It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's the best browser out there.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hi guys I'm really in need of some good advice.

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but it looked like the most obvious.

I recently was offered the choice to pick a new server. ( Something with explorer having a monopoly or something. )

But that's not why I ask.
The problem is which one I should choose. I'm not really in to the matter and if it works I'm happy as it is.

Here are my choices :

Maxton Browser.
FlashPeak SlimBrowser
GreenBrowser
Avant Browser
K-Meleon You you have control
Flock
Sleipnir
Safari
Opera Browser
Google Chrome
Modzilla Firefox
And internet explorer.

Can someone give me a bit of advice or share their favourite browser and maybe why it's their favourite ?

Thank you.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm not all that computer savvy but I've tried a few and feel that google chrome works best on my laptop. Many friends of mine prefer firefox

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
chrome or firefox

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadaBorn

Yes a pot of mine do to but none of them can realy tell me why.
I think they are like me and it works fine.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Have seen Opera is good but I use Firefox and happy with them..........each to their own. You use and decide your preference really!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
firefox all the way, to be honest, i use ALOT of mozilla things

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Google Chrome all the way, I've never unintendedly downloaded malware/spyware/virus that you would normally pick up with IE. Firefox is good, but I feel that google chrome has the fastest speeds and most user-friendly interface.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
not Explorer I can tell you that much. Personally as a web designer I prefer Firefox, requires the least trouble to work with as far as I can tell although I have not used a bunch of the ones one your list. While designing I have seen Safari, Opera, and Chrome work perfectly fine with most of my coding, explorer blows up every time without fail, I almost always have to write conditional css and other source code to get stuff to work properly on IE.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Good to hear the same names pop up. Makes my choice easier.

I little while ago there was talk about a new and improved internet super fast but the way to get there was to censor half of what is out there.

I assume you all have not encountered anything that looks or sound like it ?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Firefox, i use it for years and never had any problems.

Google Chrome installs all kind of stupid crap like Googleupdate.exe. That alone is one good reason against it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Must Have Free software : Firefox , CCleaner , and Enditall(ends all processes) , AVG free anti virus , Gimp2 (think photo shop pro) , GOM video player (plays almost anything)

[edit on 6-5-2010 by bluemooone2]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Used firefox for ages then the new version became rather rope and wouldent connect to the net. Have been on chrome since its release and can say it is fast and easy, just the way I like it

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have explorer, mozila and chrome.
I use chrome because is the fastest.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I've tried a lot of browsers from your list: Avast, Maxton, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, KMeleon and a few others.

The one that I found to be the best for me is Opera. It's standard compliant, doesn't hang when loading pages, the UI is extremely responsive, and has great features. feed reader (which I also use to download video/audio podcasts
), session manager, speed dial, private browsing, notes and saving pages as web archives are the most important. It even has IRC and bittorrent support.

Firefox has great add-ons for web developers, but if you are not one I'm confident the best solution for you is Opera.

Another piece of advice.. if you want to give Google Chrome a try you should install Iron Chrome. It uses Chrome's engine, but it doesn't send your info back to Google. (of course they still get info about you if you use their search engine/email/whatever
)

you can find it here.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Ionut]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Firefox is good. I personally like the add-ons.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
man i always used Firefox but then i started to use safari and now i use Opera!!

Opera Opera Opera! its been the best for me, currently its the world fastest browser, and very secure (if not the most secure) as well. they also have some widgets and add ons and it still would be just as fast.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
browser review 2010

Just a place to start - it's personal preference, for the most part.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm very happy with Opera I've been using it for a year and a half and do not miss IE. I have 60 tabs going and everything runs fine.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Silverado292]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Here's my favourite:

[edit on 6-5-2010 by nevets]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nevets

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join