It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's now obvious why the market ``crashed``

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I heard it was due to a person who pressed a -b- instead of an -m- and they thought he was devaluing a stock by _ billion instead of _ million.

I'm sure if you are right, which I'm not saying you aren't, then Dylan Ratigan would have been all over it.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This makes alot more sense than someone mistyping a b instead of an m and thereby crippling the market. Excellent analysis.

Star and flag

And amazingly the crash stopped just shy of Market lock.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

If it's true, the saddest part about it is that congress doesn't have the balls to stand up to economic terrorism.

They can't see the bigger picture, because none of them are in it for the long haul. They are only in it for themselves, and for the short term, because they are constantly thinking about "getting re-elected."

The surest way to end all this corruption and stupidity is go set term limits. If we limited terms to one term only, then the people who run for congress would run because they truly wanted to go in and do some good for the country. They would have long-term results on their mind, and the long-term health of the country on their minds....not short term gains.

Instead, we have power-hungry, greedy lawyers in charge, and the farthest they can think is "Oh no, I'll never get re-elected if this happens on MY watch!" So, instead of coming out and talking to the American people (like Ron Paul does) and telling them the TRUTH of what's happening....they just give in to the economic terrorists.

I say, screw the banker's threats....do what we have to do to straighten out the country. If we do it, and the stock market crashes....well, it was inevitable anyway. The only thing the bailout did was forestall the inevitable stock market crash for a few years. Let the damn thing crash and start completely over, I say.

Think about it this way (a metaphor):

Ever been working on a big project on your computer, and then your computer freezes up? Now, let's say you had been working on a project that had just taken you hours, and you had a lot of time, thought, and work invested, but you forgot to hit the save button. Then your computer freezes in the middle of all this hard work. You can't go forward, because it's locked up. But if you reboot, you will lose all your hard work and effort?

What do you do? Keep the computer on night and day, praying that it will magically "unlock itself" ? Or do you just bite the bullet, re-boot, and realize that you are going to lose a lot of hard work down the drain and have to start over?

Eventually, you are going to have to re-boot. You don't want to lose all your hard work, but it's frozen, and you have no other choice.

The problem with congress is, they are waiting for someone else to come in and push the re-boot button, because they don't want to be held responsible for the temporary effects of re-booting the entire system. So, they just sit, every day, working around the locked-up, frozen system, and pray that it will magically start working again.

(End of metaphor.)

Time for a re-boot.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by nikiano]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

from what i heard, if there is a billion dollar exchange or w/e, a few people need to clear that transaction before it reflects on the market.

I dont think this was a mistake.

Remember during the war in 1812, (i forgot this guys name) but he caused a rumor saying napoleon won the war crashing the market allowing him to usurp all those devalued shares, and stocks. (i cant believe i cant remember this guys name!) But we all know napoleon didn't win. When that news came in, markets shot back up, and well this guy made a fortune.

kind of similar. Cause a crash... buy the cheap misaligned stocks, and then you have instant short selling wealth after the correction.

1000 points in such a short period of time... natural? glitch? no way!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

List of senators and their votes. Check and see who had the, well you know, to stand up to the big bankers.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD
This makes alot more sense than someone mistyping a b instead of an m and thereby crippling the market. Excellent analysis.

Makes more sense than the claim i keep hearing that it was a reaction to Greece having economic troubles, also.

All due respect to Greece, but i don't think North American markets would be that dependant on their economy.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

The problem is rumored to be a trade in Proctor and Gamble stock (via a trade in Citigroup), though other sources cite the problems in Greece as the foundation. The crash lasted for a period of about 15-30 minutes:

(Blog with a few more details on the P&G angle)
blogs.wsj.com...

One little trade error crashes the market? Logically then this would happen all the time.

Economic terrorism aka postmodern warfare or cyber terrorism? Some one hack their super computers? Or did some hack wack the underlings back into line? Either way it's all wack.

And looks like its still going down today.
finance.yahoo.com...

[edit on 7-5-2010 by DChenO]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Is there a room where all of the bankers sit around a table all day long coming up with schemes to exercise their power and crash the market at a whim? I mean is it like in an Austin Powers movie? I think this is far fetched that what happened yesterday was blackmail. It sounds like all of the buys got scared off and so the only thing left were the sellers and then it started to feed on itself. Then word came that it was an error and the buyers came back in. It proves the market can be manipulated but I still have trouble imagining the 'bankers' getting together and deciding to do this. It also proves they'll have to do more than this if they want to succeed in a collapse because the moment it was mentioned than an error occurred people jumped back in to snatch up the good deals.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It was a response to what the banks considered a threat.

