It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You say all the planets will line up on December 21 2012? not likely

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Galactic refers to GALAXY. Not solar system. Understand? If galactic means planets to you, that's not really my fault.

NASA photo of galactic center

[edit on 6/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I am at work ...

And I was just correcting some of the info that you posted ... so no one gets confused.

Yes the dark rift can be seen in the approximate direction of galactic centre ... it is not the black hole at galactic centre ... as you said.

[edit on 6/5/10 by Horza]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

OKAY I forgot the word "where" I so very sorry

[edit on 6/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

He is denying everything and even claiming that there was no pole shift in the past? there is evidence to be found, tell me how can you explain then why seashells are in the desert honestly don't quote him.

Are you through editing? I don't want to miss anything.
There are seashells in the desert because almost all/all of the world has been underwater at one time or another, just not all at the same time. Take a look at this:
www.desertusa.com...
I don't know how you tie that to a pole shift.

But, back to original topic-if you don't like NASA, here's another one:
www.universetoday.com...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
can anyone confirm if 2012 has any bizarre astronomical happenings?

two sites i reference alot on 2012 are:
www.2012hoax.org...
and
www.universetoday.com...

i dont entireley think universe today is right and im more inclined to trust the site above it but they are good references for fact.

i so far believe that something will happen
all the planets in our ss are heating up and the sun in coming to the end of the solar cycle
and we are entering asteroid rich part of the galaxy
and there may be (i doubt) a planet x as a asteroid or star
plus its close to 2013 so i think that will mean something will happen.
the numerology of that year

[edit on 7-5-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

That's the Same article using his points in a form of there own talking memo points, sorry i ain't buying it that article.

I believe there was a pole shift in the past which caused the deserts to have seashells not only seashells but other effects to.

There wise It would have never been called the great flood if it wasn't one

Ok if you trust NASA so much tell me this why have they withhold all information about water on the moon? or even radiation?

If we really landed on the moon why did NASA say anything about the water back then?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Many have it wrong about 2012 , firstly it is not the end of the world .Secondly the date is December 23rd not 21st .The 23rd of December breaks down into a numerical cycle of 13 , this relates to the Mayan 13 heavens and 9 underworlds . On December 23 2012 the sun aligns with the Thirteenth Zodiac Ophiucus at the center of the Dark rift ( the birth canal ) . Sadly I am sure that for many the end will come for those waiting for the 21st as many will suicide as their disapointment takes hold . Hang in there another two days people , You just may get what you have been waiting for . I can go into this much further , with things such as baktans = the Christian 144,000 and such but I don't have time .I will check this thread again and add as nessasary later . In the mean time do a little research for Yourself if what I have said too You is new . No harm no foul .

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I am by no means an expert on the topic, but the alignment, as others here have touched upon, is our solar system entering the plane of the ecliptic of the milky way galaxy.
Like so:

The worry that some have is that when we cross through that plane it will cause gyrations to the Ort Cloud or the Kipper Belt, sending objects into the solar system to possibly impact with the Earth.

A second concern is that our galaxy generates a bow shock, the same way that our solar system, and our planet does. The bow shock acts as a sort of shield protecting the Earth, our Solar system, and our Galaxy from various degrees of harmful radiation:

There is a theory out there that when we cross the galactic plane that we will be closer to the edge of the bow shock, and exposed to possibly hazardous levels of cosmic radiation.

No one really knows what will happen for sure, but there is science that seems to correlate the bobbing of our solar system through the galactic plane with periodic extinction level events that have occurred throughout the history of our planet:

The Nemesis Star theory is also based on this idea of a cyclic extinction pattern relating to extraterrestrial events:

So the big question now is what causes these events to occur on such a regular basis, and are we heading into another event...

Galactic plane oscillations
Muller has also speculated the periodicity of mass extinctions may be related to the solar system's oscillation through the plane of our Milky Way galaxy as it rotates around the galactic centre, with a number of possible hypothesized effects including gravitationally-induced comet showers or periods of intense radiation as the solar system hits the galactic shock wave.

Passage through galactic spiral arms
It has also been suggested that extinction events correlate to the passage of the solar system through the spiral arms of the Milky Way. The Earth passes through all four arms every 700 million years, and there is some evidence to suggest a cyclicity of extraterrestrial activity back to 2 billion years ago.

Nemesis is a hypothetical hard-to see red dwarf star or brown dwarf, orbiting the Sun at a distance of about 50,000 to 100,000 AU (about 1-2 light years), somewhat beyond the Oort cloud. This star was originally postulated to exist as part of a hypothesis to explain a perceived cycle of mass extinctions in the geological record, which seem to occur once every 26 million years or so.

Hope that helps explain it better...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

He is denying everything and even claiming that there was no pole shift in the past? there is evidence to be found, tell me how can you explain then why seashells are in the desert honestly don't quote him.

Are you through editing? I don't want to miss anything.
There are seashells in the desert because almost all/all of the world has been underwater at one time or another, just not all at the same time. Take a look at this:
www.desertusa.com...
I don't know how you tie that to a pole shift.

But, back to original topic-if you don't like NASA, here's another one:
www.universetoday.com...

From the Link, and this goes for most mainstream science: No conclusions on any thing, you the same information, but the date/years applied to the events/object in discussion varies(?) so much that it becomes almost hard to take them seriously..

