It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stocks extend plunge on concerns about Greece

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cagliostro
reply to post by Blanca Rose

True, but I just hope I don't find out that the value of building a bunker in my back yard is suddenly too great to pass up.

Don't worry there will be order out of the chaos.

People will be on their hands and knees begging for it when it comes, just like they were in the Weimar Republic.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by cagliostro

Also, who said it would be "glorious.?"

It is what it is, no matter what way you want to spin it, people are going to get pissed.

It's pretty sad, actually, and the fact you find this whole shebang humorous is, what I find most offending.

I lived through Katrina, and saw how people can be, just like what is being shown in Greece. People get VERY upset, when they have nothing.

You can think all you want to, about there being no lawlessness, but, I think you need to get your head either outta your butt, or the sand.

Try reading my posts in the context of the thread. I was responding to comments made by pryed and Misoir, who seem positively giddy about the prospect of global collapse. I don't find what's going on to be "humorous" in the least.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cagliostro

Well, neither did I.

This is time for this to happen, though. The system is broke, and the bandages are no longer holding back the flow.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

A possible culprit for the drop was a trader error in which someone entered a "b" for billion instead of an "m" for million in a trade. Multiple sources confirmed the report to CNBC and CNBC.com

www.cnbc.com...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
That is awfully convenient, don't ya think?

A typo could be the reason for this to happen?

Ya, and I have a deal on some good swamp land for you, too!

Hmmm, one would think they would have to verify what they typed before hitting the enter option.

We even have that, on ATS!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yeah, that's an awfully convenient explanation on a day when a massive riot breaks out in Greece. Nah, I think investors are scared sh**less over what's happening over there, afraid that its going to spread.

And that turbo charged bounce back as it hit -1,000? I'm sure that was just a coincidence, too. Couldn't be that 'someone' had an autobuy at that level to prevent a total crash, could it? Nah, couldn't be.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Totally agreed, and thats exactly whats being done here, right in front of our eyes.

Thanks professor.

We should stop that game right here, right now and have the players held responsible, for this is fraud, as it is defined

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cagliostro

So let's try to think ahead a little bit here: when this glorious revolution comes, and everyone topples their governments and respective economies, what then? Survival of the fittest? Hunter/gatherers in the streets?

Or maybe a new form of democracy ? Like during the french revolution.

Or even like the first democracy ever : In ancient Greece.

Democracy is born in violence.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

The French revolution was a nightmare that ended in a military dictatorship and world war. Not exactly my idea of progress.

Athens Greece was far from true democracy, it was an oligarchy of patricians. Older wealthy male landowners were the only ones who could vote.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

We should stop that game right here, right now and have the players held responsible, for this is fraud, as it is defined

You're absolutely correct. There is zero percent chance this was an accident. The problem is that there are people involved within the government that are very likely in on these deals. They will cover, so that any "investigation" will be bogus. Welcome to the most corrupt financial system on the planet. It takes guts or insanity to invest today, because the game is rigged against the individual investor. I would avoid it like the plague.
Peace, my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join