It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill aims to strip certain Americans of their citizenship

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Bill aims to strip certain Americans of their citizenship

www.cnn.com

A bipartisan group of legislators on Thursday introduced legislation in Congress to strip citizenship from any American found to be involved in terrorism.

If the Terrorist Expatriation Act passes, an American would lose citizenship if found to have provided material support or resources to a foreign terrorist organization -- as designated by the secretary of state -- or participated in actions against the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
"Actions against the United States"? I don't like the sound of that. Sounds like we can say goodbye to our militia groups.

I wonder how many so called 'terrorists' will lose their citizenship if this bill passes. I also wonder what they consider an action against the United States.

It sounds to me like they could use this as an excuse to get rid of anyone who's stirring up a little trouble.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If that had passed before the Hutaree were set up, they would still be called evil terrorists and in Guantanamo with no trial.

GUESS WHAT? The judge tossed out the case because IT WAS UTTER BS AND MADE UP.

The government wants to pass this so they can frame anyone they want, call them terrorist and send them to Guantanamo for execution and torture.

And OBAMA WAS SUPPOSED TO CLOSE GUANTANAMO AND NOW THEY WANT TO PASS LEGISLATION TO EXPAND IT?

HAHAHAHA WHAT A SICK JOKE.

And when you know who they call terrorists in their MIAC report... RON PAUL, CHUCK BALDWIN, ect... In Oklahoma if you're in a non-state approved militia, you're a terrorist... totally anti-constitutional.... ect...

And if you still believe Obama is an honest and good guy, there's just NO WAY FOR YOU TO SEE THE LIGHT... AND YOU HAVE AN IQ BELOW 80.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Unfortunately, the case has NOT been thrown out and they are STILL in jail tonight!

This law is going to be challenged I'm sure. There are very few ways to loose your citizenship. Proven traitorous acts have not in the past been a legal way to lose citizenship. As a precedent, it might make this law very hard to use in a court of law!

Zindo

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
The government wants to pass this so they can frame anyone they want, call them terrorist and send them to Guantanamo for execution and torture.

And OBAMA WAS SUPPOSED TO CLOSE GUANTANAMO AND NOW THEY WANT TO PASS LEGISLATION TO EXPAND IT?

This has nothing to do with Obama. It's Joe Lieberman.

Stripping an American citizen of his citizenship is a terrible idea! They are citizens and we have laws that cover how to deal with criminals. This could set a terrible precedent. In 5 years, someone could introduce a bill that would strip a citizen of his citizenship if he was involved in another kind of crime. Let's say a crime where a firearm was involved or a crime involving a minor... This is just Lieberman pandering to the far right.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
We should be sending Lieberman to Guantanamo.

What an asshat.

It's Joe Lieberman.

McCain and Graham as well I believe. The 3 Maverick Amigos!!

[edit on 6-5-2010 by David9176]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Who cares, the U.S. is a corporation why would you want to be a citizen of a corporate fiction?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
LOL. That would be great. Isn't Bin Laden CIA trained?

I find this funny as our own Government has supported the now so called terrorists in the past.

What a joke.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah but guess what, I'll be my bottom dollar THAT OBAMA WOULD SIGN IT IF IT PASSES. I'm sure he loves it, like his master does.

NO WAY IN HELL HE PUTS HIS VETO ON IT.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What can you say
even conspiracy theorists don't understand the situation
what can we do?

I've said so many times that the AZ bill has nothing to do with immigration
And this bill has nothing to do with terrorism

Neocons detest the constitution and human rights
This is an attack on freedom, basic civil rights and even individualism

Understand this, whether we talk about the msm or the alternative media community very few people get this, VERY FEW!

We are our own worse enemy!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
joe lieberman is a dual-citizen traitorous Khazar. He deserves to be stripped of his citizenship and more. When the Pot is backed into the corner of its own vermin it starts to lash out at the Kettle.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by TSawyer]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

People we have to start a unintended consquences forum--a book by john ross describing when people have had enough with government.
Joe would be on this list---unintended consquences---by john ross-go read

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
"an American would lose citizenship if found to have provided material support or resources to a foreign terrorist organization -- as designated by the secretary of state"

By-pass due process, juries and transparency.. then punish a US citizen based on the word of a political appointee.. lol, wow.. the fascist oligarchs must be a bit concerned someone might turn on them.. time to openly grab power & erode a few more rights.

