It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana dispensaries told to close

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl
Thank you so much for contributing to this discussion, one of the things I love about ATS is how amazing the mods are, and they are not so "holier-than-though" to actually discuss issues with the members. Much love.

I agree. I'm glad a moderator has joined the discussion. Let's just remember the rules and this thread won't be closed. Not that anyone has yet.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

Here is my issue with all this. The number of clubs IMHO in say San Francisco far excede the legit demand for the product. Its like a city of 1000 have 4 Quiznos. Its being overdone and makes me think some/many are not doing legit business.

I have to agree with the ammount of dispensaries. Only because they are all grouped together...

Now San Fran. technically isn't So Cal. But if you want to use a city that is, try Hunington Beach, or Westminster.

Again, the reason for this? Because those same caregivers can not open a dispensary in Buena Park, Fullerton, etc.

Seems to me, if they would make the state decide, once and for all, that it is okay for dispensaries to be open this would all cease.

And remember, from my first post:

Los Angeles became the epicenter of the state's dispensary boom last year, following the Obama administration's announcement that it would not prosecute medical marijuana stores that adhered to state law. Although the city had a moratorium on new dispensaries, it failed to enforce the ban and hundreds opened with no oversight, triggering complaints from neighborhood activists.

Under the new ordinance, only dispensaries that registered with the city after the council adopted the moratorium in 2007 will be allowed to operate. City officials estimate that more than 130 of the original 186 registered dispensaries are still in business.

Source

Also:

Those dispensaries have six months to comply with the ordinance, which requires stores to be 1,000 feet from places where children congregate, including schools and parks.

Source

They seem to be doing some cleaning, as I stated earlier. I am surprised to hear it is reaching Orange County though.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Exactly! Every city is either more friendly or less friendly. Cities like Santa Ana LOVE the clinics because they are bankrupt and they badly need the tax revenue. Fullerton and Anaheim, as well as most of South Orange County are filled with young, Christian families who can't keep their nose out of everyones business. THEY are the ones who have a problem with the clinics, and they have enough money to bribe local politicians to try and get rid of them. Its a political poker game, and sadly enough they hold the most chips.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Ahh, moral pushing 101

Come November, I hope for some change.

Until then, I use my knowledge of the brain to influence those around me. I help them to "think" before thinking. While my following is small, it is there

So I know, come November, 8 folks are going to be voting a certain way

On topic notes:

I have not heard much more about this, though I admit I have been busy and have not been looking for news on this. (I have been looking at news though :p )

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Hell yeah dude. We are fighting a guerilla war between reason and insanity, and our a-bomb is that we have the scientific facts to back our arguments up. We just need to keep fighting the good fight until we find the 100th monkey, and then things will change. Until then, the best thing we can do is not silence ourselves and hide away in shame, thats right where the man wants us. We need to be loud, outspoken, and refuse to stop until we are heard. S**** going to change come November, I can feel it.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I am under the reasoning I am just as insane as everyone else on the planet. The only difference is I don't try to make people act like me! I mean, I know I am craaaaaazzzzy, why would I push my ideals on others?!

With that said, I have to detail what I mean by: Helping them to "think" before thinking.

This is so simple, it is scary.

We all agree (mostly) that "mass programming" goes on to the general populace. Many of those "we all agree" also are aware of some of the tricks, gimmicks, and mirrors used in the programming.

All I do, is show the general populace (The ones I have contact with.) those tricks, gimmicks, and mirrors.

When someone yells at me about how I am a filthy cigarette smoker. I remind them that "I don't drive a car, and you do."

Then I ask: "Would you rather spend 30 minutes with me smoking in a closed garage, or your car?"

Then: "Isn't it safe to say, that you are 'more filthy' because you make 'more smoke'?"

Their anger lets me know that they are thinking. They don't have to think "my way" to be thinking

Oh Noes! Topic Alert!

I use the same philosophy here. I would go into detail, but I do not know the rules of this specific area well enough. And I don't want to get in trouble for drug chants :p

Long story, a little longer...

Instead of fighting them, I show that I am the same as them. No one, that I know, wants to kick their own @$$.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You couldn't be more right. It's all about breaking the paradigm, and forcing people to use their individual reasoning and intelligence to make decisions rather than unconsciously agreeing like sheep due to years of thought conditioning and brain-washing.

You rock dude. Marry me. jk?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

And I honestly think "we" are starting to see this.

One of my favorite items: We need to spend more time on ourselves, and less on others.

Unfortunately, I notice that; using projection, when we spend time on ourselves it ends up bothering others.

Again, I have no idea even where to begin to fix anything. Or even if the anything needs fixing. In my opinion, it does. But, like my butt, and my cigarettes, that opinion can stink.

Or I just need a shower...

I figure this will be like a big turd passing. "They" feel the pressure in their bowels, and are worried the turd will rip the sphinx. Once it passes, and the sphinx is safe, I think this whole issue will die down quickly.

After all, we are a fickle race...

This is where I would put a witty remark about marriage in, but I am at a loss for words...how did you do that!!?? (+1 internets for having the ability to silence my gabbyness!)

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

HAHAHA. Sorry all the other members of ATS, but I kind of hijacked this thread to flirt with adigregorio. I can't help myself, I'm a woman!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
(double post damn my cheap internet!)

[edit on 25-6-2010 by MarlboroRedCowgirl]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl

HAHAHA. Sorry all the other members of ATS, but I kind of hijacked this thread to flirt with adigregorio. I can't help myself, I'm a woman!

I thought I was dense, I didn't know I was black hole dense!

*enjoys the flirtations*

More evidence that I am INDEED a nerd.

TOPIC:

I have none, goodbye sweet post.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join