It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

reports say saddam ordered uniforms like the u.s. military....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
yep heard it on msnbc... anyone else heard of this? they said they wanted to outfit a paramilitary troop to look like u.s. military and go and kill thier own citizens.... so the u.s. could get the blame for it.

messed up. i hope it isnt true.

bastards.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Here is a link.....
Official: Iraqi Soldiers Ordered to Commit Atrocities While Dressed as U.S. Troops
foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yup, that'll work, being they look so much like us and all!

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Wouldn't be the first time he has killed his own....HE's GOTTA GO!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Just gives us another example of how insane and demented he is. That wont cause too much problems though, our military is very advanced and will most likely be organized in their attacks. We'll know our allies from our foes, don't worry.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
ah he's pulling the ww2 trick that the nazi's did, i agree with MM the us military is advanced enuf that they will know the difference
plus i don;t think they wud know english so how wud they fit in

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Mutilator Just gives us another example of how insane and demented he is.

This is why I've never referred to him by any name other than "Sodamn Insane"...

...Back during the years that people have been accusing him of having homosexual relations, I used to point out that you can't trust a guy whose very *name* is the start of homosexuality...Just add the letter "y" to the end of his first name & pronounce it again: "Saddamy"

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Mutilator
Just gives us another example of how insane and demented he is. That wont cause too much problems though, our military is very advanced and will most likely be organized in their attacks. We'll know our allies from our foes, don't worry.

exactly how will our military men know the difference? i can assume some thinks but im not sure if they are correct or not and i know you have got to know more then i do about this. just curious.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
For one thing, observant people will realize that the disguised troops are not likely to be using American-official weapons...Although the possibility remains that Sodamn Insane will have been able to *acquire* enough of our weapons to outfit a small unit of troops.

However, unless he could also find a decent number of caucasian guys willing to wear those disguises, there will be a very high percentage of "bronze-skinned Americans" in those units...

[Edited on 7-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 04:36 AM
link   
like thomas said, they're arabs, and i dont know if you have an all arab outfit in the u.s.??!

I think it's more likely that they would be used if a street to street battle occurred, to create confusion amoungst the u.s troops, although thats unlikely to work as their kit would be obviously identifiable.

in the dark, smoke, and activity of close battle though....

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Having lived in the middle east, I can tell you that some Arabs are as dark as blacks, and some are as light as caucasians. Not all wear mustaches (and if they did, they could shave). In uniform, and in photos, they could EASILY pass for American GIs...

The good news is, with this out in the open, it simply makes the idea not work...
Of course, it does kind of give a green light to American GIs brutalizing Iraqis, and claiming it was a farce...

Hopefully, that will not end up being the case...

top topics

join