Just like the Earth orbits the Sun, the Sun itself is part of the Milky Way galaxy. It takes about 220 million years for the Sun to complete a single journey around the Milky Way. But the Sun also bobs up and down as it travels in orbit around the center of the galaxy. The oscillation takes a total of 64 million years to complete. And there's a moment when the Sun passes directly through the galactic disk and there's a perfect galactic alignment between the Sun and the center of the galaxy.

Above, they Clearly states the sun passes thru the Gal.Plane and over to the other side, yes ?
And When you look at other mainstream sites, they say things like 'We passed in 1997, no problem' and others, among NASA astronomers say 'We never pass the Gal.Plane, we move very close to it, but we never cross it' etc..

It is very easy to understand why the 'timeline' on such huge catastrophic events are not talked about in the Mainstream, ofcourse they are going to feed us 'millions and millions of years' Bravo Sierra stuff, they have to.

Is the Maya right ? Did'nt they learn anything studying the stars for thousands of years, and our satellites can understand/predict/explain better after only some 50/60 years or so? (Not sure when the first satellites went into space
)

This is by far any Mainstream site, but here it is claimed that:

Yes! Earth will pass through the galactic plane in 2012. But that’s nothing out of the ordinary. As seen from the sun, Earth crosses the Milky Way’s galactic plane (also called the galactic equator) twice a year, every year.
Some Blog Site

We Cross it twice a year even
, this is the kind of information that is out there and belive is correct and just moves on...

You have that negro NASA man too, saying we alligne with the Sun and Milkyway every year, and that is correct, what is supposed to allign in 2012, is the Sun.Earth,Gal.plane AND the Center of the Sgr.center.
4 points of allignment, not three(Sun,Earth and Gal.plane.)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

That's the Same article using his points in a form of there own talking memo points, sorry i ain't buying it that article.

I believe there was a pole shift in the past which caused the deserts to have seashells not only seashells but other effects to.

Ok if you trust NASA so much tell me this why have they withhold all information about water on the moon? or even radiation?

If we really landed on the moon why did NASA say anything about the water back then?

I also don't trust what NASA has to say. They have lied and cheated on a lot of stuff so what say they don't manipulate data liked the people who started global warming? They do have to get grants from the government to continue to do research so they will manipulate things so they can get it. If they were not looking for planet X then why build WISE? Just use what you got. also they found many of things in space and they just classified 400 "rocks" to the public.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Tell me what you guys think. I know a lot of you guys believe 2012 is going to happen. But it's not.

Erm, I think 2012 is going to happen, just like 2011 will happen and 2013 will happen and even 2014 will happen. Just like 2010 is happening now.

Sorry to split hairs but 2012 is a year. What occurs in that year remains to be seen.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Tell me what you guys think. I know a lot of you guys believe 2012 is going to happen. But it's not.

Erm, I think 2012 is going to happen, just like 2011 will happen and 2013 will happen and even 2014 will happen. Just like 2010 is happening now.

Sorry to split hairs but 2012 is a year. What occurs in that year remains to be seen.

wow, thanks for the insightful post.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
If you open the program Stellarium and set the date to 2012/12/21 and the time to about 4:00 am and then fast forward slowly throughtout the day, you can see all the plants rising in a straight line.

It's pretty cool

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart

wow, thanks for the insightful post.

You are very welcome.
#
Second lineeee

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

In fact, let me make it insightful. No one knows whether the crossing of the Galactic Plane will have any affect to our planet or not.

Only recently do we have recorded history(unless you count cave paintings):wink:.

So... to say that nothing catastrophic will happen in the year 2012 is pure conjecture. Just like saying something catastrophic will happen in 2012, it's all conjecture.

Thus, making this thread redundant.

Lets hope, that all remains calm.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart
lol you can't, that's what's going to happen. it doesn't have anything to do with 2012 madness or people's crazy theories.

Galactic alignment is just as absurd as planetary alignment... there is absolutely no scientific backing for this and I would encourage you to try and find any.

There is no such thing as "the helical rising of the galactic center" or "crossing the galactic plane"... these are made up... meaning, there is no such thing and even the phrases themselvs have absolutely no scientific relevance.

we've been fooled.

How are we suppose to align with something in 2012 that we are already in perminent alignment with at all times?

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Hullabaloo]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
My understanding of Astronomy and the events that are happening on that date is that the solar system as we know it is not native to the Milky way galaxy. The current Milky Way is a composit spiral galexy, the product of 2 galaxies that collided along time ago. The sun has not been in the plane of the glactic center line for a long time and that on that date, the sun and solar system will be in line with the rest of the galaxy. The sun will line up with the galatic center. Now what affects that will have on the solar system and the rest of the stars in our neighborhood, no one really knows and can only speculate.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'd love to see any real data that there will be such an alignment in 2012.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Why would the pole shift be the cause of seashells in the deserts please explain

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
1, many deserts have been proven at being under water at some point in their lives, they have found whales skeletons in the desert. they were under water, pole shift had nothing to do with it.

as for 3 point galactic alignment, yes, it happens every year. as for 4 point alignment, its rare but it happens, just like eclipses.

next, watch This Video

and This Video

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join