It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cover-up: BP's Crude Politics and the Looming Environmental Mega-Disaster

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I WAS WONDERING WHY THE MEDIA BLACKOUT IN THE FIRST PLACE, WAS THERE SOMETHING THEY DIDNT WANT US TO SEE OR NOT SEE? BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, WHY HAS NO ONE ASKED THE QUESTION, WHERE IS OUR "FREEDOM OF THE PRESS". THAT IS HOW FAR IT HAS COME IN MY HUMBLE OPINION. WE JUST ACCEPTED THE FACT THAT THE GOVT BLACKED OUT THE MEDIA SO THAT WAS THAT. I GUESS WE ALL ARE SHEEPLE AFTER ALL.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimistoned

There is another major threat looming for inland towns and cities. With hurricane season in effect, there is a potential for ocean oil to be picked up by hurricane-driven rains and dropped into fresh water lakes and rivers, far from the ocean, thus adding to the pollution of water supplies and eco-systems.

Ok i dont live in US. . but if this happens OMG. . dont know what will happen. .it is a grave concern

Ummm, no. It's not a concern, nor even remotely a possibility. Oil can be blown by the wind. Oil can be moved along by the currents and disturbed by the waves. Oil cannot be evaporated and fall as rain because of a hurricane. Oil can be caught up in a waterspout, which doesn't last for long. It would come down as rain. Oil can be brought inland by a storm surge. No rain there. The hurricane would also blow some inland, but it would also blow some out.

So, unless you're talking about the areas that are usually affected by storm surges, your worrying yourself for nothing. Oh, and our hurricane season is still a few weeks off.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lolamae

The article says that Oilgeddon was labeled a National Security Threat so that all media concerning the event could be controlled. This is really happening.

(*NOTE* I'm not looking for a monument or anything, but I coined the term 'Oilgeddon' and it's not an official term... yet)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dr dodge

Thank you for your detailed reply. I have seen pictures of the robotic sub supposedly trying to turn a valve. I said: "how can the water be so clear?"

I've read that the pipe coming out of the well is 5 feet in diameter and oil and gas is coming out at over 60,000psi.

The bottom line: if the wellhead and containment structure have been blown away and oil/gas is gushing out like a volcano (as FLA gov Christ has alluded to numerous times) the oil is filling up the gulf from the bottom. Check out these sat pics from NatGeo. news.nationalgeographic.com...-oil-spill-satellite-p icture-timeline-april-21_19871_600x450.jpg

The slick on the top of the water is a fraction of the oil. The brownish water is not brackish runoff from the mississippi as some debunkers have claimed. You can see from the first sat pic to the last how much the oil has spread.

(**BTW** NatGeo is the only MS site where I have seen real sat pics. That should tell us a lot. All we see from the MSM is the same sat pic taken from 4.22 that shows the oil on the surface.)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Z.S.P.V.G.

can you update your link with a URL tag?

Thanks!

btw love your signature!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
well,

here is a simple way to clean oil from water: with hay, yes you read it right, hay

but will they use it? not if it's not profitable

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Z.S.P.V.G.

No, the oil is not filling up the gulf from the bottom. Oil floats on water. Any oil escaping from the well immediately goes to the surface.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

That is the coolest idea I have seen for the oil disaster. I wonder if they'll do it. Probably not. Who knows.

I hope they do.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5

That is the coolest idea I have seen for the oil disaster. I wonder if they'll do it. Probably not. Who knows.

I hope they do.

well I am skeptical too, but this is an excellent idea and should be general knowledge for everyone

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Straw was used over here (UK) when the tanker went down in Scotland..

Worked fine but an extremely messy clean up dragging them back in.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Thats actually a pretty clever idea...

But in logistics it would be a problem to deploy that massive quantity of hay and then how to remove it? I mean it will weight far more with the oil, the machinery to do that would have to be incredibly strong...

I think the theory is good and practice applied to it on a small scale is nice, but on this massive scale I dont think its doable...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It is going to be a political issue now, and the fate of the economy hangs in the balance.

Regardless of what you want to believe, this unfortunate event in the gulf will be exploited for political gain.

Politically it can now be effectively argued that offshore drilling is too risky, so if we can't decrease our dependence on foreign oil then we must decrease our dependence on oil period.

Cap and trade anyone?

Naturally demand is going to only continue to grow, so the only logical way to reduce that demand is to raise the price so high that the demand will drop.

The problem is, we have already seen the snowball effect of higher fuel prices, and it will only serve to make an already bad economy much worse.

Alternative energy will not happen soon enough.

Eventually what will happen is you are going to be faced with much higher fuel costs.

Those higher fuel costs will be passed on to consumers in much higher costs for nearly everything and that will have an effect on people who are already struggling to get by on shrinking family budgets.... More mortgage failures, bad debt, bankruptcies and in record numbers beyond anything seen yet... more badness... more decline... Ultimately markets crash and it will be unstoppable this time no matter how much money the fed prints.

What we should do is drill more, despite the BP disaster, and we should do it anywhere and everywhere we can... But you know that isn't going to happen now... despite the fact that it will literally mean life or death for the economy.

They couldn't have planned for a better means to demonize oil exploration and drilling... And the timing was incredibly perfect.

Learn to say goodbye to your way of life now, if you haven't already... Things are going to change dramatically over the next 2 to 3 years.

It isn't going to be good.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Sickening, disheartening, should have never happened.
There were not the appropriate safeguards in place, and heads should roll over this one.

news.suite101.com...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by marianneliz

I tried to read the posted website you had put up, but my virus detector alerted me of a critical virus.
Will you cut&Paste the applicable info. on another post? Or at least reiterate what the article was about?
TY

I have been trying to keep up on this event, and I have to say, so far as the protection of teh coastal areas are concerned, the hay idea is very simple and seemingly very effective in keeping the crude from hitting land fall. IMHO, I would do it as a precautionary action.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join