It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold today comes close to matching 30 day gain.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
In the past 30 days, according to Goldprice.org, gold rose $39.50 or 3.48%

Just today, May 6, 2010, gold rose $30.59 or 2.60%

www.goldprice.org...

While the DOW was down -476.12 (-4.38%)

So why is anyone investing in the DOW again?

edit: the DOW is now slowly rising, but it tanked hard, I wonder if the two are related to the Greece debt troubles. I personally think a lot of the stock market is fixed, but it's always worth a shot trying to figure out the ups and downs.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by filosophia]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Just sharing my 2cts. If gold feels like a better bargain, buy physical gold, not bits of papers anymore. Espacially in Europe.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

In a REAL, hardcore SHTF scenario you are actually better off buying organic seeds. If you buy them in mass quantities you could actually trade people for very valuable things plus grow your own food. Another valuable thing to do would be to buy solar panels, and then if you really want to go all the way buy an electric car.

However if you think it will only go down for a while then you should buy copper commodities or silver (not silver certificates, and coins are overpriced but still better than paper money at this point).

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
My uncle has been collecting gold for years and telling us to do the same. I'm starting to see why

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The mere act of buying physical gold or silver helps force government to be more honest.

new topics

top topics

join