It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedy Central considers series about Jesus Christ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

NEW YORK – Having already caused a fuss this spring with the depiction of the prophet Muhammad on "South Park," Comedy Central said Thursday that it has a cartoon series about Jesus Christ in the works.

"JC" is one of 23 potential series the network said it has in development. It depicts Christ as a "regular guy" who moves to New York to "escape his father's enormous shadow."

His father is presented as an apathetic man who would rather play video games than listen to his son talk about his new life, according to Comedy Central's thumbnail sketch of the idea. Reveille, the production company behind "The Office," "Ugly Betty" and "The Biggest Loser," is making "JC."

It wouldn't be the first time Jesus Christ has been on a Comedy Central cartoon; he's a recurring character on the long-running "South Park."

Comedy Central was the target last month of an Internet threat for a "South Park" episode that supposedly showed Islam's prophet in a bear costume.

news.yahoo.com...

This sounds really funny. And good for them. I hope they do make it into a full show.

Of course William Donahue, president of The Catholic Jihad(Yes, I know, feel free to flame away) and target of previous South Park episodes has already condemned the show to hell, but in the same breath condemned Comedy Central for NOT showing Muhammad.
How hypocritical....how typical...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Sure,

Let's see if they have the balls to do the same with Islam.... I bet not.

The Anti-christian crew gets really quiet or sentimental when portraying Islam in the same way..... Oh, why is that??

Seriously, why is that... bet you won't say it.... not politically correct.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

ZOMG they need to insult Islam too or else it's not good enough!!! WE SHOULD INSULT EVERY RELIGION AND EVERY CULTURE!!!!

Is this really what America has come to? No wonder everybody else hates us.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged

WE SHOULD INSULT EVERY RELIGION AND EVERY CULTURE!!!!

Although sarcasm, there is truth. If we can make fun of one why does any other group get a free pass? That's just hypocritical in my opinion.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged

ZOMG they need to insult Islam too or else it's not good enough!!! WE SHOULD INSULT EVERY RELIGION AND EVERY CULTURE!!!!

Is this really what America has come to? No wonder everybody else hates us.

Just trying to point out the obvious ZOMG boy.... have a spine if you want to bash religion..... why "avoid" offending a particular "sect"?

You know why as well as I do.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
South Park said it themselves. Either it's all OK to make fun of, or none of it is.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
they should make a series about the life of bush, how he sold his soul and his country to serve the zionist state of israel

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think they should have a comedy show about atheists leading their normal lives, hating everyone who believes in God and promoting their worldview by taking over the schools and national media. Then they should show them dying off one by one and being cast into hell.

Their screaming and torments, coupled with their pathetic explanations of how they are still right about God, whilst squirming in the fires of hell, would be extremely hilarious don't you think?

Why is it the atheists don't share my sense of humor I don't get it?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Why don't you start your own Cable TV station and then you can make whatever cartoon you want.

Until then why do you think you have any say in what a network does and does not too?

Did you ever think that Viacom might have a large market in Muslim nations around the world? Do you think that it's worth them PERMANENTLY losing all of their massive business ventures just so a bunch of negative-minded busy-bodies can have a giggle? Do you have any idea how much money they could lose, worldwide? You know, they actually have a BUSINESS to run, they don't just make TV shows to give nerds something to feel superior to other people when they watch it. They care about MONEY, and that's all.

America has lost it's culture, and replaced it with a negative-culture. I mean a culture in which the only cultural past time is making fun of any other culture that doesn't center around drinking, cigarettes, and casual sex.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by FalselyFlagged]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Sounds like a good idea, too bad it will probably be bad like most of their other shows but i will definitely give it a shot if it comes out.

South Park did a really great number of William Donahue. In fact, Jesus kills Donahue. I remember reading that Donahue had a good laugh over the show and has a picture of himself from the show in his office. What is the picture of? Donahue as the pope!

from wiki:

Donohue has a still of himself wearing the papal miter from this episode displayed in his office. He sums up the plot as "I take over the church and give it some guts".[1]

The episode is one of my favorites and is a spoof of The Davinci Code. The episode is called Fantastic Easter Special and you can watch the whole episode here:

www.southparkstudios.com...

Hey i'm going to watch it now! You should join me!

edit: for those with sensitive ears, this episode is uncensored so cover your little rabbit ears!

[edit on 6-5-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Why is it the atheists don't share my sense of humor I don't get it?

I do. That's why I posted this......

new topics

top topics

join