It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope to Deliver an 'Intense Message' at Fatima

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
OK, this may be a whole lot of nothing but, it caught my interest.

There are plenty of folks out there who think the Vatican did not release the complete version of the 3rd secret of Fatima. The Pope is scheduled to visit Fatima next week and it is being said that he will deliver an "intense message" during his visit there.

Could this mean that the Pope is getting ready to finally reveal the complete text of the 3rd secret of Fatima?

IS IMMINENT DISCLOSURE NEAR?
(sorry, just couldn't resist that line with all of the UFO threads around here
)

Pope Benedict to deliver 'intense' message during Fatima visit

"Fatima is a particularly significant place for this Pope," said Vatican spokesman Fr. Federico Lombardi on Tuesday, noting that it was also a destination for two former Popes. The Holy Father has a thorough knowledge of the history of the Marian sanctuary, he added.

Fr. Lombardi held a press conference at the Vatican to prepare the media for the Pope's next trip out of the Vatican. He will be visiting Portugal from May 11-14.

The spokesman referred to the Pope's stop in Fatima on May 13 as the highlight and "heart" of the upcoming four-day trip to Portugal, according to Vatican Radio. But, he pointed out, Benedict XVI will not be the first Pope to visit the Marian shrine.

The Portuguese shrine is not unfamiliar to Pope Benedict, since as head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger extensively studied the message of Fatima. Fr. Lombardi said on Tuesday that the Pope has been involved with history of the Marian sanctuary in a "very deep, personal way."

It was him, for example, who was called upon to give a theological perspective when the third secret of Fatima was made public in 2000.

The Vatican spokesman said that the Holy Father will also deliver an intense message during his Fatima visit. Upon his arrival at the sanctuary on May 12, he will remember John Paul II and the 29th anniversary of the assassination attempt that nearly took his life on May 13, 1981.

Read more: CNA

Here is the official Vatican translations of the secrets of Fatima, the Vatican's OS, if you will.

And, here is a web site discussing the theory that part of the 3rd secret was suppressed, and another one without all of the annoying flashy banners and stuff.

Like I said, this could just be a whole lot of nothing but, it definitely is worth keeping an eye on IMO.

[edit on 5/6/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
First thing I thought when I read this headline was "DISCLOSURE!!!! YESSSS!!!" then my logic kicked in and slapped me back into my intellect.

Still hoping....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crossfate
First thing I thought when I read this headline was "DISCLOSURE!!!! YESSSS!!!" then my logic kicked in and slapped me back into my intellect.

Still hoping....

It would be funny if he came out and announced alien disclosure at Fatima.

All the folks waiting to hear the rest of the 3rd secret would be disappointed but, the rest of the world would freak out.

BTW, I found the Official Program for Pope's Portugal Trip if anyone is interested.

It doesn't say anything about his "intense" message or when it will be delivered but it lets you know about all of the events where he'll be speaking so you can keep an eye out for any major announcements.

[edit on 5/6/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Who knows.
Maybe it's just something like the Pope finally admitting he's not "infallible". Something it seems the rest of the world has known for ages, but Archbishops and Popes never seemed to realize.

Perhaps saying that "Yes, I the Pope can make mistakes. I am not really perfect" is earth-shaking and "intense" for them. Just not to us.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I already know---hes to announce that he is into beastuality!!!!!
People dont let this church be a reflection of the truth which the bible teaches. The catholic church is what happens to a church that gets corrupted and cannot return to te truth.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Who knows.
Maybe it's just something like the Pope finally admitting he's not "infallible". Something it seems the rest of the world has known for ages, but Archbishops and Popes never seemed to realize.

Perhaps saying that "Yes, I the Pope can make mistakes. I am not really perfect" is earth-shaking and "intense" for them. Just not to us.

Seeing as how neither Popes nor Bishops, neither Cardinals nor priests, neither clergy nor lay person actually believes that, it wouldn't be very intense.

Try finding out what the Church actually teaches before slamming them for it. the Pope is not perfect. He is a sinner like the rest of us. That is what is taught by the Church.

But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of you getting your hate on.

Eric

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I don't think he's going to reveal anything.. but: I do think that this is the beggining of disclosure ! ;P

Thanks for posting, still ; really interesting!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Sorry you heard "hate" there. Talk about reactionary.

So why is the phrase "the infallability of the Pope" used?

Catholic Answers:

Vatican II explained the doctrine of infallibility as follows: "Although the individual bishops do not enjoy the prerogative of infallibility, they can nevertheless proclaim Christ’s doctrine infallibly. This is so, even when they are dispersed around the world, provided that while maintaining the bond of unity among themselves and with Peter’s successor, and while teaching authentically on a matter of faith or morals, they concur in a single viewpoint as the one which must be held conclusively. This authority is even more clearly verified when, gathered together in an ecumenical council, they are teachers and judges of faith and morals for the universal Church. Their definitions must then be adhered to with the submission of faith" (Lumen Gentium 25).

Infallibility belongs in a special way to the pope as head of the bishops (Matt. 16:17–19; John 21:15–17). As Vatican II remarked, it is a charism the pope "enjoys in virtue of his office, when, as the supreme shepherd and teacher of all the faithful, who confirms his brethren in their faith (Luke 22:32), he proclaims by a definitive act some doctrine of faith or morals. Therefore his definitions, of themselves, and not from the consent of the Church, are justly held irreformable, for they are pronounced with the assistance of the Holy Spirit, an assistance promised to him in blessed Peter."

