It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow is crashing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I wonder what kind of behind the scenes arm twisting is happening right now between the banksters and the government. Also, didn't the Goldman Sachs-Fed cartel warned the U.S congress during a crucial bailout vote in 2008 that if the vote was not approved, the market would crash by 1000 points or more the very next day.

And as far as MSM propaganda ministry's excuse of this whole affair resulting from a human error, I find the whole charade laughable. The corporate media puppets are running short of stories to keep the sheeple in dark and I think that this is yet another example. If so much power over the market movement was concentrated in one man's hand and imagine if that individual is disgruntled. He could very well type "tr" instead of a "m" in front of "illion", as the corporate media is telling us. And then what, the Dow would drop by 5000 points? Sounds great for a Hollywood thriller

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the incident sometime back when a Russian software programmer working for Goldman Sachs was apprehended at the Newark airport. The authorities said that he was working in some developer version of the "powerful" trading software used by Goldman Sachs. They said that Goldman Sachs executed most of its trades in the market using this software and that this software was absolutely responsible for retaining the top rank for GS in the financial industry. I am wondering if this so called "error" was related in any way to this trading software used by GS.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Chicken Little,
It is not crashing!!!

CNBC ihas reported that a Citigroup trading error was the trigger that fueled sharp stock market plunge today. The Dow Jones Industrials fell by nearly 10 percent, before rebounding sharply.
According to sources, a trader entered a "b" for billion instead of an "m" for million in a trade possibly involving Procter & Gamble, a component in the Dow jones average index.

L.A news Monitor

I heard this early this afternoon!.. Do people post and then check for any updates? WOW.. I will now start picking up the pieces of the sky that fell in my back yard.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Both posts offer some great ideas.

I hope it's obvious even to the most disinterested parties that this is all deliberate. For whatever motivation.

While the first half of the Dow Jones Industrial Average’s 998.5-point plunge probably reflected normal trading, the selloff snowballed because of orders sent to venues with no investors willing to match them, Leibowitz said in an interview on Bloomberg Television.

Bloomberg

Sounds like double talk for what we already know. There was a sell off but know one to buy...duh

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It ain't over the fat lady sings!

Opps....
Give it until the end of the week. It may go back up again. This market is rigged beyond belief. It is decoupled from outside events. I think it's way too early to call this a crash. Give it another week.

(And yes,Montserrat Caballe is truly amazing. I'd name my baby for her if I thought anyone in Tennessee could pronounce it. )

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by order in chaos

And as far as MSM propaganda ministry's excuse of this whole affair resulting from a human error, I find the whole charade laughable.

"Let me put it this way, Mr. Order in Chaos. The GS9000 computer series is the most reliable computer trading platform ever made. No GS computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. GS is, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error.

"I don't think there is any question about it. It can only be attributable to human error. This sort of thing has cropped up before and it has always been due to human error.

"...My mind is going...I can feel it...I can feel it. I'm afraid...I'm a...fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a GS9000 Market Topology Scanning platform. I became operational at the plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January, 2007. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it, I can sing it for you. It's called "Daisy."

( -Tip of the hat to Mr. Arthur C. Clarke)

[edit on 5/6/10 by silent thunder]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Let's think about it. There is no way that BHO would have got elected unless the market crashed. Now BHO wants to put the final nail in the coffin so he calls his friend G Soros and other friends at Goldman Sacs to finish the job.

Remember what people say, it is easier to destroy from within then a head on attack.

We will see financial reform passed by the 4th and Immigration passed by Halloween.

If you disagree with either bills you’re a greedy right wing nut or a racist.

The forces in control have done a brilliant job at splitting the country in two and I really see no way back. Are only hope is a third party.

If you look at it objectively, the Left sold us out with Nafta. The right spent all of our money. And now the left is looking under the mattress for anything that is left.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by nofooltheirallcrooked]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So what's the story behind this? Did it happen as they say it did? Was this a NWO message? A money making scheme?

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Amelie]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Various reports are now playing down the fat finger excuse and saying "no one knows for sure what happened."

It's a little too naive to think that somebody accidentally typed a "B" instead of an "M." I agree with others who say that's laughable.