They made it perfectly clear who controls this country.

If the elected officials of this country were not in on the game,it would have been allowed to crash completely.

Nation-wide strike anyone?,tit for tat?,might as well show them who they depend upon to play their silly games,yes?.

Nah,we ain't got enough sack for that.

But until we do,it only will get worse.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

It's a room much like this one we enjoy now,you and I are denied access to it.

Prodigies are sought out to protect their secrets.

They are called "Hackers".

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

THIS IS FINANCIAL TERRORISM PEOPLE.

The banks have taken over the US!

WAKE UP.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

The Banks had the United States by the balls for nearly 100 years now. It is only Because of people Like Ron Paul, Alan Grayson, and websites like ATS that people are finally waking up to all of this fascist BS.

The Banks (in their current form) are the most socially paralyzing institution ever devised in the history of man. Keep posting, keep handing out fliers and pamphlets, keep protesting and never stop shouting from the rooftops, we are getting through.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

The banks have had the entire world by the balls since the beginning of recorded history,greed has been here longer.

We feed them by using them,our options are being eliminated incrementally.

You can see it if you look past the chaos.

Greed is a cancer.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Good analysis, no even I, knew about the vote today, but we knew that the big monopoly banks will never allow to be divided.

To tell you the truth all this market manipulation and ponzi Scheme is looking like a bad world control and domination movie.

Is going to take what the people in Greece is doing to change something in this nation.

I agree with you 100 percent marg6043 the only problem is the government and big buisness are betting against us that we won't do anything, which is why they are doing all the things they are doing right now. They are probably saying, try and stop us, there is nothing you can do...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
i would have to agree--- yesterday the Plunge, was a deliberately engineered market disturbance.

imagine if you will, not a giant conspiracy contrived in a board-room...
but rather a diligent floor manager at the investment arm at Citi getting the infected high-speed trading of P&G into the system causing a cascade of other trading computer programs to react instantly

now, what if GoldmanSachs also joined with another major market maker
and sent in these malicious trades, then the crash may be greater by powers of magnitude... and its all easily passed on as a glitch and not destructive by intentional action....

the system is getting played, all with a plausible glitch explaination...

the wildcatter floor manager at the citi complex, will secretly share just how he composed the Thursday Plunge, executed the infection, allowed the market 'breakers' to self correct the infrastructure damage...

and propose how to combine two different market makers into a orchestrated operation to crash portions of the overall market to their advantage & then allow the markets to regain their losses over time.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
i think id enjoy watching the market crash, just to see the corporate fat cats rip at eatchothers throats. that would make it all worth it.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I too find it hard to believe this was an accident, if that were the case wouldn't it happen more often?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by Misoir

from what i heard, if there is a billion dollar exchange or w/e, a few people need to clear that transaction before it reflects on the market.

I dont think this was a mistake.

Remember during the war in 1812, (i forgot this guys name) but he caused a rumor saying napoleon won the war crashing the market allowing him to usurp all those devalued shares, and stocks. (i cant believe i cant remember this guys name!) But we all know napoleon didn't win. When that news came in, markets shot back up, and well this guy made a fortune.

kind of similar. Cause a crash... buy the cheap misaligned stocks, and then you have instant short selling wealth after the correction.

1000 points in such a short period of time... natural? glitch? no way!

The name is Nathan Rothschild..

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If thats the case...
We should just riot anyways...
Then our politicians would just say no and actually grow some bawls.
And tell these sleezeball bankers to go find some other country launder and borrow money from..
Banks are making America look like their bitch...
It's kinda like a gang.
They hear about how someone in the neighbor hood is going to snitch em out, they use scumbag tactics like this.
I think this was entirely constructed by the banks, as they threatened "absolute Chaos" when the "audit the fed" bill became apparent.
I dont believe in coincidence. and I dont believe in gangs either.I dont understand why people get the picture and just with draw their money out of these banks and go with something small and local

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
What crash?

This was a market reaction to global economic troubles.

Fear and paranoia is far more rampant and effective amongst investors than conspiracy theorists.

The real crash if/when it happens will be when the indexes lose 50% or more before trading is halted.

That day will come soon enough, and no one in government or in the banking world wants that to happen.

Today was a great buy and sell opportunity... Some smart people could have made a lot of money.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

Whoa buddy, that last bit you said there is really telling, I think. Could THAT have been the motivation? Temporarily free-fall the markets, so that those "in the know" could capitalize and make ENORMOUS profits? Isn't there a way to check and see if that indeed happened? I don't know a great deal about the regulations of the stock market.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join