It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You say all the planets will line up on December 21 2012? not likely

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

The site itself www.gunn.co.nz...
Tell me what you guys think. I know a lot of you guys believe 2012 is going to happen. But it's not. No planet alignment or anything of that nature.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Now I don't believe the world is going to end anytime soon. Maybe is a couple million years when the sun becomes a red giant. Hopefully buy that time we will not destroy ourselves.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
it's actually our sun aligning with the center of the galaxy
[2nd line]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Are you serious? Oh G-D. now how am I'm going to prove that wrong?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
lol you can't, that's what's going to happen. it doesn't have anything to do with 2012 madness or people's crazy theories.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Well if you can outsmart the astro-physicists and astronomers then let me know. I don't think the world is gonna end, but I do think that the galactic center will be lined up with the sun and earth. No offense I just trust the guys with the pocket-protecters more on this topic.

[edit on 6/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

link   
I never read anything on a galactic alignment? I know that our Sun, Moon and Earth while be dead center on the Milkyway. Which is called the dark rift.

link   
croikey double post!!!!!!!

[edit on 6-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

What you describe IS galactic alignment. That dark area in the Milky Way in Sagittarius is where the center of the galaxyis, which is a black hole.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Why? Why would you use that source to try and argue against ancient stories. 2012 aint about a god's view looking down on the solar system... Its about what the solar system, (stars and planets) look like from earth... To try and argue the point of 2012 in any other way is just disingenuous as hell. I just don't get it, your picture doesn't make a lick of sense in light of ancient cultures and what they passed down...

(walks away scratching head
)

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 6-5-2010 by littlebunny]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Do you think we can be closer to a black hole soon? If we have an galactic alignment.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

Well I thought people meant the planets would align with the sun and pretty much I found that site. The site is accurate with planetary moving around the sun. So now I guess it's an galactic alignment.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

No the black hole will stay right smack in the center of the spinning galaxy. It will just be in a straight line with the sun and earth. Like if you were drawing a line...not anything with the proximity.
It's a rare occurence, but I don't know that it would cause any destruction or not. I'm just waiting till the day comes to see for sure what happens. Probably just another day, with something unusual going on in space.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Yeah. Maybe we would have a good view of the black hole though.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Only from the perspective of the Earth. It has no astronomical significance.

And, by the way, it happened last year and the year before that ... and it will happen this year and next year and the year after and the year after and the ye ... Etc for quite a while

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
astrobiology.nasa.gov...

Question

I'm sorry if you received a lot of questions concerning 2012, but I must ask....Is there really a reason to be concerned about the safety of the earth in 2012 when the earth passes through the dark rift? as part of the galactic alignment? I am mostly interested in what 'the dark rift' is rather than whether the sun will centre the galaxy.

You are asking about one aspect of the 2012 hoax that I have not discussed, because I didn't think anyone would take it seriously. The "dark rift" is just a popular name for the broad and diffuse dust clouds in the inner arm of the Milky Way Galaxy, which block our view of the galactic center. The entire "galactic alignment" scare is pretty crazy. Late in December the Sun is always approximately in the direction of the center of the Galaxy as seen from the Earth, but so what? It happens every year, and the years around 2012 are no different. There are no special forces from the galactic plane or the galactic center. The only important force that acts on the Earth is gravitation, and that is dominated by the Sun and Moon. The planets have no measurable effect, and that is why astronomers don't care about so-called planetary alignments either. But the con-men and snake-oil salesmen who are trying to scare you have decided to use these meaningless phrases about "alignments" and the "dark rift" and "photon belt" precisely because they are not understood by the public. It is too bad, but there is no law against lying on the Internet or anywhere else except in a court of law. As far as the safety of the Earth is concerned, the important threats are from global warming and loss of biological diversity, and perhaps someday from collision with an asteroid or comet, not the pseudoscientific claims about 2012.

David Morrison
NAI Senior Scientist
April 7, 2009

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
To above me poster

David Morrison
NAI Senior Scientist ?

He is denying everything and even claiming that there was no pole shift in the past? there is evidence to be found, tell me how can you explain then why seashells are in the desert honestly don't quote him.
?
www.eman8.net...

I cant believe you members at ATS are all quoting David Morrison

2012 hoax? coming from a soon to be retired member?

This makes me laugh, and also makes ask me question why did NASA skip the moon landings.

Also If 2012 is and something willl happen, why is there one memeber of NASA talking and denying everything about 2012?

at ats some memebers already proved NASA can manipulated star images by using photo software's.

So again tell me why should we trust something coming from one person out of NASA?

He also mentions the 12 books of planet x, i wonder if even bothered of reading them.

NASA is a joke, and a wasted agency.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

No ... what he is describing is a band of space dust that lies in between us and the Sagittarius arm of our galaxy ... it blocks light.

It has nothing to do with the centre of our galaxy (edit to add - actually it blocks our approximate view of galactic centre) BUT it is only significant from the Earth's (possibly the solar system) perspective.

Edit to add:

source

The Mayans thought this was the road to the underworld.

They had really fantastic astronomical awareness ...

[edit on 6/5/10 by Horza]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

That is where the galactic center is as well--in Sagittarius. BTW you are lagging a bit in your responses aren't ya? Google?
BTW when did I ever say anything about how it would appear anywhere BUT Earth?? Go flame someone else man.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by dragnet53

What you describe IS galactic alignment. That dark area in the Milky Way in Sagittarius is the center of the galaxy, which is a black hole.

well from the term "galactic" it to me shows all planets aligning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join