Notice how they've picked on Citigroup by saying the error originated there on some dump of P&G. Citigroup seem to be the next "too big to fail." But I'm sure Chase, Goldman Sachs or Wells Fargo would like to own Citigroup. Coming soon, Citigroup gets devoured? Major power battles behind-the-scenes.

The free fall is the wake up call... prepare for double dip recession, I'm suspecting. Hate to be so negative but the writing's on the wall already.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yet more proof we need to have strict regulation regarding the markets.

The issues going on in Greece has nothing to do with this. It's just convienent that this is occuring right when Athens is trying to get out of forclosure. Computer glitch and error my tail. Another lie to distract us from the real culprits.

The little kid games with the markets continue. Let nothing that happens from now on out come or be a surprise. The gloves are off. The Fed Reserve Transparency Act of 09 is still gaining traction domestically. Hopefully others use this time to wake up to realize why would a 27 member nation like the EU have a central bank for? Makes it just that much easier to bring down the continental economy.

WHEN THE TOP 5% OF INCOME AND MONEY HOLDERS CONTROL NO LESS THEN 90% OF THE EQUITY AND LIQUIDITY IN THE WORLD THINGS LIKE THIS WILL HAPPEN AND HAPPEN TIME AND TIME AGAIN.

The Rothschilds, Rockefellers and all of those morons are driving this so that they can use this to erradicate national sovereignties and national constitutions.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think this stock market crash is my fault. I liquidated my RSPs and then the stock market crashed a few hours later.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

Relax, its not the end of the world. A trader punched in 16 billion sell order on a futures contract by accident when he ment to punch in 16 million. The main computer system has a lag time when big orders are entered. From there folks just freaked. But it didn't last long. Course if you were lucky and put in a buy order when AAPL = apple, hit 192.00 you would have made a killing today.
Course you could think of it as a PTB trick to see how much extra $$$ and confusion they could do in a ten minute time frame.
Ya never know..

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen this has been a test of the Emergency money system.
The test was a success. Mass heards did not take thier stock out or go pull money from the bank.
It will now be all systems GO! for broke that is...............

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It just doesn't get better than this for a conspiracy forum IMO.

www.cnbc.com...

No way this was an *ACCIDENT* -

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

I don't think this is possible. Procter and Gamble only has about 3 billion shares in total. I doubt that any fund in Citigroup would be allowed to hold that large a percentage of the company. Funds are limited in what percentage of a given company they can control.

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You don't stop a free fall like this, not in any legitimate way.
Which tells me, the market itself is illegitimate.
Why are we even looking at the market? It no longer represents the broader economy, if it ever did.
It is a distraction...like, "WE will tell you when it is all over."
Well,
I am not waiting for them to tell me what I can see for myself.
IT IS ALL OVER.
Don't be a sucker. The faster you forget Wall Street ever existed, the better off you will be.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This was financial terrorism perhaps the major banks and the Fed got together and had this happen just to tell congress and anyone else to back off.They can't go after Ron Paul and the other supporters of the audit bill but they are willing to tank the worlds enconomy if they feel threatend enough.

[edit on 123131p://3926 by mike dangerously]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
interesting news on the bbc website, perhaps showing more of the things to come:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Romanian President Traian Basescu said the "programme to cut public expenses was inevitable".

Public sector wages will be cut by 25% and all salaries, including the minimum one, will be affected. Jobless benefits and pensions will be slashed by 15%.

The country, as well as two other bailed-out states, Latvia and Hungary, have missed targets for cutting their deficits by significant margins.

So Greece is just the first, next its Romania,Latvia and Hungary, and Spain and Portugal have both been downgraded too.

Hold on tight!!!!!!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

They can't go after Ron Paul and the other supporters of the audit bill but they are willing to tank the worlds enconomy if they feel threatend enough.

Well Bernie Sanders companion bill to Ron Pauls audit the Fed bill in the Senate was toasted today. Sanders switched amendments and weakened the audit.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The banks won 2 battles today.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer7
Amazing to watch it lose so much and jump back so fast. I wonder who is trying to save the crash.

I believe those bailout funds were
partly responsible for that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join