It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg - Brady Pushing Private Gun Sales Ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

SOURCE/PETITION

I'm Putting this on ATS because I think we need to do what ever we can to stop this madness.

Visit this thread to learn more.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Scarcer]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
No one?

No one cares about this?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

What is the NRA doing? I'm a member, and I thought that they were fighting this as well.
Our second amendment is a sacred law that provides for us to fight off the tyranny of a "gone bad " government. This is just the reason why our for fathers wrote this in, they had had it with the Crown!
S&F!!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

www.nraila.org...

It says something about it there.

I've looked into Bloomberg and the Mayors Against ALL Guns (or w/e) and read a report/legislative suggestions and it's BAD. I want nothing to do with them regarding U.S. Politics.

And, H.R. 2324 would impose a "vendor" requirement with which no one could comply. The bill would require show operators to notify the Attorney General, in writing, no later than 30 days in advance of the show, of the name of every "vendor." Of course, there is no way that a show promoter can know 30 days (or 30 seconds) in advance who is going to attend a show, or who might bring a firearm to sell, or who might have a conversation with someone about selling a firearm. Both bills also seek to register gun owners. Because of how the bills define "vendor," a gun show promoter would be forced to have everyone who attends a show sign the ledger. And the bills require that the "vendor" ledgers be available to BATFE inspectors. Many Americans would refuse to sign a ledger just to walk around a show, which would reduce show attendance. Both bills also would require registration of gun shows. S. 843 would additionally allow the Attorney General to charge an unspecified fee for registering a gun show. The power to set prohibitively expensive fees is the power to destroy, of course. Both bills would also authorize the BATFE to conduct warrantless inspections of the required "vendor" (customer) ledger and all records of licensed firearm dealers while dealers are at shows to conduct business—a provision clearly designed to discourage dealers from participating in shows.

new topics

top topics

join