It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden seeks to reassure EU over bank data anti-terror scheme

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Biden seeks to reassure EU over bank data anti-terror scheme

www.google.com

BRUSSELS — US Vice President Joe Biden attempted on Thursday to convince a reluctant European parliament to agree to a controversial bank data exchange scheme in order to counter terror ploys.

Biden, at the start of a European tour, promised the "inalienable rights" of Europeans would be preserved, something on which not all European lawmakers are convinced.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

This Biden is such an idiot. What does he think? He can just come to Europe and lecture us about our foolishness for our opposition against transferring the data of every single bank transaction to US intelligence agencies?

Personally, I have no problems if US intelligence request data about individual transactions that they suspect being related to terrorist activities, but not of every person. I wonder if Obama and his cronies would still be interested if they EU would also demand all data of US banking transactions.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Were I to be in such a position, I would counter the request by saying that as reciprocation for the release of such data, you would request all transactional data for every member of congress, the senate, the supreme justices, and the administration of the United States, as well as all politically appointed officials both in and outside the country..... whatever excuse they come up with to avoid such disclosure would be the same I give them for refusing the request.

Gumption, you gotta laugh at it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Trust me, Biden states!

Oh yeah, trust your overlords.

I have a feeling the whole thing is going to come crashing down, very soon.

Welcome to the world bank's solution. We only want information. Information on everything that everybody does.

Sorry, but Biden and the other morons that are the puppets have about as much credibility as Bernie Madoff.

C'mon EU, do you really want to be a part of the Mutually Assured Economic Destruction scenario.

They want to tie everything together. Everything. That way if one country sinks, everything sinks.

The ol M.A.D. doctrine placed into the economic situation.

Oh well, the plan is being instituted and there is nothing you can do.

top topics

join