It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

www.nbcbayarea.com

Galli says he and his friends were sitting at a table during brunch break when the vice principal asked two of the boys to remove American flag bandannas that they wearing on their heads and for the others to turn their American flag T-shirts inside out. When they refused, the boys were ordered to go to the principal's office.

"They said we could wear it on any other day," Daniel Galli said, "but today is sensitive to Mexican-Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
WOW.

I can understand trying to be "PC" in this day and age.. but this is a bit much to say the least.

Last I checked this was The United States of America and the American flag was our country's symbol.

So, because it was "cinco de mayo" the flag of our country is off limits due to it being "incendiary" and would lead to fights on campus?!?

With this method of logic we should not see ANY Mexican flags any other day of the year correct?

Where does it all end?

www.nbcbayarea.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
iT's kind of messed up when someone with a little authority let's it go to their head, and they turn into dick-taters. So many examples of this into today's society.. to the point where they think it's okay to violate someone's rights. I know where that slogan "Question Authority" comes from. If someone like this gets disrespected, they deserve it. They need to stick with the dress code policy and nothing more.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
There is already a long thread running here on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks,

Pax

new topics

top topics

join