It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow is crashing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ah ok....just got home from work (LUCKILY) and trying to catch up. So computer sell offs is what really made the huge drop?

Looks to have ended at about -350.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Its more than than just the supposed lone trade. Take into account for volume, VIX, and the 250 pt drop before the plunge the movement will continue in the AM.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
CNN said if the S&P closes a little below 1300 or 1000, I'm not sure which one, that tommorow would be verrry interesting. Also, with such technical computers and people, it took them 2.5 hours to figure out which stock was causing so much issue.

Can you imagine how much money individuals made when P&G stock fell almost half its value, and then shot right back up! This has never happened before, ever, I think this shows people how the markets are controlled behind the scenes.

my 2cts

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yeah MSNBC is saying that it was a computer glitch....yeah right. They were told that so the markets wouldnt drop off anymore and so they can still say that the recovery is working and everything is fine and dandy.
The truth is the Greece bailout isnt going to work and the rest of the "PIIGS" are going to fall just like Greece. It all smoke and mirros.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
P & G has put in a request for a SEC investigation. Looks like it was probably a mistake somewhere and I will be surprised if the trades remain valid.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
this is one of many huge money transfers they keep trying to playoff as something else. they are making big moves behind the scenes.

the whole market is a sham right now. there never was a "recovery".

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
this is one of many huge money transfers they keep trying to playoff as something else. they are making big moves behind the scenes.

the whole market is a sham right now. there never was a "recovery".

Jobs numbers tomorrow will be more telling than any short term market move and paranoid thoughts.

Best,
SN

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
ATS must be getting hammered with web traffic right now. Pages are loading extremely slow.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There were plenty of stocks doing the same at the same time as P&G.
This all was within 50 pts of the cutoff for halting trades. Also on the half hr which was also beneficial to those in the know...wink wink

Such chicanery

[edit on 6-5-2010 by IntelRetard]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
is saying it was human error. Guy typed a "b" billion instead of a "m" for million. And guess what company it was............................................................................................................................................Citi Group.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Gov is up to something.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
When I woke up (at 2pm today) and flipped on cnbc and saw this, my immediate thought was "program trading."

That seems to be the case, if you're watching the news right now.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
News Flash!

Hip hoppers worldwide rejoice in the safety of their assets. As the stock market crashed there was a noticeable lack of depreciation among lemonaded grillz, flooded gold chains and stunna frames. In fact, these assets soared as worldwide investors rushed towards gold for safety.

When asked, ''Lil Weezy, why do you put your money where your mouth is?'' the New Orleans native replied, ''B---- 'cause my money where my mouth iz!''

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

I'd be selling gold right now.. cause it's not an inflation hedge, it's a "omg im so scerred" hedge. There's no good reason to be scared, though; therefore, I think it will drop.

I can't tell the future, but I'd be selling gold right now.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Fast Money on MSNBC just ran a title "rise of the machines"

I was saying early on this was the day that the financial SKYNET became aware!
In keeping with true ATS paranoia was today deliberate by the PTB to usher in more reform on the markets?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
what goes up must come down. the market is manipulated anyways.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Yes a lot of people made a lot of money. I was watching CNBC who had someone in a trading room and they were screaming when it went down -1000 to "buy buy buy". This was not unexpected if you pay attention to world markets.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The fat finger "B" instead of "M" mistake sounds like a trumped up story to cool off the market. If that keystroke mistake is true, I would need some proof of that.

Sounds like TPTB were able to put the brakes on a crash and prop the thing beck up with a rebound.

Volatility... that's what we're going to see for awhile. Hold on to your hats, folks.

link   
I was at work and totally oblivious to this whole thing.

Shame, I would have bought while -1000.

Would have made some good cash today.

Oh well, it's only money.

link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
Fast Money on MSNBC just ran a title "rise of the machines"

I was saying early on this was the day that the financial SKYNET became aware!
In keeping with true ATS paranoia was today deliberate by the PTB to usher in more reform on the markets?

Fast Money is a must see today. If you haven´t seen it, go over to CNBC and check out the videos when they are posted. Eye opening stuff being discussed including the issue that computer trading WILL get out of control at some point on a worldwide basis and cause a catastrophic financial event. "Financial SKYNET" is right on the money, and what could get terminated are whole nations economies.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by fockewulf190]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

easier said than done, liquidity pretty much froze during the freefall, most dealers wouldn't have honor your buy if they couldn't buy either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join