The next militia types arrested will declared "un-persons", promptly be sent to GETMO, and tortured into confessing before the pre-hanging show trial.. even Kin Jong Ill would be like "Damn, that's f'ed up yo"

Best to avoid US government stooges being embarrassed in open court by hilariously incompetent "police work" that gets questioned by commie-pinko lawyers who hate freedom... understandable, the gestapo didn't like "questions" either.

Lets say you're in the "I have nothing to hide or fear" camp, ask yourself how many times you have used that bargaining to excuse away govt power grabs?.. PATRIOT act?, I have nothing to hide, spying on US citizens?, nope.. I'm sill good, retardation of Miranda rights?.. why should I worry, loss of citizenship?.. I'm not a terrorist.. but when does the rights erosion finally end?.. what road are the GOP & DNC driving us down with these new laws?

Think this law was written in a few days by these idiot clowns?.. to address this alleged NYC "terrorist" attack where nobody has been tried or found guilty?.. haha, this is probably an old power grab like the PATRIOT act, written awhile ago... the right crisis was needed to dust it off and make people think these freaks are on top of American security.

Hilarious theater..

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
do you have a link for that?
thx

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It has a little do with Obama in that I haven't read anything yet where he's come out and called out Lieberman for this ridiculous non-sense and that this is a total suspension of due process. He'll talk about the Arizona thing but he won't talk about something like this, which is a big deal. Especially since he touts that he is such a "constitutional scholar".

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I knew we already had the power to denaturalize a naturalized citizen under certain circumstances, but apparently this bill is redundant as we already have a system in place to expatriate people, even if they are natural born citizens.

Clinton Weighs in on Lieberman Bill

Clinton explained that the State Department already has expatriation authority within U.S. law that permits the State Department to rescind American citizenship if someone shows some kind of allegiance to a foreign state.

U.S. citizenship is "a privilege, not a right," Clinton said, adding that people who enter into U.S. citizenship through naturalization swear to uphold their oath to the Constitution and that those who serve foreign terrorists "are clearly in violation, in my personal opinion, of that oath which they swore when they became citizens."

reply to post by Vitchilo

White House Gives Chilly Reception to Lieberman’s Citizenship-Stripping Bill

“I have not heard anybody inside the administration that's been supportive of that idea,” Gibbs said.

Gibbs said he had “not heard large enumerations on why, except that I don't think anybody would find that to be such an effective way.”

You could be right. Obama may sign it. But I haven't seen any indication of that. but the point is moot as we already have a way to do this as explained above.

Even more reason to believe that Lieberman, McCain and Graham are blowing smoke for the midterms. Wasting taxpayer money and time on something that already exists.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This is just Lieberman pandering to the far right.

Absolutely no one on the "far right" would want this.

Easy to know why - they'd be the first victims of the obama regime under this law.

No clue on what Lieberman is trying to accomplish with this.

You're correct on the creation of a slippery slope by this kind of legislation, though.

And regarding your post directly above this one where the White House spokesman Gibbs says he doesn't know of anyone supporting the Lieberman bill.

That's hardly any comfort considering the obama regime's record of saying one thing now and the opposite later.

Recall obama saying that there needed to be stronger immigration enforcement by the feds when the controversy over the AZ law started, only to have obama's true feelings revealed a little later in his budget that reduces enforcement by the feds.

[edit on 5/7/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Absolutely no one on the "far right" would want this.

Whatever the "far right" is. I'm not sure anymore. I had a hard time coming up with a phrase that would suit those to whom he is pandering, but you're right. Who is the audience of Lieberman and McCain's pandering lately? Tea Partiers? Neo-cons? Because what used to be the far right is now "real conservative" and what used to be Republican is now Neo-con... It's all so confusing!

Anyway, he's pandering for mid-term votes for his buddies, whatever they call themselves.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Why is this a problem? If someone goes to a declared enemy of this country to receive military training on how to attack this country, have they not by doing so given up their citizenship? This precedent has been on the books of the US code since 1941.

It is no different than attending bootcamp with an opposing army.

At what point do you renounce your citizenship? Is there anything a person can do which can have his citizenship stripped?

Strip this fool of his citizenship and bring him before a military court. He has confessed. Shoot him and be done with it.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by Nosred

Why is this a problem? If someone goes to a declared enemy of this country to receive military training on how to attack this country, have they not by doing so given up their citizenship? This precedent has been on the books of the US code since 1941.

The problem is the slippery slope that is created whereby THIS time it's the government saying "terrorists" lose citizenship. The problem is who does the deciding of who else is a terrorist.

Recall the obama regime's justice department recently sending out directives to law enforcement all over the country labeling people with certain bumper stickers, etc. as potential terrorists?

What if they next decide it's YOU that is the terrorist?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join