The infallibility of the pope is not a doctrine that suddenly appeared in Church teaching; rather, it is a doctrine which was implicit in the early Church. It is only our understanding of infallibility which has developed and been more clearly understood over time. In fact, the doctrine of infallibility is implicit in these Petrine texts: John 21:15–17 ("Feed my sheep . . . "), Luke 22:32 ("I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail"), and Matthew 16:18 ("You are Peter . . . ").

So the Pope and the Bishops tell people what the scripture means and it's infallilbe what they say.

Apparently some Catholics do believe this.
Perhaps you should study up yourself.

[edit on 6/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Papal infallibility doesn't mean that the Pope is always right or perfect, it means that he is incapable of teaching error ONLY under certain very specific conditions.

Conditions for papal infallibility

Statements by a pope that exercise papal infallibility are referred to as solemn papal definitions or ex cathedra teachings. These should not be confused with teachings that are infallible because of a solemn definition by an ecumenical council, or with teachings that are infallible in virtue of being taught by the ordinary and universal magisterium. For details on these other kinds of infallible teachings, see Infallibility of the Church.

According to the teaching of the First Vatican Council and Catholic tradition, the conditions required for ex cathedra teaching are as follows:

1. "the Roman Pontiff"
2. "speaks ex cathedra" ("that is, when in the discharge of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, and by virtue of his supreme apostolic authority….")
3. "he defines"
4. "that a doctrine concerning faith or morals"
5. "must be held by the whole Church" (Pastor Aeternus, chap. 4)
For a teaching by a pope or ecumenical council to be recognized as infallible, the teaching must make it clear that the Church is to consider it definitive and binding. There is not any specific phrasing required for this, but it is usually indicated by one or both of the following:

a verbal formula indicating that this teaching is definitive (such as "We declare, decree and define..."), or
an accompanying anathema stating that anyone who deliberately dissents is outside the Catholic Church.

Wickipedia

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

And that doesn't sound ridiculous to you? Infallible when conditions are right?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

reply to post by FortAnthem

And that doesn't sound ridiculous to you? Infallible when conditions are right?

It means that the Holy Spirit prevents him from OFFICIALLY teaching error.

Doesn't sound ridiculous at all to me.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Maybe it will be his own confession.

2nd line

[edit on 6-5-2010 by hadriana]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

Who knows.

Seeing as how neither Popes nor Bishops, neither Cardinals nor priests, neither clergy nor lay person actually believes that, it wouldn't be very intense.

Try finding out what the Church actually teaches before slamming them for it. the Pope is not perfect. He is a sinner like the rest of us. That is what is taught by the Church.

But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of you getting your hate on.

Eric

Actually, after a period of fasting and intense prayer, the Pope makes a statement that is known as "speaking ex cathedra". Anything he proclaims "ex cathedra" is believed to be infallible by the Church. It is extremely rare for a Pope to do this.
But nobody believes he is infallible by nature... well except people that know nothing of Catholicism and make ridiculous claims.

But I'm an atheist so I pretty much don't care anyway, lol.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It may be some truly earth shaking news, like the Pope admitting that there may be a very remote possibility, that perhaps a very few clergy may actually be queer.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

, the Pope makes a statement that is known as "speaking ex cathedra". Anything he proclaims "ex cathedra" is believed to be infallible by the Church. It is extremely rare for a Pope to do this.

Even after our understanding of the concept of "infallibility" has been corrected, the original statement remains true, viz;

That the rest of the world does not believe it, and many think it would be a good idea if the Papacy ceased to claim it.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by Angus123

, the Pope makes a statement that is known as "speaking ex cathedra". Anything he proclaims "ex cathedra" is believed to be infallible by the Church. It is extremely rare for a Pope to do this.

Even after our understanding of the concept of "infallibility" has been corrected, the original statement remains true, viz;

That the rest of the world does not believe it, and many think it would be a good idea if the Papacy ceased to claim it.

Yes I know. I don't believe it either. Just wanted to explain the concept is all. A couple folks didn't seem to know the mechanics of the myth, lol.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Perhaps the Pope will announce that the full 3rd secret of Fatima proclaims the arrival of extra-terrestrial aliens soon. That announcement would deflect some of the public anger over the child-molesting priest. It would be in keeping with recent Vatican statements concerning ET aliens being our brothers.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
As other have stated, what the Vatican considers "Intense" is usually trivial to the rest of the world. I will not be holding my breath on this one.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Or else he jumps out and says he wants to be lumberjack,
and that's okay, he sleeps all night and work all day
and then something with lady clothes and high heels

[edit on 7-5-2010 by peterfromdk]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Seeing as how you seem to have a problem with selective memory, here is part of what you stated:

'Perhaps saying that "Yes, I the Pope can make mistakes. I am not really perfect" is earth-shaking and "intense" for them. Just not to us. '

Would you like to show me any Church documents that say the Pope can't make mistakes or is perfect?

I'm aware of the Church's position about Papal infallibility, including the criteria of when the Pope is protected from error and when he isn't. Going by your statements, you clearly weren't.

Eric

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join