It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NYPD Tapes: Inside Bed-Stuy's 81st Precinct

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The NYPD Tapes: Inside Bed-Stuy's 81st Precinct

www.villagevoice.com

Two years ago, a police officer in a Brooklyn precinct became gravely concerned about how the public was being served. To document his concerns, he began carrying around a digital sound recorder, secretly recording his colleagues and superiors.

They reveal that precinct bosses threaten street cops if they don't make their quotas of arrests and stop-and-frisks, but also tell them not to take certain robbery reports in order to manipulate crime statistics. The tapes also refer to command officers calling crime victims directly to intimidate them about their complaints.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is a long article to read but you really need to read it. The police are getting out of control, and is there any way to stop them?

I just saw the video of the swat team killing the mans dog for a small amount of weed. There is nothing you can do, if you protect yourself from these thugs you're jailed even longer, killed, or spat on by the community for going against a police officer.

They don't even refer to themselves as a civil servant or peace officer and now they like to be called the "Authorities".

www.villagevoice.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/5/10 by xstealth]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sadly, the corporate mentality of bean-counting and feeding politically expedient statistics is just the tip of the iceberg here.

Everything our polices forces once stood for is now utterly usurped by publicity, funding, and politics.

I always hoped that the many good police out there would have made it impossible for a quota system to function, but apparently, they were overrun from within.

The funny thing is that there are still millions who don't believe this affects them or their local police departments. To them I say, guess again.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I agree, sadly, there just aren't enough good cops out there anymore to justify the bad ones.

I kind of wish we could get away from this bureaucratic nonsense that seems to be permeating all aspects of society. Most notably, law enforcement, and politics of course.

I think back to the old wild west Sheriffs, they were out there to look after their town. Sure, their methods back then were laughable today, but they were efficient. Bad guys get messed with, good people are protected.

Why is it those two principals have since been reversed?!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It reminds me of that Russian policeman that made a video to complain about corruption and politicians doing nothing about it.

To end the story on a short note; He was fired...

It wouldn't surprise me if they confiscated his tapes and fire him/take his pension away.

Either you play the game or you loose nowadays, if it's not corruption, it's a bounty on your head from drug dealers...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Great read, and not surprising at all. It was actually worse in the past, can you believe it? What a massive amount of corruption from the inside-out! The entire system needs an overhaul or we are in some serious trouble here folks. Something has got to give...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
F*** the police!

Second line.

new topics

top topics

join