It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Little Thing I Call Dream Sequence Nausea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I've run across an interesting phenomena. Someone I know experiences feelings of nausea after recalling a specific dream from the night before. I have researched this and found that it is not uncommon. Here is a link to others who have experienced similar events: Dream Sequence Nausea. (I will apologize up front because you will have to read through some useless comments. But the majority of them relate to the same phenomena.)

Being the suspicious person that I am, I wonder if this is similar to a post hypnotic suggestion that blocks your brain from recalling an event--in this case (and why I have posted it here) my conjectured event is an alien visitation.

Has anyone else run across this phenomena? Has it already been discussed on existing threads? I am turning to my fellow UFO hunters to see if they can help enlighten me.

edit: Found another thread on the same forum: Strange Deja Vu Followed by Nausea
Some people who have these events are subsequently diagnosed as having mild epileptic seizures, but others come up normal. Still makes me wonder what the heck is going on.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by JoeBarna]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well, i don't have nay of that, but i have woken up...ran to the bathroom, vomited, then gone right back to bed. On more than one occasion.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernutty

Maybe you woke up too fast ?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Here's an extract from one of the posts on the thread I linked in the original post.

"I, too, have symptoms of nausea and disorientation when I experience a feeling of deja vu. However, I also get extreme tunnel vision (to the point where my vision is completely blacked out), and my nausea gets worse and worse to the point where I begin dry heaving. I get dizzy as well.

Typically it happens when something I am doing, something I hear, or something I see reflects something I dreamed about. The harder I try to remember what it is, the more extreme the symptoms get. The best solution I've found is to tell yourself that it's not what you think it is. Put it out of your mind and I begin feeling instantly better."

To me this is a classic form of mind control. What was this person trying to recall. Why did his symptoms increase the harder he tried to remember? Read the attached link on the original post and you will see numerous people experiencing the same symptoms. I came to this forum with this issue because I suspect it to be related to aliens (I have a very active imagination), but this could just be a shot in the dark. What is real is the symptoms people are experiencing. What is going on here?

Has nobody else experienced this?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeBarna

That's strange. Remembering and re-living my dreams and even nightmares, are very pleasurable to me.

It's amazing to go over and remember even the worst of nightmares. It's actually quite a euphoric process, I don't know why it makes you sick.

What I am guessing, is maybe, there is some sort of physical issue.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by YissakharMelech]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by YissakharMelech

Remembering my dreams is normally very pleasant for me as well, though my wife get's nausea / vertigo when she tried to recall hers MOST of the time. Very odd.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So are you proposing that the nausea is a physical manifestation of some sort of memory block that is programmed to prevent you from thinking about your dreams? Or what may be perceived as dreams?

If so, it does make sense in a way. If someone were to want to prevent a memory recall (and they had the technology) they could use negative physical reinforcement to do so.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 6-8-2010 by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I experience this. It started about 10 years ago. It'll begin with a sense of dream de ja vu, often triggered by a smell, or a light pattern. I'll get stuck in a "loop" trying to piece the "memory" together, then suddenly I will no longer know where I am or what I am doing. From that point I've been told I "zone out", often rocking back and forth sometimes repeating the last words I may have said to someone. That part I am not conscious for.
It only lasts for a minute or so, but afterwards I am very confused and nauseous, and will sleep for about an hour.

I was diagnosed with partial complex seizures, or Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (TLE). I have been on medications, currently Tegretol (carbabmazepine) and I have not had a seizure since.

I was told my epilepsy was caused by a lesion in my brain. My doctor told me this has been verified via MRI and EEG's.

I cannot speak for everyone who experiences this, but I am quite sure it is not due to any ET involvement. I never had a strange experiences prior; no lost time or anything like that either.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Wow, I never thought that could be real. Oh man haha.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Vashni Iota

Thank you for your input and I am sorry about your TLE. The threads I referenced do identify people who exhibit these symptoms and share your affliction. But there are also those who have the same deja vu feelings/nausea and have been found not to have TLE. So if there are folks who have this symptom and have been shown NOT to have TLE, then what is the cause?

Call me someone with an overactive imagination (you won't be the first), but things such as this make me wonder. There are many threads on this site that address possible alien abduction/interaction events. What if this is another manifestation of such an event?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This threads pretty old but this happened to me just today, twice even. I had an odd dream where i was in a government building or something. Im not sure if i was physically there (in the dream) or floating around like a spirit.
Any ways i went through several rooms, and they were all numbered. room 1, room 2, 3, and so on. when i got to room 6, it was like connected to the 7th. the numbers on the floor, the 6 and the 7 appeared to be swirling and blending together. then i woke up.

I had the worst nausea i had ever had, like a pain almost. and somehow i didnt throw up. When i closed my eyes for a while after that, i would see the 6 and the 7 and i would get the nausea again. eventually i feel asleep again, and had another dream. this one i cant recall but i woke up nauseous again! im just hoping it doesnt happen a 3rd time. i would love to know what this means if someone can fill me in on what this phenomenon is

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I have had this happen to me, and for some reason it seems to revolve around old cartoons from when I was a kid. I have memories of those cartoons, but if I try to recall the dream (what I was doing, where I was, etc.) I get his with this overwhelming nausea that actually makes me wretch and on occasion vomit. I also get pain in my head that makes me feel like there has somehow been a "block" put in there to keep me from recalling certain dreams. I am almost afraid to try to recall any of them, and try to keep the serious thought of they "how's" and "why's" out of my head. I just don't know what other explanation is out there, and I do seriously wonder what exactly happens to me while I am sleeping. It happens every few months....

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Okay heres just a theory
I believe that the dreams were trying to recall have just toooo much detail in em as if it were a real reality another realm and being awake and having our brain already process a lot of detail trying to process both just gives us an uncomfortable feeling nausea.
a reply to: Dissent

new topics

top topics

join