would not use the same gas stations I use. They live in a rural area and come to my town to do shopping.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Now that is a very peculiar story. That one is for the records!!!! I love stuff like this, really freaky!!! So many parallels with your situation and theirs wild just wild!!!!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

That is a bizarre coincidence, esp if you would've been going opposite ways on the same road. Hope you all didn't have any appointments or somewhere important to be. Many times I had trouble with my car getting to certain places at specified times like an interview or what not I tell myself it wasn't meant for me to get there it wasn't something I was meant to do. It's probably saved me a lot of aggravation!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well, like I stated earlier; this would be a pretty big "coincidence". I can't give you any more of an explanation than what has already been given here. I'm thankful that you and your family didn't cross paths though cause who knows what may have happened. Who can say for sure. But just remember when you get the bill for your car repairs that it could have been a much more hefty price, ie- your lives.

~Tragic~

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
I'm thinking on a differnt level here. What if you were bound to meet each others vehicles and have an accident? Something intervened. Pretty bizzare indeed.

This was my EXACT thinking as soon as I read the original post. I firmly believe that you and your grandparents were meant to collide that day and something stepped in.

new topics

top topics

join